Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. What I was thinking was to have a dropper bottle with just oil & lecithin & take a dropper of GD then a dropper of oil so it would only blend in my mouth.

2. You can try that, but you can just shoot the tincture in your coffee or your tea or any drink or ready meal - it will be the same.
    The reason I blended the GD with coconut oil is so I can evaporate the alcohol afterwards in a hot water bath - this evaporates all the alcohol and leaves the RSO in the coconut oil. Once the oil doesn’t boil anymore I add lecithin and use it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. While a cold oil infusion is supposedly possible I never had good luck with it even after weeks of setting blended so I always do a hot stage infusion.
    220 F for 20 minutes is enough.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  4. you can just shoot the tincture in your coffee or your tea or any drink or ready meal - it will be the same.

But that contradicts what you said in your earlier post when I asked about the difference between straight GD & with Coco/L.
    Even though I’m not reducing to RSO, I want see if taking GD & coco/L separately but together in one shot gives different results to just GD on its own i.e. longer lasting etc.
    It’s a minor point really & I’m just bored while waiting for Xmas to be over.

Hope you all have a good one however.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OK that makes sense.

6. I am not sure if alcohol is absorbed differently when swallowed with other drink or food, but oils will get to your liver and will be transformed to 11h-thc instead of d9-thc. Sublingual use of alcohol tincture allows the thc to enter your bloodstream directly so it will pass the liver and will act differently.
    You can for sure give it a try and compare both - I am curious how will take out too. If you post the results, this will be very much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sure, will do.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Never had an issue if I took it straight Vs mixed

easier on the tongue or throat mixed

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have a 300ml bottle with my own made moonshine which I infused with 30ml of GD. It works very well but it’s not my first choice as it’s for special occasions.
    I use the tincture just as it is or use it to infuse oil. Last oil I made turned out very well. Really effective, but I soaked for a little bit too long and it has a little bit chlorophyll taste. About half hour ago I took one dropper and I already start to feel it. The taste isn’t bitter from the chlorophyll but you taste a grassy taste couple of seconds after you take it. I don’t really think it was from the weed (or maybe?), but I did the second wash a little bit too long as I got a phone call and it took longer than expected.

• Like Like x 2
  10. #26330 rpangelov, Dec 29, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    Excuse me for the delay guys, the book is almost done. I expect to post it tomorrow or Saturday. Linking the videos wasn’t a problem, but the pictorial guides were a little bit tricky. Merry Xmas everybody! Merry Xmas Sam!

Edit1: as I got rid of all my computer devices at home and I made the pdf on my mobile device (with keyboard, mouse and screen connected haha), I am not able to test it on another device. Is there some which I can send the pdf to so he can check how the layout is ? If it’s good I will share it here, but I want to be sure there are no mistakes while export.

Thank you in advance.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Excuse me again for the new post.

I attached the PDF on this post.
    This is the information for the Index of PsychedelicSam.
    Thanks to all contributors!

I kept some photos in their original format as the layout didn’t liked huge formats.

Please - if there are any suggestions or critics, please feel free to share it. I don’t bother - I just want to make it perfect - it’s the least what we can do for Sam.

Wish you all happy new year and I wish you all the best! Excuse me for the delay.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. @rpangelov, I haven't read it all yet, but well done, my friend! Thank you! I know Sam would be pleased.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. #26333 rpangelov, Jan 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
    You are kindly welcome. I never got the chance to meet him in real life, but we really had a connection. And with person as him it’s really not hard to build a connection, as he was so humble!
    Nothing to thank me - all credits and thank are for PsychedelicSam - I just collected all the information he already shared and sorted out in the index of his own thread.

I want to thank you all - when I started to get into edibles, I didn’t knew anything. Everything I learned is from Grasscity forums and all of its contributors.

Aside of that I want to post a little review of the alcohol tincture I made last time:
    I used 10grams of buds and made 30ml of tincture. I don’t know how or why, but this tincture seems to be very effective - it won’t give me the psychedelic experience the capsules will do, but within 10mins I was really stoned for the most of the day - just from half dropper which I didn’t expected to hit me like that. And I slept like a baby…

908EE317-4BBB-462D-A05C-45CB3E535C11.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Alcohol Tincture is a soft Delta-9-THC hit as it is absorbed in the oral and stomach tissues and swiftly enters the bloodstream as Delta-9. Hits fast and wears off equally as fast exactly like smoking - vaping does.

Edible Oil takes the slow long way around and is converted in the liver and small intestines by the enzyme CYP2C9 into the far stronger and much longer lasting 11-Hydroxy-THC. This is the stuff Hallucinations are made from. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Extract in olive oil?

I currently take 1ml of pure decarbed extract/oil, and make it up to 10ml with coconut oil. Mix well, then make ten 1ml cannabis infused coconut oil doses.

I've read olive oil can't dissolve as high an extract concentration. Could I follow the same procedure/strength with olive oil, or would that be too much?

Eg. 1ml extract plus 9ml olive oil = ten 1ml doses

Assuming my extract is 50% THC (testing not available here in the UK, so I'm guessing, and I think that's a very low estimate) that'd give around 50mg THC per 1ml dose.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I've tested all the possible cooking oils from Avocado to Safflower and they all hit the same. The only change you'll see is the double length onset time vs Coconut oil.
    [​IMG]
    Using 20% Lecithin to oil volume will up the game substantially.

[​IMG] It doesn't seem like enough Oil to fully wet the 220 Micron dry ice Kief but it does. Just.
    Triple batches shown.
    15 grams of Decarbed Kief
    3 tablespoon Coconut oil (45ml)
    2 teaspoon Lecithin (10ml)
    Heat 220 F (115 C) for 20 minutes
    Freeze (improves mouth feel)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done.

Finished Oil
    Buds 1 drop = 1mg THC
    Kief-Hash 1 drop = 3mg
    Concentrate 1 drop = 6mg

You really only need enough of any type of cooking oil to wet the Decarbed material and make paste. Heat Paste and your done.

Trim = 5% = 50mg of THC per gram
    Buds = 15% = 150mg per Gram
    Kief-Hash = 50% = 500mg of THC per gram
    Concentrates of 90% and higher = 900mg of THC

Use whole numbers and you'll be close enough dosing by the drop or for use in food.
    BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Enough members have or are currently making this recipe and have had it tested so we know we are in the ballpark. Your making a nice highly concentrated Oil already so my only real addition would be 2ml of Lecithin.

[​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. This is all great info thanks!
    I wonder the onset is so much longer?

18. It has to do with the way the Oils are processed by the body. Most Cooking oils need 90 minutes or so in the digestive tract with enzymes from the gall bladder to break them down enough to pass to the Liver where most of the conversion to 11-Hydroxy-THC happens.

Only Coconut oil skips past the stomach and enters the Liver in half the time as Butter and all other cooking oils.
    Point of reference you'll see people touting the benefits of MCT oil. (MCT = Refined Coconut oil at 3x the price) Save your coin and use straight Coconut oil as they work identically.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Very interested in your recipe. I’m new here, hope I can find it when you post it.

20. There is an index in the first post of this thread that gives the link to the recipe. You can also check out @PsychedelicSam 's shorter thread, Dragon Lite- Dragon Lite.....another Tincture Thread.
    Unfortunately @PsychedelicSam died this year and won't be along to give you the recipe.

• Like Like x 1