Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. If you are talking about PLASTIC lotion bottles please stop!

Propper glass dropper bottles are available in multiple sizes from Amazon and the glass will not react the way plastic can.

2. I use a blend to utilize the various health benefits which can be numerous, especially for pain and skin issues. Also, there's 3-4 levels of essential oil fragrance. Base oils like patchouli, ginger, frankincense and such have the longest lasting effects, including scent, and it will be that last of it that fades. It takes much less than others. Medium oils like tea tree, marjoram, lavender and other woodsy and floral oils are the next level and finally the citrus and a few others that are very light and are the first to dissipate. Together they form a synergistic effect. :)

Here, this explains it better than I can. Blending essential oils - How to group, combine, and go creative

• Like Like x 2
  3. But plastic is okay for topicals. Cream might be a little hard to get out of a dropper bottle. Glass, though, for the alcohol preparations. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Not for the tincture. The tincture stays in the Mason jars. Also, I will be reusing my son's ejuice dropper bottles (with proper cleaning, of course) for the tinctures.

For the finished cream, as the samples I handed out were only a little over an ounce each, they won't be in the plastic bottles long enough (and the alcohol has been cooked off) to have concern of leaching.

I have started asking friends and family to start saving their empty face cream jars and stuff for me, though. At least until I get extra cash on hand to be able to order a small bulk of jars.

5. I use these guys.

Specialty Bottle - Wholesale Glass Bottles, Jars, Metal Tins and Plastic Containers :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. BTW, Sam, my samples have thus far been labeled a success. My sponsor and a coworker were given samples to try. I have not heard from the coworker yet, but the sponsor gave me a huge grin and a thumbs up. Said it works as good as the commercial bottle she bought, but she likes it better because it's a cream, not a lotion.

Personally, it was a success before I even crawled out of bed. I put some on my hands, and on my left shoulder (always a knotted muscle). Woke middle of my night for a potty break and realized that only my right hand had any numbness. I wake every day with my thumb, forefinger, and middle finger always so numb they feel like they are swollen to the size of ring bologna. So, before I laid back down, I rubbed some into my right shoulder. Woke up to my alarm, and neither of my hands were numb. That is enough reason for me to make this all the time.

So, THANK YOU!!!! for sharing these wonderful recipes!

• Like Like x 4
  7. LMAO. I hope the shea butter isn't harmful to kitties. My king cat keeps licking my hands. He is now a little sway-ish, and purring VERY loudly.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Alrighty, Sam. My next 'big' project is going to be the Rootin' Tootin' Neuropathy Cream. I've read almost all the way through now (up to page 514), and I've bookmarked the index for quick reference so that I don't have to pester you too much. However, the post (#1564) that you have linked for the root cream tells that we need roots, oil, and crockpot, and tells how to strain, but it does not actually give the preparation instructions, such as time, temp setting. I know I read to clean, dry, and chop, keeping as many of the fine hairs as possible. But the linked tab really does not give full details, and I do need that. Also, in later posts, you talk about the almond & avacado oils, jojoba and beeswax.

Basically, I'm asking if you have all of the information in a single location to reference so that I can print it out to make the cream. One of my sponsors has asked, since my first topical turned out well, if there was something for the neuropathy, and I would like to give this one a go.

Pretty please, and thank you.
    ~EM~

• Like Like x 2
  9. #12270 PsychedelicSam, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    It's around somewhere but just let me give it to you now.

There is no particular temperature. Crockpot on high until it gets hot then turn it down to low and let cook for 18-24 hours.

I cup of roots
    1-2 cups of EVCO.

The oil will smell like nutty coconut when finished. Strain it then filter through cheesecloth.

Rootin' Tootin' Neuropathy Butter

2 oz of infused almond oil
    1 oz of root coconut oil
    1/2 oz of infused avocado oil
    1/2 oz of jojoba oil
    5g Shea butter per oz of oils
    6g beeswax per oz of oils
    Choice of essential oils

Combine all in a pyrex cup and heat in a hot water bath until the butter and wax are fully melted then whip into a cream. Don't add your essential oils until the temperature has cooled to less than 150°F. :)

By the way, this is just the formula that I use. You can mix it anyway you want. The root coconut oil is the active ingredient but you can use it alone or with the oil from your other cream and in any ratio that suits your fancy.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Hi, Sam and everyone. Super busy right now harvesting our Mother's bounty.

Question about Granddaddy Purple. Do you think the trim will give a topical a purple tone? I'm obsessed with the color and will separate out that trim if I can make a lavender tinted topical with it. Muddy green purple, not so much. And since it's rude to discuss without at least photo, here you go. Granddaddy-Purple-.jpg

• Like Like x 7

11. She sure is pretty! You may get a lavender hued GD from it but I doubt that it will carry over to the coconut oil or survive the addition of the other ingredients. Unless it's well cured you're still going to get the greenish tint, too. Of course, you could always add a bit of lavender food coloring to enhance the tone to match what someone would consider GDP, just for fun. :sneaky:

I'll be taking the AC/DC in for the next monthly test on Friday. I'm looking forward to seeing how it's progressed.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Hello OldRose, congrats on your bountiful harvest.

MOTHER NATURE!!

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 5
  13. Yes, GDP is a pretty thing, tho I have to say the rest of my 2016 grow looks like beginner herb next to the sparkle of Gorilla Glue #4.

My first batch of canna pain balm isn't green at all, and I was disappointed because I love the mint green look of yours. I'll be sure to use trim this time instead of whatever I used. o_O

I dropped off my sample of Ringo's Gift a week ago Monday, IIRC. Still waiting, busy time of year.

14. Mine is normally from fan leaf so usually gives me a greenish tint but sometimes I get an off-white or cream colored product. I use natural Shea butter and beeswax and both are a deep yellow so that lessens the green in the other oils.

When you make the GD base for the cream, check it in a light to see if has that tint. If it's deep enough it may come through the transfer. The purple is actually a flavonoid pigment and they can also be red or blue with the taste being bitter. I'd say you'll definitely have a lavender filter and husks. :)

• Like Like x 4
  15. Thank you, Sam. I knew I'd seen all of the individual components, but I've been reading so much these last weeks, pushing as much canna-knowledge into my brain as it can handle (probably too much. LOL). I just could not recall all of the individual pages/posts to be able to put them all together.

After I finish getting all caught up to date, I will start scribbling (copy and paste, more likely) notes for reference. Because, ya know, reading through 614 pages the first time just wasn't enough. :p

Edit to add: in regards to Mr. King Kitty (his name is Philbert, or Fur-Burp, because when my youngest was learning to talk, she couldn't say Philbert correctly) and his very royal HIGHness last night. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard as I did watching that cat. It didn't matter where I moved my hands to, he kept following them, licking more. He is more house trained than most, and actually pees in the toilet, but last night, the tottering fool almost fell in. And if that wasn't enough, I opened the fridge. He (and the other 2 cats) heard the cheese plastic crinkle. All 3 came running, the 2 doing their usual whine. But Fur-Burp was practically screeching his meow was so loud. Kind Kitty got the munchies. LMAO!

• Like Like x 2
  16. I swear, one of these days, I will actually remember everything that I want to post, and get it into 1 message instead of 5 or 6 in a row.

In regards to variables in our materials: my sponsors are hopefully going to get me some roots this weekend (or next). No matter what I say to them, I cannot convince them that it's okay to use the yellowed fan leaves from the end of the harvest, so I have given up on asking. I'm just going to get a screen/basket or some sort to hang in the drying portion of my grow room and start tossing all of the leaves in there from pruning, etc., and basically just wait until mid-December when my first harvest is ready.

Anyhow, the location from which the roots are coming has had a continuous issue with some white mold. It would appear that this specific grower either did not realize that you could treat and eliminate it, or just chose not to do so. Either way, I want to make sure that this does not contaminate the final product. Is there something I can do to reduce this risk?

Hopefully, that is the last of my current load of questions/comments. My shower is calling my name, as it hit 78 outside today, which put it an estimated 100 working in the weld cells tonight. To be blunt, I stink worse than a skunk right now, and even the dogs are looking at me funny. Will return to reading after I sweeten the air a bit.

17. There shouldn't be any problem with the roots. Just be sure they're clean and very dry. If they were in soil then you can smell root rot that might make them undesirable. They get scrubbed pretty well and as long as you dry them they should be good. Coconut oil and the other oils and Shea butter are anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and a couple of other "anti-'s" that help. :)

• Like Like x 4
  18. One Of the best pain rubs I have used if not The BEST!
    I share it with all my family and they all agree [​IMG]
    it is Good Stuff

• Like Like x 5