Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Fortunately, we don't get that far along around here but the sentiment remains. The world could use more hugging, for sure. :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. This is when it first happened.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is today. I see swelling or fluid building up around the top of my thumb and knuckle but usually by this time its a full on blister. Infused topical's are awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 5

3. It's good stuff, isn't it? Did it have root oil in it? :huh:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sam
    This morning my 130lb dog ran into the back of the wifes leg
    and almost broke it backwards
    She was in some pain and it was hurting getting worse
    So
    Stiggy grabs his trusty can of Rootin tootin Root creme and applied all around front and back of knee cap
    Within 10 mins she was walking fine and even went for a 1 mile walk right after the 10 mins
    Back Home now and her leg feels much much better.
    Great Stuff for sure

• Like Like x 7
  5. Well not quite a mile LOL
    but before Sam showed me how to make this Outstanding cream I could hardly walk to save my life
    So i am living testimony to the success of the root cream.
    I would thank Sam again but his head would swell so so so big LOL
    Thanks Sam
    [​IMG]
    Go ahead and gloat
    You deserve it Dude.

• Like Like x 2
  6. You're the one who should be proud. It was your creation from start to finish. I was just the teacher. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 4
  7. So I snatched the pebble?
    do I get to burn in the tattoos now?
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for all the help you give here Sam
    you do not get the credit you are worthy of.

• Like Like x 4
  8. There are Dragon tats I do believe
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2

9. One is a tiger, I believe. :)

• Like Like x 4
  10. About strains....I want to mention that my chief supply is largely sativa, and since I had so much trim and popcorn to use for shake, I've incorporated it my tinctures and extractions. I've found that I can tolerate a certain amount of sativa in my GD/honey elixir/dragon oil and not end up with my heart pounding, too wired to sleep. In fact, I think I prefer a blend.

Those of us with limited access to "pure" indices or great OG's can still be experience the medicinal effects of good cannabis tincture without 100% indica strains every night. Or at least I can. It's taken a little trail and error. I'm guessing, of course, but my guess is that for whatever gives me insomnia at 3-4AM, any kind of THC can helps, so long as I keep the dose ultra low....I'm thinking maybe 3-4 mg, but it's a guess. So if I use a preparation with lots of indica one night, the next night I may need only a bit of sativa tincture, which I take a couple of hours before bed. Whatever the reason, it makes sense that THC persists longer than 24 hours and a tiny boost is enough for the next night's sleep. Does this make any sense? Cuz it's what's working for me.

• Like Like x 3
  11. I use Sativas for morning, noon and night most of the time. A good mature Sativa isn't edgy and will put me to sleep quicker at night than an Indica does and I like the head more, too. I use Indicas at night for pain when needed because night is my worse time and Sativas don't work as well for that kind of pain.

I don't have problems waking up and not able to go to back to sleep but I believe that you're probably correct in your thoughts. There have been times when I would wake up then smoke a bowl of Sativa to go back to sleep. That was usually when I went to bed to early. Now I'm up late so I sleep a little later. As long as it's daylight I'll get up. However, I usually have to do more the second night but I seldom use the same medium 2 nights in a row. We're all different. I probably have some tolerance issues that affects me. :)

• Like Like x 4
  12. So you're thinking pain relief is the big difference between sativas and indica? Could be. I'm sure you saw the newspaper articles within the past week about men and women responding differently to grass as far as pain relief goes? It was really a stupid study, judged pain by soaking the hand in ice water. But still, the difference between men and women was clear, so that could be a factor, too. Indicas tend to leave me more hung over, tho that could be dose rather than strain. You are absolutely right about titrating the right dose. That's really my point. I try really hard to take the minimum effective amount and to swap up strain or medium (GD vs honey elixir vs gummy bear). At first I thought I had built up tolerance, but then I got back some testing results that showed THC was much lower than I had assumed in one tincture. Depends on where you are in your trim/popcorn supply as to how much THC you get. I can get 33% or 19%. Different batch of trim, different potency. What interested me was that even with ultra-low dose, I can get great sleep the night after an indica dose.

• Like Like x 4

13. Oh, yes. It's the hangover that I really dislike and why I change things up. Too much Indica at night and I don't need anything for the next day. At those times a little bit of Sativa does make a difference. :mellow:

• Like Like x 2

14. Oh, yes. It's the hangover that I really dislike and why I change things up. Too much Indica at night and I don't need anything for the next day. At those times a little bit of Sativa does make a difference. :mellow:

• Like Like x 3
  15. Once I started using the higher heat and longer time for decarb (240 F for 40 minutes) I found the anxiety from Sativa GD went away. OR you have been here long enough to have seen heard about the tests.

Sam, would an even longer / hotter decarb help the Sativa, or do we risk degrading the other cannabinoids?

BTW, regarding "hangovers", if anyone here has experienced waking up too medicated to function, a high CBD GD or vape can make a big difference.

• Like Like x 4
  16. That's good to know. I've used the 240/40 decarb since I started making GD, so I don't think it eliminates sativa effects. As for a CBD pick-me-up from cannabis hangover, that would be wonderful....if I ever actually encountered a high-CBD strain. I don't smoke, so I need an infusion to use CBD. Admittedly I've only tried 3- White Harlequin, so-called ACDC and now Ringo's Gift. Still waiting on test results for Ringo's Gift. The other two were pretty close to bunk in terms of CBD level in GD. Maybe that minuscule amount of CBD (less than 4%) would be enough. Maybe ethanol extraction is less than optimal for CBD. We'll know more after a bit more testing comes back. I planted a balanced THC:CBD strain this year that's about a month from harvest, so I'll have a small supply to experiment with this fall.

• Like Like x 5
  17. I wouldn't advise anything higher or longer than 240°F for 40 minutes. We've already seen that at that time/temp the cannabinoid values are at their optimum level, closely mimicking the bud profile. As you said, with the full decarb that raciness from the THCA is gone. I did a large dose of my Nepalese Sativa a couple of nights ago by mistake (grabbed the wrong bottle), close to bedtime, and didn't have any problems getting to sleep and it was a large dose.

Part of it, though, depends on the individual. There are those that don't do well on Sativas and they would be the ones that would experience the edge and discomfort. For those of us who've grown up with Sativas it's hard to understand the effects it can have on some folks but I've seen it too many times. New users may fall into that category, too. A lot of the way we each handle the psychoactive effects relates to how long we've been doing it. For me, after 46 years, I'm able to turn the effects any way I want them or completely ignore them. I can be straight if need be and then let the effects return.

The hangover is helped with some high-CBD but it's also helped with some high-THC Sativa, too, and that's my chosen method but these days I don't have the need to take a high enough dosage to get a hangover. A big reason for that is that I don't have the kind of issues that require that kind of treatment and a bigger reason is that I've run out of everything. Fortunately, those are simultaneous events but I'm afraid that's going to change soon and throw things in turmoil again. Oh, well. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  18. Yes grasshopper, that is correct.
    :smoking-hookah:

• Like Like x 4
  19. Unfortunate question, we had a family gathering at my house and I left my everclear 95% in freezer. Found out that an in-law is having alcohol issues and was drinking out of bottles and adding water back at my sister's, I checked mine and it looked about right, used it for the first time to make some quick dragon from some of that clear stuff just to see what it did. I finally got it mixed, had to heat it to dissolve and normally if i put 2 drops under my tongue I run screaming for water, didn't feel so bad today, didn't smell as strong. If it was diluted is there anyway I can tell? would the extra water in the alcohol make it less bioavailble, as so far it seems weak for ratio 1g concentrate to about 30ml ethanol. I haven't really taken much because I don't want to accidently overdo. I do think i may need a sativa but I did have a bad experience I'd hate to repeat. Sorry for the ramble but would love to hear more about people's experience with pain relief.

20. Did you decarb that concentrate before you added the alcohol? Oh, wait.....you said it was the "clear" stuff so that is supposed to be activated already and doesn't need to be decarbed. If it did finally mix then that means that the alcohol isn't all water. Often, if there's water in the alcohol it will separate out if you heat it to evaporate the alcohol and that's easy to tell if there's cannabis in the alcohol. There will be a layer of oil at the bottom and the water above because the alcohol evaporates faster than water.

"Clear" is often 80-90% THC or more which is 800-900mg of THC so you need to be careful but not timid. 2 drops would only have been 2mg at the most so I recommend at least 6 drops on a clean mind. It seems to me that concentrate GD burns less than bud GD but I haven't tested that too much yet. And the less alcohol used or retained, the less burn it seems.

The clear stuff is going to seem a lot like a Sativa because it's mainly THC with smaller concentrations of the other cannabinoids. The thing is not to be afraid of it and just go with the flow. If 6 drops doesn't work, don't do more until another day then increase it by 2 drops. However, if you need pain relief and want to function then a good hybrid might be best for you. It will take time for you figure the best strains for your needs but in the meantime it can be fun finding the right ones. :ey:

• Like Like x 6