Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. @Tokintb12 , can you tell me the dosage of your Thunderstruck chocolates? I'm wondering what dose of CBD/THC to aim for in sleep med.

2. Best guesstimate is 25-50mg of cannabinoids
    The breakdown may be 10mg THC/15mg CBD
    This is pure conjecture on my part
    We need at home testing that is reliable

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. #26503 Tokintb12, May 15, 2023
    Last edited: May 15, 2023
    IMG_20230515_093540.jpg Thunder struck cold ethanol extraction

IMG_20230515_090202.jpg IMG_20230515_091107.jpg IMG_20230515_091100.jpg IMG_20230515_091818.jpg IMG_20230515_091824.jpg IMG_20230515_092623.jpg IMG_20230515_093540.jpg IMG_20230515_102031.jpg IMG_20230515_102331.jpg IMG_20230515_102610.jpg IMG_20230515_103538.jpg

Disjointed emergency chocolates
    Remember to check the temps of the water you are jumping into this time of year
    You may break your ankle trying to get out quickly before hypothermia sets in
    That is all

• Like Like x 2
  4. IMG_20230515_111210.jpg IMG_20230515_111434.jpg

90mg a chocolate
    Should have used more chocolate

• Like Like x 1
  5. Decarbing CBD concentrate- anybody have any advice? I have a Nova Decarboxylator or can use oven or stove top hot oil decarb. I'm attempting to make some CBD:THC sleep aids and have some CBD wax to decarb.
    I did a forum search and couldn't find an answer. 85% of the links were to this thread from @PsychedelicSam 's work on decarb so I thought I would ask here.

6. Would love to hear that story!
    What strains did you use for your emergency chocolates?

7. https://ardentcannabis.com/2019/05/31/easy-cbd-decarb-and-infusion/

If you own the nova no point in taking a chance
    Would like to start to focus on decarb, different methods etc
    At home testing of tincture is another

• Like Like x 1
  8. I get loose details as my products go through a pro for quality control
    These chocolates have a 1:1 ratio of thc/cbd the thunder struck is 1:1.2
    THC is more prominent for pain relief in this ratio
    These were decarbed in the FX on the regular setting and not the CBD setting
    The regular setting gives the best decarb of the two main cannabinoids
    Rabbit hole that I won't try to explain

• Like Like x 1
  9. I got so good results I must share it with you guys:

Made another RxCE today - just 10 grams of shake. The final decarbed oil, I diluted with 30ml grain alcohol and bottled up. I don’t know - is it the nee decarbing method or maybe because this time I really took shot of water and squeezed a dropper in it before ingesting, but I am smashed like potato right now. I took one and half dropper - the half dropper was just sublingual with couple of drops on my finger just to check how sticky it is. I felt the effects almost instantly - like within 10 minutes. This might be not something new to you, but alcohol tincture is really more effective in shot glass of water. Really worth trying it - I am not sure if the new method of making rso and decarbing or winterizing (I never did that before)…but this really gives a huge boost compared to my old tinctures.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. #26510 Joker1121, May 24, 2023
    Last edited: May 24, 2023
    This is all very good to hear. It makes me want to adjust the decarb of my concentrate to see it that's a factor in the increased potency. This also makes me want to buy some bud and check it out but my concentrate skips a step and is so easy I'm lazy.
    As I understand it the main difference in the decarb is 250F and stopping when the bubble character changes and are subsiding ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes - when you evaporate the ethanol at the final step, stir the oil with a fork - you will see it bubbling. At first it will bubble intensively. After a while, you will see small bubbles occurring when you stir. I wait until the oil stop reacting when I stir it with the fork.

• Like Like x 1
  12. #26512 Tokintb12, May 25, 2023
    Last edited: May 25, 2023
    IMG_20230525_124321.jpg IMG_20230525_124329.jpg

Cleaning up some of the material I use to filter tincture
    Want to use this on the iso extraction to get the color out
    Life keeps getting in the way
    Good news for me is that I found blue sky refined RSO
    Bad news it might be 8 hours away
    If you can find them these RSO extractions are perfect for beginners doing their own edibles

IMG_20230525_130922.jpg

Good recovery but I will not know how well the warm ethanol wash did until I use it
    Some celite 545 still present from my earlier uses but was able to separate most of it
    Don't think it will be an issue during the filtering process

https://greentruckfarms.wm.store/?filter[anyCategories][]=edibles

$20 1g refined RSO
    If these are for real there are going to be some happy patients
    Even if its in the 60% for mg it will be very cost effective

Honestly need to take a full day and see what is around me
    Too many people in need....

• Like Like x 2
  13. So yesterday I made another cook. 10 grams of fresh good shake and using the RxCE method.
    as advised by @CHSAdmin I added pinch of salt while distilling to break the emulsion. Doing this will increase the yield so much that will be visually remarkable.
    my initial goal was to make 1 30ml tincture bottle, but I must dilute the final oil with more alcohol as it leaves thin layer of rso on the dish when you stir - I guess this because I reached the maximum saturation point. A little heat can help, but I added additional 10ml of grain alcohol so I got total of 40ml.
    I got 1,4gr of RSO out of the 10 grams I started with. If you use RxCE method, use pinch of salt while distilling - you won’t regret it.
    PS: the dish is 91,55gr.
    IMG_0980.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Salt is a good tool in the kitchen. Salt modifies the hydrogen bonding in water. That's why you can 'Salt-Out' Isopropyl alcohol separating the alcohol from water with just plain table salt.
    Isopropyl is more sensitive and needs less salt. Ethanol isn't affected as much so it requires more salt. So for a rule of thumb, I'm writing this up needing 1 teaspoon of salt (5g) per cup (250ml) of distilled water. This works for both cases, but in reality, Isopropyl only needs 1/4 teaspoon (1.25g) to make this work. First dissolve the salt into distilled water then pour enough into the boiler up to 1/4 inch (6mm) deep.
    After distilling,it's easy to get rid of the salt. Chill to 10c/50f to freeze the oils, then carefully pour out the waste water. Now add 1 cup hot tap water and stir the oils free. Re-chill down to 10c/50f and pour out this water.
    I'm making this optional because some patients cannot have any salt in their diet. This simple salt remediation works well, but it still might leave some behind.
    Note: Do make sure you use Non-Iodine table salt. The iodine will bond to the cannabinoids. Having Iodine in salt might be a U.S. issue, don't know if iodine is added in other countries.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Here in Europe the salt contains iodine as well, so you must check the package to be sure. Iodine free is widely available.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The salt residue in edibles is negligible for most
    Its the vaping that I'm concerned about
    Would skipping the salt step for vape oil be better

There's all kinds of things in these extractions from pesticides to heavy metals so I'm not sure if the salt is even worth mentioning

17. That is true. Once engineer told me salt vaporizes into chlorine gas at the torch temperature of 760c/1400f degrees. Fortunately electric vape devices don't exceed 371c/700f degrees. The problem is when you dab this and expose salt to extreme torch temperature. In dabbing, you normally use the torch to preheat a nail or crystal, then apply the resin to let it boil off. So in reality, if you don't torch the resins directly, you wont have a problem.
    I have an electric vape, but only use it occasionally. I prefer edibles or tinctures as input.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Thanks!
    Posting this info helps to put fears aside
    Its easy to look up the evaporation point of salt but what you read and what actually happens can be two different things due to unforseen circumstance

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. #26519 Tokintb12, Jul 11, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2023

@CHSAdmin your tincture method cleans up nice
    Need to do a large extraction to test its ability to clean up
    I used too much carbon
    The finished oil reduction will be light gold

May combine methods and do some Frankenstein experiments
    Maybe do the decarb on the flower first and then app!y R.I.C.E.
    I have 4 CBD tinctures, 2 THC tincture and a CBG tincture to play with this week
    Sorry this is disjointed, I got dosed
    Use gloves people....or dont:roflmao:

Edit: https://support.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/t/carbon-scrubbing-for-oil-carts/101519/34

Pictures of the finished tincture in my reply on this site
    Video did not pick up the R.I.C.E. tincture much

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. I Really Miss Psychedelic Sam I Been Thinkin Bout Him Lately Alot.

~Toni~

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2