Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. So how did the chocolates turn out?
    and little smile time , Morning All...................
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. 777madmax, my experiences w reclaim have been jaw dropping(in excitement). I usually have to warm up my everclear on a hot plate than i soak my honey hole in a jar w the ec. I usually have to agitate it a little by swirling it around. Honestly i haven't found it to be that hard to get the reclaim back but i don't have a full rig and even then i would just warm up the ec and pour it in your rig cover all holes and shake aggressively. If theres still stuff stuck to the walls it could just be contaminates bc of dirty/not well filtered oil. I usually find i have to do a complete cleaning of the pieces ince i extract the reclaim. then i usually just use as is or put in coconut oil and lecithin.
    Psam, i also was curious on if reclaim is completely decarbed after seeing actual results from your abv. So i evaporated my last extraction of reclaim and threw it on my hotplate(the best way ive found to decarb bho/oil on cuz its a lower temp for longer not risking losing those precious terps and you can watch it the whole time.). Im in a mmj state but its a joke! seriously, the conditions you need to even get a card are very rare conditions or terminally ill cancer patients with a total of 5 conditions in all(2-3 are terminally ill cancer related) and no flowers are allowed only oil n tinctures. So i cant get anything lab tested yet so cant completely guarantee it was 100% decarbed but i did a little test and put the reclaim on my hotplate for an hour to make sure. It didn't bubble once, so i safely assumed it was completely decarbed:) but i defiantly could be wrong once someone can test in the future.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Psam your tinctures are insane. Took one full dropper of chemdog shatter and i thought i responded to a recent post but now i dont even know what i responded too; gone!

• Like Like x 3
  4. The white chocolate seems to have turned out well. I'm working on the video for it. Today I may make the fudge. :yummy:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Sweet
    take very good care yourself I see LOL
    Hope it turns out Delicious

6. I took in the 4 month sample of the Dark Star Genesis project and should have the results tomorrow sometime. This will be the last of the Dark Star and in a couple of weeks we'll get the results from the Pakistani Chitral Kush project's 3 month mark. I have been using the Dark Star since the 3 month mark and it is working well. I expect it to be at least 90% converted which is good enough for me. :)

By the way, the white chocolate video will be up shortly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I am down to the last 3 or 4 weeks before I harvest and start to make the tinctures. I decided to try my hand and clone 2 from my Critical Cure. I will be in it for the long haul so I might as well start another two. After reading about all the chocolates brownies and the fudge I can see myself using it up fast. There is just so many good things that plant can be used for. I tried to cut back on my pain meds this week but after 8 years on them I decided I better wait till I get a tincture made up to help with the pain. Looking forward to the video Sam....like Homer Simpson says.....MMMMMMM Chocolate

• Like Like x 1
  8. #9468 PsychedelicSam, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    Infused White Chocolate from Scratch

Well, as is the P'Sam tradition, here is my guide for making white chocolate from scratch which was made on the maiden journey and for whatever it's worth. I will admit to only having made white chocolate from scratch once a couple of weeks ago and it was okay but was lacking as a munchie. I had never made anything other than topicals with cocoa butter and didn't really know what to expect. There's not a lot of tips for using it or visual clues. a lot of the butter had risen to the top. It was okay but nothing to write home about. It worked well in the fudge I made and that's what I was trying to do.

As usual, my edibles aren't real pretty due to a lack of fine motor skills, equipment and practice but they work really well and that's what counts, heh? I'm making this because I had bought a pound of food grade cocoa butter for $25 and didn't want to use it for topicals but I did want to use it since it cost so much. You know, there's not a lot of simple things to use it for and white chocolate was the only easy one that I could maybe do.

I'm not a big white chocolate fan except as a novelty but I do like fudge and vanilla almond fudge is really nice for a more elite dessert. I made a half recipe and will link that recipe at the bottom of the post. Other than the concentrate infusion everything is the same and you should have the benefit of the commentary there as well. As with all things, I'm just showing it can be done and hope for others to take it from there and refine it for themselves and others.

This infused batch has actually turned out better than the virgin version. I heated it long enough to incorporate everything into the fudge and it tastes like cannabis flowers, the same as the fragrance the bho gave off while decarbing, even over the vanilla.

BHO is very easy to use and because it's becoming more available, I plan to make a couple of other things and videos. The guides aren't really about the stuff I make but more a visual guide on how to use and adapt concentrates to whichever thing you want to infuse. A gram of concentrate averages about 700mg of cannabinoids and an ounce of GD made to a 4g/oz ratio, like mine, has about 450mg which is then transferred to the medium with heat. Concentrates allow you to avoid the tedium of making the GD and then the transfer.

I'll have the fudge soon. :)

How to Make White Chocolate: Home Made Sweet Treats

• Like Like x 4
  9. So glad the white chocolate turned out for ya, they look so good! Im hooked on this thread n all its goodies. I cant wait to see those next results.
    I brought half my tinc i made to try for everyone at work made out of bho following your video. I was dropping full droppers in their drinks and 30-45 mins later they were all like, "whaaaat, whaat is that stuff!"
    Dave the bud: i am on pain med awareness now, i call it lol. Cuz pain meds are no joke. Im also kinda in your situation but trying to ween off as i only got 3 more months left till completely done. Honestly it sucks! The whole process! The tinc's have helped me coop a lot better and also the caps ive found to last longer for me which is good at night time. Your right on waiting bc if i didn't have any tinc's or caps then i never would've made the leap for freedom off these horrible meds. Good luck n keep informed. Would love to know if they help as much for you.

• Like Like x 4
  10. I just got the results from month 4 of the Dark Star project and it is absolutely beautiful and illustrates why a natural decarb is preferred to a heated one. I'll try to get it edited and posted by tomorrow but right now I have some fudge to make. :ey:

• Like Like x 4
  11. Cloning is a great way to keep your garden growing and takes away a lot of the guesswork that comes from seed germination and you already know the genetics of them.

I definitely recommend waiting before you try to cut back on those meds. There's no need to suffer needlessly which you will do without a substitute. Cannabis has allowed me to go from a hefty dose down to once every couple of months for those really bad times and those are very rare these days. Just take it slow and easy. :)

I trust that those co-workers were aware of your actions. Must have been a fun day. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 5
  12. #9472 PsychedelicSam, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    I'm afraid that I have to report that the fudge turned out......fantastic!!!

More later. Right now I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it. Mazar Kush and Vietnamese Black....Whoo!

greenstars (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 6
  13. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  14. #9474 STIGGY, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    Now imagine you have some money to burn

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 4
  15. I got tired of waiting for the crop to finish so I was given a bit of afgan goo. I had a really small bowl last night and wow. I definitely not a thc fan. I'm just not into the stoned aspect of the weed. I can see making all my tinctures out of the CBD Crititcal Cure for the daytime and play with the Northern Lights to make an edible that will kick in at night when I am asleep. Nothing like going to bed with a brownie in the mouth. I saw the recipe for "Jolly Rancher" and was wondering if just adding a small amount of the CBD tincture to them if you could get by sucking on a few of them during the day and be not have any high effect.

16. I don't see why not, Dave. That's how I make mine. In the early guide here I used other things but I've discovered GD works really well. The "ranchers" should retain the same properties as the tincture whether active or not. And hard candy is a great way to dose because it's a sublingual absorption and the effects come on pretty quickly for fast relief

I can see how Afgoo may have been a bit much for someone like you. Your Northern Lights should be about the same so maybe reserve that for night time and heavy pain although you will get acclimated to the effects before long. :mellow:

17. Infused
    Vanilla Almond Fudge

Ingredients

1 cup of white chocolate chips or 6 oz slab broken up
    1/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk
    3/4 cup of coarsely chopped toasted slivered almonds
    2 tsp vanilla
    1g decarbed shatter/concentrate

Directions

Place your white chocolate in a thick saucepan along with the sweetened condensed milk over low heat until it's fully melted and the mixture is smooth.

Have your decarbed shatter warmed and fluid. Once your mixture is smooth, take it off the heat and mix in your concentrate, stirring well. Your mixture should not be too hot to degrade the cannabinoids since chocolate doesn't get close to 260° but if you have an IR thermometer, you can check it.

Now add the vanilla and the almonds and mix it all up.

Line a mold or pan with aluminum foil then pour your fudge mixture into the prepared mold and place it in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set up.

For this guide I infused the white chocolate at the time that I made it from scratch but I imagine most folks would use commercial chips instead. As long as your concentrate is decarbed and fluid you can put it in at any time during the process.

This recipe makes about 20 servings with 35mg per serving. This can easily be done with chocolate fudge as well. :)

• Like Like x 3
  18. Is the Dark Star project 4 month mark results ready to be posted yet? :jump:

19. Bud,

Archie Bunker (look it up) was known to say that "patience is a virgin"

• Like Like x 1