Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. HI Sam: A question about making a topical salve starting with GD. If I plan to make a salve only, is there any need to decarb the weed first? As far as the soak time goes... again if I am making only a salve with the product, would you recommend a longer soaking time to draw more chlorophyll and waxes into the GD? Wouldn't you want that for a salve?

• Like Like x 1
  2. CBD and the other non-THC compounds are "agonists", not antagonists. A lot of people use the words interchangeably but they are actually opposites. "Antagonist" is the antonym for "agonist", not a synonym and your thoughts are correct. It actually does "compliment" the thc and influences the overall effects. The definition of "agonist" for this occasion is this: "4. a chemical substance capable of activating a receptor to induce a full or partial pharmacological response."

It's going to depend on the cause of the "green out". A real green out is often caused by too much plant material in the product, or chlorophyll, and there's not too much to do about it other than ride it out. However, a too large of a dose type of experience that has anxiety, panic attacks, hyperactivity and that sort of thing can be helped with a high cbd strain. It will pull folks off the edge. I've tried the concept and it does definitely level things out quickly. :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. I would at least partially decarb your topical material. While thca does have good properties of its own for topicals, thc has more. The partial decarb will also increase the other cannabinoids that are beneficial in topicals. It also depends on how old the material is. There's a lot of variables but let me say this, whether decarbed or not my topicals have always worked well.

No need for a longer soak. You'll get plenty of that other stuff in the normal process. :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. A lot of people who live in states that don't sell 190 ethanol often do get it in another state. There's 11 states that outlaw it so you either have to make a trip or order it online from someplace. If you have a grow store near you, they may have KleenXtract 200 proof that is food safe. I was going to provide a link but I can't find any that are still valid.

Good luck with that. :wacko:

• Like Like x 4
  5. Ah there's a specialized purpose kind? ^ ^ Thanks!

6. #9327 sickmanfraud, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    Sam,

Have you tried out the dragon filter yet?

Anything you want to share?

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Dragon Filter ................................
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  8. No, not yet. I don't have any money for material but I am looking forward to using it. :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. SMF,

I would just like to support what Sam said about this. I use a high CBD strain to offset anxiety that I get sometimes when I get too much THC at once. As high as my tolerance is, it still happens sometimes. One bowl of high CBD and I'm back on course in 10-15 minutes usually.

An interesting side note about this, for me at least, the only way I seem to get anxiety is through inhalation. I can take a wicked dose of oil or tincture and normally just end up asleep. Adding the vapor on top is what gets me, but everyone is different.

• Like Like x 4
  10. On another note, I have just made a practice version of vanilla almond fudge without infusion to see what would be involved. I made it from scratch, first the white chocolate and then the fudge. It turned out great so now I'm going to make a "special" one.

I used food grade cocoa butter with the purpose of how best to infuse the fudge. I wasn't seeing it when I made the white chocolate but it came to me later. I had been worried about the heat from a solvent transfer to the cocoa butter but I didn't want to add it as coconut oil in the fudge as is the usual means. That makes the chocolate or fudge real soft and it melts easily so I was looking for a different alternative.

That alternative is going to be BHO. There was a sale on and I was able to pick some up. I'll decarb it then infuse my cocoa butter. I plan on making a video of the whole thing, too.

Stay tuned. :yummy:

• Like Like x 7
  11. Im like this too

• Like Like x 4
  12. SO.................................
    How did the White fudge turn out

13. I see that Death Valley is Having a Super Bloom this year
    pretty
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  14. The "virgin" version is delicious but I won't get a chance to do the infused version for a couple of weeks. I'm cheating a little on my diet with it but being responsible. It's hard not to just gobble it down. I've been trying for years now to get a fudge that won't melt or need refrigeration and I've finally done it so now I have to carry that over to the infused version. We'll see. :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Don't ya
    just love it when a plan comes together

• Like Like x 5
  16. #9338 Buddwiser88, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    Hey Sam, did that results from the lab for the 3 month natural decarb ever come in? If not not mistaken you said it would be done by the first week of March so it should be done.

17. That looks delicious!!!

乀_(ツ)_

• Like Like x 3
  18. You've been asleep at the wheel, Budd. Here you go: :)
    Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

• Like Like x 2