Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Here are a few pics I took this morning of my little grow. I decided to use CFL lights because they are cooler and what I read are perfect for a small grow tent. I had to put the air filter on the bottom and I have 6 1/2in holes at the top that draws fresh air in and that caused a negative pressure. No smell no fuss. The plants have been flushed and I guess that is why the leaves are starting to turn yellow. I plan on drying the budds in the "tent" as well. Just put the filter and fan on low and turn the lights off.
    flower.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. #9642 GroBox, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    Quest Nutrition MCT Oil Powder 16 oz (454 grams) Pwdr - Swanson Health Products

I'm thinking it might dissolve it but by adding powdered lecithin it might reconstitute it. Gonna have to look more into how they powder it in the first place, and maybe try some dry runs with just alcohol and the powder to see what happens.

EDIT: Looking into it, one way is to simply add malodextrin, which is what most companies do when making MCT powder, however, the link that I put up advertises no malodextrin, so there must be another way. I also wonder what the saturation point of the MCT powder would be.

3. I don't know, Joker. Alcohol doesn't dissolve many things, like sugar, and if that's the case then it seems that it would be possible to evaporate off the alcohol, leaving the cannabinoids bonded to the MCT powder. Then that would be reconstituted or just added to something dry. Not knowing anything about it makes it hard to say how it would work but infusing sugar shows a powder can be infused.

It's interesting. New things are coming up all the time and if they can be used for cannabis infusion, we'll find a way to do it. :ey:

• Like Like x 3
  4. I'm thinking it would reconstitute into a powder, because whatever is used to encapsulate the oil in the first place (corn fiber/lecithin) would still be in the solution, and would encapsulate the oil again as the alcohol evaporates. I think adding a little more lecithin might solve any problems if any did occur, as some of the lecithin could possibly get damaged in the process, or even absorb some of the alcohol. I'd definitely like to try it because a powder could be added to virtually anything very easily, especially drinks without the problems of emulsification that oil has.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ran into this, check it out. I'm not sure how completely it extracts, but they do use 4 runs rather than two, and it is a very clean extract. Sam, I recently ran into problems of my own buying KleenXtract, my hydroponic shop had to stop selling it due to legal reasons. Have you found any solutions to this?

6. She's looking pretty nice there, Dave. It's common for the leaves to start dying off in the last few weeks of flowering as the plant starts prioritizing and finalizing bud formations. I used CFL bulbs when I did my closet grows and I had no complaints and good results. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  7. It reminds me a lot of powdered buttermilk or powdered milk or other protein powders. It doesn't say from where the MCT's are derived, whether from palm oils like the liquid with which most of us are acquainted but it should be noted by folks with dairy issues that the Sodium Caseinate is derived from dairy products. Other than that, the only thing that does concern me about it would be the lecithin, the corn fiber and the flow agent. I know that lecithin granules will soak up all the alcohol but not sure how it would be when included with this. The only way to tell is to try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained" is one of my primary principles of life. :sneaky:

That's pretty much an adaptation of the process I use but the dry ice allows for quicker processing. That made a beautiful product. That's due to the KleenXtract. The GD I made from the stuff was the best that I've ever made for both potency and beauty. No green, just a beautiful amber. I started trying to get some more in the fall and couldn't find it anywhere anymore and pretty much completely off the web.

When I was searching online I did run across another 200 proof ethanol that was being used for extractions but it was only sold locally and I can't remember what state that was right now. The problem with that one is that I could not find anything in the specs that said "food grade" and for me that's important. That may not be as important in concentrate because you can purge the drying agent but wouldn't be able to do that with GD. :)

If you find something I would be interested.

• Like Like x 4
  8. I've made some cards that I plan to take to the local dispensaries and leave for distribution with the other brochure and marketing displays. It's not a business card really but is a promotional tool, I suppose, for what that's worth. I've inserted the card in my signature so if you've got a moment, check it out. :ey:

• Like Like x 6
  9. Looks Good Sam

• Like Like x 3
  10. Did you make the video yet?

11. Yeah, finished making it yesterday but still have to edit it. :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Very Cool
    Hope it came out good for you
    I look forward to seeing it

13. Hi Sam and friends
    I have a new question, Have you ever made a CBD Oil to be taken as a oral daily dose for pain relief
    Does it work?
    How would one go about making there own
    Could fan leaves be used?
    Thanks , Opening new doors......................
    Stiggy

• Like Like x 2
  14. I believe you would need to start with CBD plant material (or hemp, where most CBD oil on the market comes from) before you could make a straight CBD oil.

• Like Like x 3
  15. I have three high CBD plants in flower right now with just that in mind. The oil is 3-4 months away though at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I believe Sam has often spoke of the Fan leaves being high in CBDs I was hoping to go along those routes

• Like Like x 1
  17. Isn't that how rick Simpson oil made?

Kevieboys family adventure grow

18. You remember wrong, Stiggy. I've done nothing with high CBD except for that one Harlequin tincture I made and it turned out not to be high CBD after all. As Jojo mentioned, you'd need a high CBD strain/hemp for that kind of product. We did temp/time comparisons for the decarb analysis but that was it pretty much for actual hands on experience.

Sorry. :notworthy:

• Like Like x 2
  19. That sucks
    Thanks
    I thought I was on to something Dam

• Like Like x 1
  20. You can make a high CBD RSO but you would still need a high CBD strain. You can make an inactive product that has THCA instead of THC. It retains the CBDA/CBD which would have more of a footprint in the overall profile but the high THCA could cause anxiety and panic attacks in some people.

I'm hoping that mainah and the others here that are growing high CBD plants will fill in the holes in our knowledge base on this subject. I'm more than willing to be the student instead of the teacher for this one. :)

• Like Like x 5