Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. I'm an old man and need my beauty rest. I hope you were able to get some sleep. If so, then you should be feeling somewhat better today. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Trim the fat rind off your pork chop after cooking
    Dehydrate it
    Grind in a mortar and pestle
    Add powder to infused syrup
    Pork chop syrup
    Who's going to try it?!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Or bacon. Maybe use bacon grease as your syrup infuser instead of alcohol. It will work with the gums but you'd need to do a solvent transfer to the fat after you got it concentrated enough then add your powdered bacon for additional flavor. :whistle:

• Like Like x 4
  4. I slept the night through with no waking up with pain and a bit hungover. I loved it but care will need to be applied in all future endeavors. :ey:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. #25545 Tokintb12, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    IMG_20211018_200547.jpg IMG_20211018_200554.jpg

This is going to taste good
    One of my better batches
    I can tell from the co!or that it will have most of the cannabis taste removed and be potent as all hell

IMG_20211018_205537.jpg IMG_20211018_205545.jpg

As good as it gets without too much risk
    The video is rough and I cut it off before it completely finished
    Not much useful info other than removing the gunk in the filter which is just using a spoon to push the charcoal and celite into the garbage

Loads of verbal mistakes including butchering Buchner (boo-kner) and celite (see-lite)
    Misspoke in several spots
    A rough video helps me plot out a formal video and usually takes several tries before I get one that may pass

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. It's day 3/4 of recovery from that delta 8 brownie... I still get lightheaded and panic attacks... I actually had one last night and pissed myself. I may skip school and start going online... I'll still work my job though so I can focus on other things... but I don't wanna end up going to school one day having a panic there pissing myself..

7. That's a nice Buchner. Where'd you get that? :huh:

• Like Like x 1
  8. It was a package deal from Joan labs

Prices have gone up significantly
    I think I paid $250 for everything

Dispensary offered me a job

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. #25549 PsychedelicSam, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    Really? That's pretty cool. What would you do there? Getting your foot in the door is the first step. You'll make connections and have access that you wouldn't have otherwise.

And here you thought those many months ago that no one would take you seriously. I never doubted it. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Probably cleaning bathrooms
    Worth it for the employee discount alone

You get fingerprinted and get a federal background check to scrub toilets

The vape carts they use are not mixed with vitamin E acetate (hope I have that right)
    I was told they use terpene oil (essential oil?)
    This particular cartridge I used was instant pain relief
    I thought it was CBD forward but it was equal parts thc/cbd
    High percentage of CBG which is suppose to be good for anti inflammation
    Picked up 3.5g of the flower used and another cart, it is that good

How about getting some discussion around the different strains for pain
    IMG_20211019_153922.jpg
    This is not placebo effect
    This was lift my left arm over my head without wanting to murder someone
    It was nice to sit without pain

Did meet with a representative today to make sure I got the right flower
    They keep their recipes secret but we both know everything they do has been outed on 4200 (love that place)

• Like Like x 2
  11. I'm probably going to see a counselor... honestly the event wasn't probably that tragic but... when the thc mixed in with my anxiety it definitely gave me backlash and gave me thoughts and feelings.... Thanks for yalls help..

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm sorry you experienced that but don't let it get to you. It will happen a lot when you get old. This is just a little hiccup. There's nothing more that I can advise you to do other than start taking CBD now and not later. Gummies or other edibles are better than cartridges in my opinion but others don't share that opinion. It's different for everyone.

Pull up your bootstraps and don't feel sorry for yourself. It's all up to you at this point and no one else can do it for you. Grin and bare it and it will soon go away. Then, remember, be careful what you eat. :wacko:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. I'm not really wanting to go the drugs route... I promised my dad... and he's really the only friend I had growing up... I may try counseling if that dosent work... I may as well admit myself... or some shit

14. Those qualifications have kept me from landing a job in the legal industry. I can normally pass a background check, even from the DEA for a pharmacy job, because it's been over 40 years, long before computer databases but fingerprints are still available somewhere. I sure could teach those dispensary folks a thing or two.

The only cartridges I'll trust are the solventless rosin cartridges. They use those terpenes as the solvent and they use them in their distillates. They're HDT (hemp derived terpenes) and CDT (cannabis derived terpenes) and are safe (usually). You can learn all about them and a lot of other stuff at Fortune4200 as long as you like to read. I've gleaned a lot of knowledge about the behind the scenes processing that goes on.

THC:CBD 1:1 ratios are supposed to be really good for a lot of people for pain but not necessarily for those of us with 50+ years of hardcore usage as well as debilitating pain. The only thing CBD does for me is mess with my buzz. I do use CBD oil for acute symptoms where I need additional help with inflammation but I have to space it out so that my THC still works at peak efficiency. My pain is too severe for CBD to make a dent but THC works wonders.

My favorite strain for pain is Blue Widow, invariably and over the years. To qualify for me the strain has to have deep pain relief but also has a beautiful buzz that allows me to be active at the same time. No couchlock. Another is Purple Candy and it is very rare and has been years since I've seen it. Then you're got Purple Kush, Hindu Kush and Afgani. Most of my best strains are the old school landrace strains. There are a few modern strains that come close but landrace is best in my opinion. Just_Cuz_06.gif

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. CBD is not a drug and it actually helps moderate the actual drug in cannabis. It has been deemed pharmaceutically safe and can be found in clinics and doctor's offices even in non-THC legal states. It's like vitamin C or fish oil. Because it's derived from cannabis doesn't mean that it's a "drug". It's perfectly legal in all 50 states.

If you drink at all then you've already broken your promise. Alcohol is an exponentially worse and and more dangerous drug than cannabis by a long shot. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I haven't drank... I just wanna be better and wanna be sober.... it hurts waking my dad up from my panic attacks... and it hurts me too

17. I understand. I wish you the best. Stay safe at all costs. peace.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. #25558 Tokintb12, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    This is a general statement to anybody working in the dispensary world
    Your community is making a HUGE mistake not employing Sam and his knowledge base
    You are truly throwing money out of the window and settling for mediocrity
    We are outpacing you in innovation and when the process gets scaled down enough you will be on the wrong side
    With the above syrup I could make a sorbet with some mango puree or just leave the syrup and add gelatin to make gummies

IMG_20211019_171031.jpg IMG_20211019_171043.jpg

24 hours in the fridge done and done
    I chose the mango so you can see there is no separation
    As anticipated it was a bit stiff but the mix with room temperature water went much better than I could have hoped for result wise
    Dried fruit powder over the juice reductions, I'm calling it
    Good mix even distribution
    Back in the fridge for everything for a couple of hours
    Club soda?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Looks good to me. Modern Gastronomy here we come! We may be the first cannabis thread to get in depth with this idea. That's in keeping with all the other innovations that have begun here.

I was planning on adding some of your videos to the Index until you deleted them. Now that they're back and for future ones, I'll add them when they're ready but don't...don't...delete anything. Editing is permitted. :mellow:

• Like Like x 4
  20. I'm visiting the doctors soon... I can't control it...