Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Anyone here ever try making infused body wash/shampoo/conditioner? Ive been doing research and its very easy to make your own plus its way better for your body. Most store bought products=Bad. We just need liquid Castile soap, that i cant find anywhere locally, not even the kind for bar soap:( Just wondering if using roots would work or if better off using sugar leaves/flowers? Were gonna do some experiments tho and the woman is very interested in the benefits for her hair, of course. Now i got her attention; satisfied;

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  2. Hey all
    Stiggy here with a question for the group
    I have been using tinctures daily and I have noticed my finger and toe nails are growing faster and stronger than ever before.
    Could this be due to the tincture?

• Like Like x 2
  3. I guess anything is possible, Stiggy. I've never heard anything about that in particular. Nail growth is an indicator of your overall health so maybe it means that you're getting healthier thanks to the GD. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 6
  4. O
    OK Thanks
    My Nails have gotten so hard I can hardly cut them anymore (thick) and healthy for sure
    My fingernails could be weapons if I wanted, Im cutting them every week
    just thought it might have some type of coalition to the Dragon or cannabis in general

• Like Like x 4
  5. Morning Sam....got a question for ya. The fellow we talked about who's fighting bone cancer is up to 1.5 gms a day of his oil caps. It's a 80/7 mix. He's doing a great job of taking it. That's a very heavy dose. It'll be another couple weeks before he gets a new scan. Takes chemo once a week. My question is about boosting his energy some. Fatigue is his biggest issue, which makes sense, but I was wondering if a Sativa heavy oil would be of benefit for both the cancer and fatigue? He could maybe mix the two. Sativa days and Indica nights. Hmmm....good title for a song :smiley-rolling-joint:
    H

• Like Like x 2
  6. When I was experimenting with topicals I also looked into shampoos, conditioners and shaving creams. I didn't follow through on them because I just couldn't see how cannabis would make them better but it could definitely make a difference to the scalp with a shampoo/conditioner.

You're going to want Dr. Bronner's Castile soap. It seems to be the one that's available the most. I just checked Target and they have it on the shelf. I think Walmart also carries some castile soap as does Walgreen's and CVS. "Castile" isn't a brand, it's a category of soap that uses olive oil instead of animal fat. Dr. Bronner's, Kirk's, Dr. Woods. Watkins and other companies make it. Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

I recommend the upper plant oils instead of the root although a mix might be good. The root has a tendency to dry out the skin and that's not necessarily a good thing for the scalp.

Here's the shaving cream I was going to make.using infused coconut oil. I never made it because I shave as little as possible, once a week, so it would have gone to waste. You may want to give it a try since you're in an experimental mode. How to Make Silky, Fluffy, Chemical-Free Shaving Cream :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. #11787 PsychedelicSam, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    Put a country-western beat to it or a Jimmy Buffett style and I bet you'd have a chart topper.

I was wondering how he was doing. I would think that a Sativa dominant hybrid would work the best for the daytime use, maybe with a tad of high-CBD tossed in. The THC plays a big role in stopping the cancer and remission so a Sativa should work well. It seems to me that if he's to a point where fatigue is a factor then there must be some improvement and a change of strain blend may be in order. :mellow:

• Like Like x 4
  8. Cool...I'll get on itBolt

:thankyou:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Any strain suggestions?

10. There's a few that should be good, around 60-70% Sativa. If it were me I would try to find some Chemdawg. That would be my first choice for a daytime RSO treating cancer. It is one of the parents of Sour Diesel and OG Kush which makes it part of all the OG and Diesel families.

Everybody who's read the thread knows of my love of Tangerine Dream, not Tangie, and that would be my second choice but any of the others would work just as well. Sour Kush, Strawberry Cough, NYC Diesel, Chocolope, even Girl Scout Cookies. Or you can add a good Haze to anything to combat the fatigue directly.

There are so many choices these days. :blink:

• Like Like x 5
  11. Well, I can for sure say now it was diluted but it must have at least a 50/50 ratio, probably more alcohol, as I don't think she could have walked out of here with that much everclear added to the mix in her system. So far all I can tell from my lucid clear test is not much. I did try more drops as you suggested and I've had more get up and go the last couple days, but that could be from many things, hangover stress from family, my 4 year old turning 5 (haha but those in the know, know it can be sad.) There is nothing heady at all. The place I'd like to get to is one day while taking a mild prednisone blast about 40mg i think, i took with some oil i'd made with 3/4 grandaddy purple and 1/4 the white. For those few hours I couldn't stop thinking why can't I feel like this all the time, or even occasionally. Obviously not interested in predinsone but think there may be something sativa that could work. I'm going to try to get the trademarked "the clear" stuff and compare it to the lucid brand as they are made by an instate family farm, monkey grass farms who also process cannabis I believe for other smaller places.

12. Hi all again, I'm curious if anyone has ever tried anything like this and might know how it this could work. One of the first things I ever made was brownies with evco extraction and they were too done on the outside, so i wasn't getting consistent results. I took the frozen brownies threw them into my strong blender with a splash of milk and found the best thing I make so far for me. I added a pinch of lecithin (food powder kind) so it thickens my liquid to pudding consistency. If you have never had brownie pudding i seriously suggest you try that deliciousness. Anyway I have often ended up throwing canna oil that doesn't seem strong enough with something with carbs but also protein, like a frozen pbj bar into the blender, when i'm getting little effect and it always seems to up the number of doses, plus it also comes on faster. I'm wondering if the blender maybe puts something into the sugar/carbs that makes it act more rapidly, but i still get some of that longer term oil relief. I know that blenders can break up the oil in vinaigrettes, making them bitter. Thanks all, hope you're all having the sleep you wish.

13. I have the cannabinoid profile for the Lucid clear that they sent me and it's over 88% THC, only 0.56 CBD, no THCA or CBDA, 1.30 CBN. It's basically a Sativa profile and others I've talked with about it all say that it feels like a Sativa. The company says that they fashion it to a Blue Dream-like profile.

If you took 40mg of prednesone then that probably played a large role in what you were feeling that day. I take prednesone every day and have been doing so for 22 years. You must have had some major inflammation to be taking that much. That size of a dose will ramp you right up and the cannabis is probably what helped you tolerate it so well. However, prednesone is a major pain killer and it will make your body feel like Wonder Woman or Supergirl.

Now that we know that you're not going to OD on the stuff, I think that you should take a half ml but not with a high dose of prednesone or at least 10-15 drops. Don't be afraid of it. Was that a full gram you used for it or 1/2? :)

Get some fresh 190 proof if possible or since you're in WA, 151 for the next time.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Disclaimer:

I am not a physician. Check with your own medical professional.

Be careful of the steroids. Too much steroids for my back pain and I had Avascular Necrosis (AVN) of both hips.

I had my first set of hip replacements at 37 years old!

• Like Like x 2
  15. 37 yrs
    Man thats young were you injured or was it just from other causes
    No need to get into details
    Hard to believe Dam Sorry

• Like Like x 3
  16. Finally found it, man that was a pita to find. Of course the target and 2x Walgreens by me didn't have it and cub foods did;weirdly;
    Decided to just make the body wash for now. Infused coconut and almond oil with just .3gs of reclaim. Ideally i was hoping it'd be another way to relieve sore muscles. the more relief the better/any way i can get it.
    I'm gonna wait on making shampoo/conditioner till i do more intensive research and have material i can play with. So far tho I'm sold on natural/not processed body wash its amazing. Your skin feels so more refreshed and not dried out. I passed out within 30 minutes after the shower because my body was so relaxed. Could be the essential oils playing a big part in that feeling too tho. Shaving cream would is a good idea tho:)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  17. Unfortunately, a lot of people have no choice but to take the corticosteroids. I've been taking it daily for 22 years as an immunosuppressant and started at 100mg and am now at a maintenance dose of 10mg but even that amount has eaten away my cartilage in both knees, probably my hips and shoulders and has caused deterioration to my connective tissue which so far has caused 2 tendon ruptures and maybe another that I haven't had diagnosed yet.

Anything involving immunosuppression, asthma, some thyroid issues and many other ills are greatly helped by the darn stuff. The bad thing about it is that it's safer than the other drugs. And it's cheap. But it really packs on the pounds, too. :(

• Like Like x 1
  18. I've been making my own bar soap for the last 3 years and I swear by it and haven't used any commercial soap since then. It has made a huge difference in my life and I'm not sure that I could function as well without it. When I get up in the morning I can barely move and have a lot of pain but after my shower my pain is greatly reduced and my muscles relaxed enough that I can then do my therapy. That doesn't happen with Dial. I use melt and pour soap but add infused coconut and almond oils to it. I don't know what I would do without it. :)

• Like Like x 7
  19. #11799 sickmanfraud, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    sorry, computer burped.

20. #11800 sickmanfraud, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    sorry