Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. BTW, did you know CBD will negate a THC high? Tell you friends to keep some handy the next time they want to ignore your advice. It will bring them down and save a trip to the hospital. CBD has saved my butt many times while developing this process. Take 2x-3x the amount to push out THC from the CB1 and CB2 receptors.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. @CHSAdmin , don't mean to be a bother, but could you post a fresh link to your extraction process? I've lost it and can't seem to find the right search words.

That's good to know about using CBD to negate an uncomfortable THC high.

3. Cannabis Home Sciences - RxCE Home Page

• Like Like x 2
  4. Okay so you infuse the sugar and you use it for simple syrup. I got all the ingredients and will do it tomorrow.

one last question - what ratio do you use for strong syrup? I mean - how much material to tincture and how much tincture to sugar ? Sorry for the many questions. Your help is appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #26485 Tokintb12, May 13, 2023
    Last edited: May 13, 2023
    You are Not infusing the sugar
    You make the simple syrup first and use the 210S to bind the cannabis oil to the simple syrup
    Pouring the tincture over sugar and letting it evaporate and then using it to make the simple syrup will end up being a disaster

To minimize sugar use I crank 3000-4000 mg into a bottle of syrup
    Usually 50-100mg a teaspoon
    So usually 28 grams of bud or 56 grams of scraps

• Like Like x 1
  6. Do you mean the pure oil (RSO/FECO) or infused coconut oil ?
    And bottle of syrup is 150ml?

• Like Like x 1
  7. I will keep that in mind! This happened to 3-4 friends of mine which don’t smoke frequently - maybe once a month. They took a full dropper instead of 1-2 drops…. It was disaster. But they know not to underestimate it next time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Excuse me for the triple post, just to be sure:

1. Make rso
    2. Follow the simple syrup recipe shared, splitting it into two half’s and following the instructions.

OR
    1. Make rso
    2. Blend with coconutoil
    3. Follow the recipe

sorry once more!

9. No problem
    No coconut oil just the FECO
    Keep everything warm and use the syrup right away after you make it, hotter the better
    Hot syrup helps the infusion process
    Be careful as hot syrup burns badly and adheres to the skin

Message me if you want a walkthrough while you do it
    We can arrange a time

10. Your help is really appreciated!

I made my first try… I think it went well.
    I used 50 grams of shake.
    1 cup of water and 2 cups of sugar for 10 mins at low heat.
    Seperated in two dishes - belendend the first 1 with a tea spoon of 100% xanthan gum (it’s the only one I had at home).
    Blended the second one with rso.
    Blended both together and added additional lecithin to it.

It came out really thick - almost honey like consistency. The taste is beautiful - I didn’t expected it to taste that well even the shake I used was far from premium. I locked out the dishes and I am surely feeling it already.

IMG_0728.jpeg

IMG_0734.jpeg

I see no separation at all - it looks good I guess ?

do you use a bottle for it or just a jar and spoon like honey?

• Like Like x 1
  11. IMG_20230313_150706.jpg IMG_20230313_150404.jpg

What gums did you use?
    If it was just xanthan then the syrups will be thick
    The 210S makes a very fluid syrup

When you go to mix it take whatever liquid you are mixing it into and pour a little into a glass then add the syrup to thin it out
    It will make mixing easier

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. #26492 rpangelov, May 14, 2023
    Last edited: May 14, 2023
    It was just xanthan gun. Can this be an issue ? I am currently taking coffee with tea spoon of it. Lovely taste!

Edit 1: although it doesn’t look like a syrup but more like a warm honey (and it tastes like honey with weed taste), it looks cool. I am waiting for 150ml syrup bottles. It is liquid enough to use it in a bottle, but do you maybe have suggestions how to make it less thick ? Less xanthan gum ? I am not sure I can find 210S here.
    Effects really seems to kick in faster… faster than an edible - I was planning to finish my self with a capsule, but I will skip it. This syrup is really good alternative! And a really effective one. Thank you for your help man!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pick up some gum Arabic if you can
    Use 9 parts xanthan to 1 part gum Arabic (acacia)
    The 210S is 90% xanthan 10% gum Arabic (acacia)

If you ever get into filtering you can remove a lot of the color and taste
    The syrup is very popular with my little circle of patients
    But sugar is not friendly to folks who are sick sometimes so keeping the dosage to a half a teaspoon to a teaspoon is important

• Like Like x 1
  14. Assessment of Orally Administered Δ9-THC When Coadministered With CBD
    Check this study by John Hopkins on massive amounts of CBD (600+) and small doses of THC (20mg).

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  15. Next syrup will contain Arabic gum too for sure. The current syrup is good, but it’s thick. Not an issue tho - I can still use it in a bottle. It dissolves perfectly in coffee. The taste is goooood - I use it instead of sugar - its sweet but you can still taste the buds. Although I used far from premium shake, I didn’t expected a good taste, but it tastes good.
    No doubt about the potency ! Yesterday I licked all the dishes and I got really baked - I was already baked, but about 20 mins after everything was clean I fell a sleep like a baby. This morning I took 1 teaspoon in my coffee - it took again about 20mins and I got very relaxed and chill state - definitely very well baked, but still functional - I don’t even have the urge to ingest more or smoke. It starts acting fast, but I am lucky to say that capsules hit me most of the time within 40 mins. Still this is twice as fast. Effects are very potent, but different compared to the capsules - I don’t want to call the syrup less potent, but it leaves you functional, while the capsules will make me not suitable for work haha!
    I have now about 500ml of syrup so it will take a while before I make the new one as I want to finish the one first - very good product! Thank you a lot for your help :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. @BrassNwood , this study was very interesting. Are you going to give a high CBD/low THC cocktail a try? I think I might, but 600 mg is a LOT of CBD. I don't know, lol. Thanks for posting the study.

17. I don't think its the potency but how the body metabolized the syrup that makes it different
    You are not as sleepy which a lot of folks attribute to potency
    Folks described it as being high enough to function without too much trouble and not needing a smoke/vape for a good chunk of the late morning and afternoon (when most folks use it)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Interesting to say the least. My trials with CBD were short and at far lower ratios like 2 parts CBD to 1 part THC maximum and all it did was block the THC effects leaving me in pain I couldn't stop without resorting to Opiates which I really don't like to do.
    For me a touch of CBD is good as it takes the to sharp edge of pure THC down a notch or two and gives me a more enjoyable ride. To much CBD hogs the receptors blocking out the THC I depend on for pain relief.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Oh, yeah. I forgot you can't afford to go experimenting with huge doses of CBD. A 600 mg dose is impractical anyway except maybe as a one time experiment. I have a 2 ounce bottle of CBD MCT oil I made with CBD isolate that's 2000 mg so 600 mg would be way too much MCT oil. I'd need to make a much more concentrated batch with fresh isolate. I'll just leave it to the researchers. Though I do have some isolate....

I also like bud with a bit of CBD, but our VA dispensaries are hung up on THC. I don't know what my black market stuff is, and I'm not able to grow my own. I do keep a bit of CBD bud and isolate around in case I get uncomfortably high or paranoid. That hasn't happened so far.

• Like Like x 1
  20. There is a need to explore the pro and antagonist relationship between THC and CBD
    The sleep meds made with CBD/THC far outperform the straight CBD meds
    So much going on