Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Have you published the instructions for the RSO capsules yet?

Haven't visited in a awhile. I know in the old days you were doing a solvent transfer into coconut oil then capping them after evaporating off the alcohol.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeah, I've always made the "Dragon Oil" instead of reducing all the way down to rso using the transfer. I've made rso when it was needed specifically for something but always preferred the transfer. I've started to have issues with oils over the last few years thanks to liver problems so I haven't made any Dragon oil in a while. That will be the next thing I do so that I can compare that directly with rso for my current medical needs. A lot of people really like the Dragon oil

Have you seen the last guide I posted a couple of weeks ago about the double saturation extraction for making GD or rso? I have started writing out the details going along with the video over in the Dragon Lite thread with the intention of then copying it over here. However, I've just gotten as far as the filtration with the reduction still to go.

I used some 13% bud that yielded 6g of rso and I must say that it works very well at .25g dosing but I still want to compare the Dragon oil against it. Here's the link in Dragon Lite that has the written details up to the reduction. Hopefully I'll get it finished in a day or two then copy it over here. Right now it's rough for me to sit for long at my keyboard so I have to work around that. :)

Dragon Lite.....another Tincture Thread

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Hi guys! I’m back again. Luckily I have nothing to complain. I am back good and well, although lots of people have though time. But people are helping each other and this is nice to see.

It might sound hilarious…but I went to the shop today and there was no oil…in none of the shops. Not even sunflower oil.

But there is no alcohol shortage! So I took 1 bottle grain alcohol and started to make some tincture.
    This time I made a pretty concentrated one… 20 grams of shake to 30ml tincture. I counted the droppers and it equals 44-45 droppers.

I took one with the tea an hour ago…this stuff is potent ! And it hits within minutes.
    It got nice golden color…like whisky - but better!

I will post some photos next days.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Here is how the tincture looks like:
    68F1DF7C-C7F7-4E9D-BACD-954D1C0A068B.jpeg

20 grams of shake to 30ml. It is strong…like really strong! But it’s how I finish my evening - cup of tea with 1 dropper. It tastes perfect!

• Like Like x 4
  5. That's almost radioactive!!!!

Spoiler, his head explodes

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. hahaha! Experimenting with oils and tincture rose my tolerance I guess…but still I think 45 dosages from 20 grams is good. And this was bad shake… I guess 15gr is good weed will produce the same strength…or even better.

I made a hash tincture as well for a friend, but tomorrow I will made a new one - 5grams of hash to 30ml of tincture. Will make some photos as well.

this tinctures are making even the experienced tokers here think twice before they use the dropper haha!

PS: will you just solve the 5grams of hash in 30ml of alcohol and strain it out or will you make 2 washes and evaporate down to 30ml?

• Like Like x 2
  7. I don't use 2 full washes for hash. After the main extraction I'll use a couple of ml to rinse it a little but not much. You can always do it like the oil and leave the hash in it. That can get a little gritty, though. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Well… still I was planning to spoon it out as 30ml is not much and I didn’t want to use coffee filters… but after 30mins of playing I gave it up and leaved all the hash in the tincture. 5gr in 30ml - 1/3 of the bottle will be full of hash, but a single shake will mix it already perfect, so don’t forget to give it a shake before use.

1 full dropper in the coffee gave me pretty intensive trip! It tastes stronger than tincture from bud, but it tastes good! It’s also easier to make as you don’t need to filter or evaporate anything!

it looks indeed like a mud:

BED909B4-5473-4029-8B9E-7D60CB956552.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have to buy another but I use a mesh tea leave ball lined with a piece of cut out coffee filter for small filtering jobs of 60ml or less

WebstaurantStore: Restaurant Supplies & Foodservice Equipment

2195758.jpg

This is a bulk site but they have different kinds and you can track down individual retailers
    Use this mostly for hash tincture

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Do you feel any difference between tincture with the hash powder and tincture without the powder?

The hash tincture I made is very, VERY good! 5gr to 30ml feels like the perfect ratio for me. It has pretty strong taste! 1 dropper in the tea will make your tea taste like hash. You don’t feel or taste the hash powder at all and actually it’s not that much at all. I really enjoy the taste in the tea - nothing can compare to this.
    I tried it once in the coffee but I didn’t enjoyed the taste…except you drink coffee with cinnamon - it’s a common thing here in Europe, but not mine.

Anyway… it works really good! I took one dropper around 7PM and it started to work in like 30-40mins. 5 hours later I’m still stoned. Pretty intensive trip - uplifting, very social, head high so to say it. Once its worked out I can sleep for hours. The tincture I made from shake is more sleepier… once it’s worked out, I can sleep for hours without waking up, even if my alarm goes on…

• Like Like x 4
  11. I tried indeed your method and I f*cked up… I attached the coffee filter after the mash on a really dumb way… but anyway - I discovered that the coffee filter doesn’t absorb that much at all… I cut the unnecessary peace’s out and it is a small filter, but still. As I said - I f*cked up the straining process so I have a little bit of powder in my dropper - not a problem for me.

What I did is: I decarbed additional 5gr of hash and I used the hash tincture I had for this 5gram. The tincture I had was already made from 5gr hash but I leaved the hash powder in. Adding 5grams more (total of 10grams) to 30ml of alcohol - you can still use it with a dropper just how it is, without straining the hash out, just give it a shake before using.

Anyway - I strained most of the powder out. So I made my tincture from 5 to 10gr of hash per 30ml. Pretty concentrated, but still - 30 ml is about 45 full droppers (Yes…counted multiple times), this equals a little more of 0,2gr of hash per dropper. I don’t know how much milligrams or so as this hash is not tested in the lab, but it’s a nice, golden, dry but soft Moroccan hash. It smells really flowery/spicy and it looks pretty fresh. When fired it bubbles pretty well - I’ve seen better but it bubbles a lot. Nice white ash and strong smell of spice…if it wasn’t that sweetly/flowery you will think it is Afghan hash. It wasn’t that expensive so taken all above, it is a mid grade hash for here in the Netherlands - it can better, for sure, but I’ve seen worse too. Moroccan hash is far from the concentrates you have in US, so I expect THC about 18-19%

692E09B8-E0DD-4BC9-AE07-0042358C5C5A.jpeg
    It is softer and stickier than it looks haha!

Tincture: it is concentrated, but once more - it won’t take more than you might use in a joint (or maybe even less), but one dropper gives me such a strong high… It really gives me tunnel visions and a strong head high. Being that wasted I can’t go to work or anything so I limit it only to one dropper night time - same as capsules. I drink it in my tea so it acts like edible… I will test today how sublingual works.

Although it might sound really concentrated (and it is) a 30ml dropper gives me about 45 droppers. If you think like joints you will roll out from the same amount of weed… it equals the same. My mother got wasted from 1/3 of the dropper…so be careful.
    Taste - if you want your tincture to taste good, use good buds. This will improve the taste and will improve the potency, but shake will work just as well - it only might taste a little bit more chlorophyll. If you use hash - taste will be always fine. It really tastes like the hash it self - how it smells, so it tastes. It makes it really perfect finishing touch for your tea - combination with coffee is not my taste although you might like it.
    7FCF4EF0-41DC-4818-BF7F-861CBAAF21E6.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  12. As long as you wet the coffee filter with solvent and follow up with a little fresh ethanol through the filter you can minimize loss
    Usually use an eyedropper or syringe to "wash" the filter

• Like Like x 4
  13. Believe it or not, I have not deserted the ship. I apologize for not being more active but I'm logged in everyday in case something comes up and I'm needed. But mostly I've just been following along and liking the discussions.

I'm hoping to finally get some action going on my neck now that the doctor and insurance are on the same page. For now, though, it still getting harder to lift my head for very long so I still won't be very active for a while.

However, I have not been idle. I have been continuing to work on the inactive medical tincture for viral infections including one with mct oil but that one takes a bit of doing. I've made an inactive GD that I'm going to use as the THCa component for the tincture because THCa isolate is so expensive but the isolate is easier to add to oil that uses no heat which could activate it. I'm going to do a natural solvent transfer, I suppose you'd call it. I'm going to mix the mct oil and the GD and let it natually evaporate just to see how the bonding goes with that. I'm thinking that I'm need some low heat at the end to achieve that but not enough for it to convert to THC.

Anyway, I will have something on that in the coming days but please bear with me. Just_Cuz_06.gif

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. So I made some more tincture for me and couple of friends.

I used the updated version (separate the weed in two badges to preserve alcohol) - nice job @PsychedelicSam !!! It really saves lots of alcohol and it works pretty well!

I used hash and weed to make tincture 10gr of hash to 30ml and 18gr of shake to 30ml. As you can see on the photo, the colour is not really different:
    FDD45D86-8A4E-4D67-BF03-106BF7103709.jpeg

Left - hash tincture and right shake tincture.

I already tested the hash tincture and as I test sublingual I discovered that it works (IMO) with a really small amount of water which I already have in my mouth and I must keep it under my tongue for minimal 1 min. The hash tincture really smacked me within 10minutes.
    The trip was perfect - really “balanced”. Not too intensive to call it bad, but still pretty intensive - dry eyes, dry mouth, tunnel vision, I even feel how the air I breathe out is warmer than the air I breathe in…it sounds stupid, but I couldn’t ignore it haha. I am still impressed by how fast it works.
    Sublingual is really less pleasant than just mixing it with your tea for example - a little bit water helps to mild the burn, which I like, but it tastes better inside your tea.

Later today I will test the shake tincture and will provide you an update.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I guess loving the "Burn" of high proof Alcohol is an acquired taste. :)
    [​IMG]

1/2 gram of Kief. 2 eyedroppers of 190 proof. Work up some spit. Shake the jar and toss it in. Swish the resulting mix all around every surface you can hit for as long as possible.
    Embrace the Burn. The Burn is your friend. Would you like to know more ? :)

BNW

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Dosing and oral hygiene all in one

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. So what do your friends think about the things you've learned here at GC? :huh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. #26038 rpangelov, Apr 11, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    Well none of them had oil or tincture which worked until I gave them. I told them I learned it all here and they were really surprised actually, because this forum is not popular at all in Europe and lots of people are spreading wrong info - like butter and weed cooking for days without any decarb at all. They were surprised at how misinformed the most people are about edibles and tinctures and how “hard” to find the proper information is. Aside of the confusion you get when reading all the information.

I assured them the information here is good and tested. So some of them are actually reading the forum but not participating.

I am going to take shower and after that test the shake tincture.

So it took a while: I was still wasted from the tincture I took earlier, so I will make another one next days. Anyway… I still took one dropper just to keep my self medicated haha. I used very low quality shake for this tincture, so I didn’t expected any surprises, but yet I am surprised. I took it on my tea - it didn’t tasted bad at all! This was my first surprise…even with bad shake, the taste is good! Next tincture I am going to make will be with good quality buds.
    The high is intensive, but the upset is mellow - it doesn’t smack you at once, but it keeps slowly building up. It’s really relaxed, warm, narcotic high - perfect for the evening and you will sleep like a baby.

Next thing I am going to do is natural decarb. I am going to check once more how it must be done.

• Like Like x 2
  19. The natural decarb is very simple since you don't decarb it first. It's made exactly the same way except for that. If it's a hash tinture then it won't need to be reduced but if you're using shake, you'll probably reduce it some. For a natural decarb you would let it reduce naturally without heat.Then just stick it in a dark cupboard for 4 months, sealed. If you want to monitor it personally you can always try it as it cures so you can see just how it changes over that timeframe. 8d9213dd5a803751c624d42cd19ea4573a5c357b.gif

• Like Like x 2
  20. #26040 PsychedelicSam, Apr 16, 2022
    Last edited: May 30, 2022
    Anti-Viral Cannabinoid Tinctures
    THCa, CBDa & CBGa

covid tincture7.jpg
    This is following the same path as my previous posting about the new information concerning the acidic cannabinoids CBDa and CBGa and their potential for treating covid in the early stages. THCa is the other cannabinoid and it's supposed to be the most helpful of the group. However, I was designing that for those who did not want any association with THC. Because these cannabinoids will lose that carboxyl group and become decarbed, having a high dose THCa change to high dose THC could become a problem for some. The others won't cause any psychoactivity but that THC sure will.

In this posting we are going to incorporate THCa into our blend. It is said to be king of the hill in providing the health benefits. Also, medically, it is supposed to be about 10 times more potent than THC so here we're going to try to add THCa to our tincture without activating it and that is going to pose a problem for the MCT oil. I bought some CBDa and CBGa isolates, 10g each, for about $60 and those can just be added to any medium. The THCa isolate is available but it is too expensive for me. So how do I get around that?

I'm going to try something new. I have made an inactive GD with 10g of flower, no decarb, and I am going to try a "natural" solvent transfer by mixing the two then letting the alcohol evaporate with no heat. I don't know what's going to happen when it's fully reduced. Will it bond like that or will I need to give it some heat and how much to preserve that carboxl group? We're going to find out.

We started this line of research a couple of months ago when the news came out about the acidic cannabinoids and their possible effect on Covid-19. CBDa, CBGa and THCa are the cannabinoids being discussed. I was wanting to make this without the THCa for a friend who isn't comfortable with THC isomers. Since the THCa can convert to THC in time and become psychoactive, I thought it best to start without it. The other two, CBDa and CBGa are supposed to be effective for this. Here's that link if you want to review it.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

In that one I used hemp flower that was high in CBDa and CBGa. To get high CBD and CBG it would need to be decarbed. So I made an alcohol tincture without decarb, "inactive". This also would include all the natural terpenes since there is no heat to vaporize them so it's a "natural tincture".

This version will also be "natural" but it will include THCa extracted from flower for an alcohol version and also an oil version, both full spectrum. It will be full spectrum because it's extracted from flower but we're going to cheat a little. The full spectrum will be extracted from the THCa flower but then the CBDa and CBGa will be added as an isolates instead of flower. However, if one does not have access to those, they can always use the high CBD, CBG hemp flower for the same results.

covid tincture5.jpg covid tincture6.jpg

In this post we're going to add THCa to the initial formula of CBDa and CBGa. We extracted it using hemp that was high in CBDa and CBGa and not enough THC isomers to make a difference. We're making this one using an alcohol extraction but it is a standard THC extraction without the decarb so that it's "inactive". Since it was a research project I only used a single wash, I guess you'd call it a "nug run". I didn't reduce it at that point. I had used minimal alcohol and recovered 45ml of inactive very bright green GD from 10g of 13% flower so it should have enough THCa concentration.

covid tincture4.jpg
    So here I have the inactive THCa tincture. I could add the isolates now but this is intended to be a MCT oil tincture so I'm going to wait until I've transferred the GD to 60ml of the oil. And because we want to keep it inactive, we don't want any excessive heat for any period of time. So this is going to naturally evaporate. The "research" in this research project is to determine if a natural solvent transfer is viable. Will it bond? Evenly distributed?

covid tincture3.jpg covid tincture2.jpg covid tincture1.jpg

The image on the right above shows 60ml of mct oil and another 45ml of the inactive GD with the GD sitting on the oil. I let it sit out for 2 days at room temperature until it seemed to all evaporate. There doesn't appear to be any residue left on the side of the beaker.

covid tincture D.jpg
    There hasn't been any heat used up to this point because we're making an inactive oil that contains all the natural terpenes as well as retaining the acid cannabinoids. Heat, even low heat, will release those carboxyl groups given enough time. But I don't know if the cannabinoids left behind from the transfer have bonded or dispersed evenly just from the evaporation so I placed it on my coffee warmer until the oil reached 90°-105°F. I would then take it off for a while and then warm it up again, about 4-5 times. Gently. It never got hot enough for long enough to initiate conversion to THC. Remember, though, that this is still just the inactive THCa extraction. The CBDa and CBGa still need to be added.

Covid Tincture B.jpg covid tincture C.jpg
    Now it's time to finish building our medical tincture. The extraction of the flower provided us with our THCa but there's not enough CBDa and CBGa to matter. We want high percentage of all three of the acid cannabinoids and in order to achieve that I'm going to use isolates for those two. I used one gram of the CBGa and a gram of the CBDa and lost a little there due to my hand shaking.

covid tinctureA.jpg
    I again warmed the tincture to about 90°F since I was trying to dissolve the isolates into it. That's not really very warm and shouldn't cause any conversion. The isolates didn't dissolve very easily at that low temperature but I didn't want to heat it any higher or longer. I then let it sit for a day or so and stirred it occasionally until it all dissolved. This is the finished product.

covidD.jpg
    This tincture needs to be kept refrigerated to inhibit the conversion of those cannabinoids, especially the THCa. While I've made this as an anti-viral agent, it is also supposed to be a heavy anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer agent as well as being a treatment for MS, Parkinson's and other nervous system issues. Since I don't have a fever or other viral symptoms, it's diffiult to try it out to see if it works so I've decided to see how it works as an anti-inflammatory. I have lots of inflammation to try it out on. I have been using it daily in a capsule. I tried to use it sublingually but it was bitter as hell so the capsule was a better way. I expect the bitterness is from the gram each of CBDa and CBGa in just 60ml of oil. It's working real well. Very noticeable.

Just_Cuz_06.gif

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1