Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Well - I'll throw this into the discussion..... I just got done trimming the last grow and one of the strain was Xtra Cherry Pie. I knew this one was going to be interesting, but I had no idea how interesting.... I couldn't find any info on the strain but concluded this --- Cherry Pie is Grandaddy Purple X Durban Poison -- pretty cool in itself. The "Xtra" comes from Cherry Pie X CX4 --- I saw this on the seed bag. All I can say is --- DAMN!!!! This is the best strain I've had next to Harlequin -- maybe even better. It kinda hits you differently every time you smoke it, but it always leaves you with a 'gumby' feeling --- it took away every last pain I had from being hunched over a trimming table for 8 hrs a day ----- instantlly! Tend to get a mix of sativa/cbd and indica/cbd feelings - interchanging every so often. You can definitely still feel the effects in the body (I presume cbd) 8+ hrs after smoking a few hits.

I scored ~zip of popcorn buds that is destined to be made into green dragon --- I think I'm gonna start a decarb run this weekend, followed by a no decarb.

Also scored some Jesse James - I thought this was gonna be a straight up sativa ---- nope! Its a kick you in the ass - spin your head around - and drop you to the ground indica! Nice to finally have a hardcore indica -- two hits and thats the last thing you remember for the night. Got ~2 zips of this for green dragon too.... Its gonna be a buzzed out May.....

• Like Like x 6
  2. I'd hoped that you would chime in here since your experiences and expectations are more in line with today's cannabis culture than my locked in, old school opinions. I don't need help understanding nearly everything cannabis but I just can't wrap my head around the notion that Harlequin and other strains like that are pleasurable. That's a knock on me and not you. I try to keep an open mind and try to learn but the old ways permeate my entire being, making it difficult to grasp those kind of new concepts (to me).

With all this trim that you get and GD principles that you've been exploring have you come to any interesting thoughts? I've heard of Jesse James but never tried it myself.

I've had my second natural decarb 3 month comparison ready and need to get it posted but have had a hard time getting it done. I guess it's time to put up or shut up myself. :wacko:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Tomorrow I will trim up my CBD Critical Cure and hopefully in a week or two I will be able to tell you about the CBD tincture. According to Leafly this strain is 8 percent CBD and 5 percent THC and is an indica-dominant strain that’s said to combine Critical Kush with a ruderalis variety. Inquiring minds want to know..

• Like Like x 3
  4. That's an autoflower strain, isn't it, Dave? :huh:

• Like Like x 3
  5. The CBD Critical Cure I grew was a photoperiod strain Sam. Might be available in auto now though. :confused_2:
    I've run it three times, mostly to get rid of the beans and get some CBD the last two times. Mine came in at 8% CBD, 6% THC btw. It works pretty well in conjunction with a high THC strain, but alone it gives me a headache. That's why I haven't made oil or tincture with it. It does provide a long lasting buzz, just not an open ended one like a good sativa IMO. It's more mellow, but it definitely lasts longer than without it. Great for tempering an anxiety attack too. I'm still using up the tail end of it. The CCM should be ready just in time actually. :love-m3j:
    I've also grown Cannatonic a few times, but I didn't have access to testing then, and I don't know if it even had any CBD. That strain is notorious for being all over the map. It wasn't a favorite, and is finicky IMO.
    The CBD Critical Mass I'm growing now is supposed to be much more stable, running from 1:1 to 2:1 CBD:THC. It also has a lot of other beneficial cannabinoids typically, so it should address multiple issues well. We'll see! It sure is piling on the buds, so I'll have plenty, and I love the way it grows.
    In the meantime, I've learned a lot about all the cannabinoids and terpenes and their interactions through this website for one: The Endocannabinoid System | Project CBD
    Martin Lee's book, Smoke Signals, is extremely educational as well if anyone is interested. I just finished listening to it on cd and I thought it was fantastic. Very educational on all aspects of cannabis history, politics, and medical use, right up to present day. I can't recommend it enough. He is co-founder of Project CBD.
    Another great resource is CBD Crew. What is CBD? | CBD Crew Tons of scientific info and links!
    Have a great weekend!

• Like Like x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Thanks People
    Morning All. Great info

• Like Like x 5
  7. Morning team Sam...

If I may, here is one more link, this time to a short video. It's a few years old, and needs a bit of explanation. It's British, so she calls all new, high THC strains Skunk, and she calls CBD cannabinol. Otherwise it's pretty informative. IMO it highlights why synthetic analogues aren't likely to work very well vs whole plant cannabis. It also demonstrates the importance of CBD as a modulator of the effects of THC. IMO this is why us old dudes still pine for the original strains of the 60's and 70's before all the CBD was bread out of them in favor of high THC. No one knows what the "right" ratio is, and indeed it's probably slightly different for everyone. However, it's importance can't be overlooked, and I believe this is the reason for the high demand for more balanced strains as of late. That's a trend that will continue to grow IMO, even outside of the medical community. An anxiety attack isn't fun for anyone.

What is CBD? | CBD Crew

• Like Like x 5
  8. Sam ..mine was also a photoperiod strain. I got my seeds from the True North Seed Bank out of Canada and they were produced by Barney's. I plan to get my tincture tested when I get it made just so I know what is in it. Hopefully I don't get a headache from it. I probable will just start off with a drop and go from there. As long as I can slowly get rid of the pain meds I will be a happy camper. The great north gave me a white widow freebee so I might just have to try that as well. That will give me three to mix and match with.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Thanks for all the info and resources, mainah. Other than OneE, we don't have a lot of real life experiences included in the thread so anything you or others can add to our conversation is vital for us to stay relevant. I'm thinking about adding a reference section in the Index and these links you've provided would be a good place to start. :)

• Like Like x 6
  10. I always thought if cannabis had any ruderales in it that it would be an auto. Shows what I know. White Widow is really an ideal medical strain and isn't supposed to be problematic at all to grow. I'd say go for it. :)

• Like Like x 5
  11. I didn't make CBD oil, but I did make a moderate-CBD tincture using White Harlequin. The analysis at the dispensary was roughly equal THC/CBD, about 10% each. It's been sitting in a dark cupboard for a couple of months, waiting for me to give it a try. I did the usual kief tincture process using 151 Everyclear. Of course with this tincture, you'll never know if CBD is operating for pain relief or if THC is responsible. :wacko: I guess it's time to give it a try midday and see if I can still function. I will say that I think of THC as the pain-killer. Here's a common list of the effects of CBD. 5 Must-Know Facts About Cannabidiol (CBD) I somehow doubt the anti-inflammatory effect would be sufficient to combat pain, but I'll let you know. My arthritis definitely benefits from my indica-dom medibles, promoting both sleep and pain relief.

• Like Like x 5
  12. OldRose..
    Just to toss my own personal take on things.. 3 rounds of colon surgery has left me with a nasty surgical site spasm that feels like a clenched fist in my guts.. Really quite painful when it decides to act up so I do my best to keep it at bay as it were.. I've grown out a high CBD (harlequin) and while I didn't have it tested it was a dispensary supplied strain with a tested card accompanying it so I've assumed it was indeed a true high CBD plant.. Did zip for my needs..
    Either a hybrid or even better a higher sativa side plant seems to do the best job at controlling my particular little issue..
    BNW
    Edit:: My current Blue Dream is the narrowest fingered strain I run and by happy coincidence it does the best job for me.. I was hoping to find another long slender narrow fingered plant in the 30 random beans I fired for summer but so far they all look like fatty stubby little indys..

• Like Like x 6
  13. Well, uncork that baby.

Inflammation can be a huge part of the pain profile and if you can reduce the inflammation then you reduce the pain considerably. Most of my back pain is caused by inflammation and that's the aspect of it that I treat. But like you, I believe that it's the THC that's more responsible for the relief. Hopefully we'll both be surprised and it will work well. :pimp:

• Like Like x 6
  14. We can hope. Having had 4 day's of Toradol injections that didn't come close to touching my pain after orthopedic surgery, I'll take your word for it. Responses to meds are individual, so it may work much better for some than others.

There's another problem. I'm fairly sure that THC remains in the body for a considerable period of time after ingestion, like days to weeks. At least that's what I'm told by a PhD chemist who worked for a year without success trying to produce a cannabis drug test that could detect the difference between someone who was high and someone who has smoked a week earlier. And that's my impression as well: I sleep like a rock for 2 nights after taking my tinctures. So I'm not sure we'll get much of a read on the effect of CBD.

I'll give it a try late this afternoon and report.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Do you use your roots? Make a root oil or cream for that surgical site. I can pretty much guarantee that it will help with the scar, the spasms and the nerve issues that go along with those kinds of surgery. It's been a real benefit for me and those for which I've "prescribed" it. Wonderful stuff.

Blue Dream is probably the best Sativa dominant hybrid for pain. It's hard to find one of those narrow leafed Sativas that works on intense, specific pain and Blue Dream is the best in my book, plus it seems to make everything just peachy-keen with the world. :rave-girl:

• Like Like x 5
  16. I've had positive tests up to 3 months after I last indulged but ordinarily it's about 30 days. My 3 month fail came when I had a lot of fat to store it although it did take them more than one reading to find it. I got a better job and passed the test for that one a couple of days later. :wacko:

• Like Like x 4
  17. Very good facts ..I did not know CBD also appears to counteract the sleep-inducing effects of THC, which may explain why some strains of cannabis are known to increase alertness.
    I harvested my Critical Cure and got quit a bit but realized that I should have spent a lot more time training the plant but I will chock that up as a noobie and a good learning curve. I did have one really huge bud that cheech and chong would be proud to roll. Hopefully the next go will produce more like that. I collected all my leaves and have them in the freezer for use later this week and started two more CC seeds. Tomorrow will be the Northern Light. This is so much fun you would think they would make this part of the olympic games.

• Like Like x 4
  18. #9679 PsychedelicSam, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    Alright, folks. By popular demand......
    Green Dragon Tutorial Start to Finish

It speaks for itself along with a few hiccups as usual. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 15
  19. LOOKS GREAT SAM
    I wonder would the filter flask have worked better if you used the coffee filter in the funnel along with the round filter supplied
    The coffee filter would cup up around the bottom edges where the cut round one could be letting particles through along the sides.

• Like Like x 2