Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Thank you

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. No guarantees, @FurociousMeow, but that's the way I'd approach it. If it works then please comeback and let us know. If it doesn't work, too. Thanks for dropping in with a new thought. Now you've got me curious. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 4
  3. #25463 PsychedelicSam, Oct 10, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    Well, I finished the chocolate syrup a short while ago and added a dose to some milk and it has not disappointed. Plus, this is the third time a syrup dose has been effective this week. Really nice. This is what I've been looking for. More when I can. :hippie:

20211011_120720_resized.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. IMG_20211012_201409.jpg IMG_20211010_142620.jpg IMG_20211007_191541.jpg

In the big jar is some ground flower for extraction
    The next three in the rear are just paper and stainless steel filters
    Up front on the left more paper/stainless, the middle is a fully filtered tincture and on the right is that rosin tincture that I was going to use for lemonade

I was going to use these to shoot an extraction, full filtering and recipe video as well as some smaller recipe videos
    The extraction to infused recipe will be recreation only
    Sorbet, ice cream, candy and if anything is left over maybe a gelatin product
    The compote video already up should give you an idea about pies, cakes, strudels etc
    There's a lot of gummy recipes so I may skip recording it unless it makes an overwhelmingly better product
    A third of the above is marked for beverages
    Ill keep this separate and pm you the results
    Just real rough videos of the process, no need for commentary

IMG_20211012_202800.jpg

Have you ever tried these products
    The top one 1:1 CBD/THC

Really bad pain doing the maintenance on the house and the cartridge seemed to help
    A lot!
    My knee may need to be drained after I bashed it on a concrete wall

• Like Like x 4
  5. Why do they take 1.66g and 1.58g out of your allotment if they're just half gram cartridges? To answer your question, no, I've never tried a 1:1 in any form but I don't use cartridges anyway. I don't trust them although one company here has just brought a live hash rosin cartridge to the market and they are really good...for a cartridge. I'd like just the hash rosin instead of a cartridge but it's all too expensive for my budget.

It sounds like you've got it going there. It is fairly easy to see how to incorporate the syrup into so many things. Having been a cook I have no trouble applying it to a variety of recipes. I've already started that. I've bought a pint freezer ice cream/sorbet maker and have big plans for that.

I really like this syrup. I made some hot chocolate with the chocolate syrup this evening and it is kicking my butt again. I had been having problems with syrup, healthwise, but now that I know about it I can change my diet around that day to accommodate it and it's only a tablespoon. Since I'm not processing oils very well due to the cirrhosis, this is a great way for me to dose.

I have the post on the chocolate syrup almost ready.

Good luck with that knee. In a collision between a concrete wall and a knee, the wall will always win. Trust me on that. :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. #25466 Tokintb12, Oct 13, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    IMG_20211012_204854.jpg

Oww!
    It needs to drained

The way they run the dispensaries around here is comical
    They use the weight of the flower prior to extraction is my guess
    I'm allocated 2 ounces every 10 business days through them
    Go to Maine for most of my product

If you don't trust cartridges they have the flower that was extracted
    Vaping allowed for instant relief
    Always take the placebo effect into consideration but this went beyond that
    It was quick immediate relief

I set aside over 30g to test the CBD setting on the ardent nova
    IMG_20211006_200650.jpg

Here are some pre rolls
    Bought a few of them including the fractal boxes to try different options

Agree it is too expensive but we can grow and do just about anything they can
    The dry drink mixes are just canna-sugar and synthesized flavoring with emulsifiers and other additives
    Want to try a batch of canna-sugar in the convection oven to see how it comes out
    Concentrating fruit flavoring and drying it to powder may be a little involved but it is better than the synthetic

https://www.cupcakeproject.com/how-to-make-fruit-powder-and-why-you-should-bother/

If you couple this with canna-sugar and a binder you could in theory make an infused fruit drink powder
    Of course you could just dump it into infused syrup but the powders may travel better

71PaH5YNT9L._SX679_.jpg

Going to order this to flavor a syrup
    I use a tablespoon of flavored infused syrup to 2 tablespoons of maple/pancake syrup
    Use to flavor with reduced juice from juice boxes to keep it to ingredients on hand but we are past all of that
    The price made me hesitate

• Like Like x 3
  7. chocolate5.gif
    Easy Chocolate Syrup using the infused 210S syrup

I had about 4oz of syrup left and I decided to use it all to make some infused chocolate syrup. It's really quite simple. Just the syrup, dutch/alkali cocoa, vanilla and a dash of salt.

First, because it was so thick coming out of the refrigerator, I had to warm it up to work with it and then I transferred it to the mixing cup. chocolate1.gif

So far so good. Now I added the vanilla. I didn't measure but it was around a teaspoon for the four ounces of syrup.
    chocolate2.gif

I added the dash of salt and then added a heaping teaspoon of cocoa. chocolate4.gif

Now I'm ready to mix it up but first I want to stir the cocoa into the syrup so that it doesn't blow all over the place when I put the immersion blender in it. chocolate3.gif It took about 5 minutes to get it all mixed up and smooth.

I then put a tablespoon in a glass of milk plus cleaned the mixing tools. The milk was cold and it did take quite a while to get it fully mixed but I did it. Because of the volume of cocoa the potency is going to be less than the original 210 syrup. But it still worked like a charm.

dragon.gif

• Like Like x 4
  8. does anyone own the exact craft machine? I am considering purchasing one but already own the iso3 and while that isn't the most spectacular machine it does what it is supposed to do but not very efficiently.
    I am wondering if the exact craft makes a better finished product? I'm sure it is easier to use but just wondering about the final product. Interested in making tinctures and cbd oil

• Like Like x 1
  9. Do you mean the Source Turbo? @Jay_R_1787 has one and was posting about it a few pages back. He seems to like it. I've been meaning to ask him a couple of questions about it but keep spacing out. You do realize that it is not an extractor, don't you? You need to do that yourself before you use the Source to concentrate it. He was making some rso with it. I'm not sure you can use it for oil but you can make CBD rso then use that for your oil. It will get all the alcohol out of it and reclaim that probably better than the ISO-3. You'll also retain more terpenes since you'll use less heat with the vacuum. You could still extract with the ISO-3 then reduce it to rso or tincture a lot quicker with the Source.

I've known a few people over the years who have had them and put them through heavy use. A friend offered me his old one last year because he was getting the newer, bigger one but I had to pass on it since I no longer have the resources to make use of it. It would be nice if it decarbed like the ISO-3 does however many of the products it is used for, except for rso, don't need to be decarbed. Plus, I hear that it can be pretty loud which might not go over so well in my senior community. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
  10. A note on the syrup. Because I used 2g of shatter with just 6oz of syrup, the unflavored final product tasted heavily of shatter. Not a bad taste, though, if you like the taste of cannabis (not chlorophyll). I liked it but it was dominant. I don't expect most people to use 2g and that taste is going to change depending on the source of infusion.

All the different infusers have their own distinct flavor. RSO is different than shatter/wax which is different from GD. @Tokintb12 puts some effort into removing any cannabis flavor but most of us aren't going to those extremes due mainly to lack of opportunity. We expect cannabis edibles to have that little bitterness, especially with higher potencies so I don't mind. We're using it in things that provide their own flavor so it's not that big of a deal.

I must say, though, that the shatter flavor came through the dark chocolate, too, just a little to let you know it was there but when added to milk, that was gone and it made a delicious drink. I'll probably use the rest of it for some chocolate ice cream and see how that works. I'm sure it will be delicious with a touch of cannabis. :yummy:

• Like Like x 4
  11. It definitely saves me a ton of money. Some people have managed to get decent dabs outta winterized 190 extract the key is air evap in a silicone baking pan towards the end of the cycle. It's not to loud as it seems to keep vacuum well and the cycling of the thermistor is not much louder than a old grandfather clock. I definitely love it for making rso and fail proof infusions

• Like Like x 5
  12. IMG_20211015_152439.jpg

I think these will work as well as advertised
    Test it in club soda
    Bought the raspberry and mango for flavor and to observe if there is any separation

Hope you feeling ok

• Like Like x 4
  13. thanks for the input.... have you used it for anything other than weed? have you made any cbd oil?

• Like Like x 4
  14. I've made some essential peppermint oil and lavender oil with it still have yet to try making cbd oil. I have a 1:1 thc/cbd plant going right now....might try a exclusive run with just the one strain. Thanks for the Idea!

• Like Like x 3
  15. there is a farm in my area that just advertised "pick your own hemp" for 45.00 a pound. I plan to pick up a couple pounds. I made cbd oil using the iso3 but it was very black and not the golden color they show in the
    source turbo videos.

• Like Like x 4
  16. #25476 PsychedelicSam, Oct 17, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    OOOOOH, Yummy! Chocolate Ice Cream!

Chocolate ice cream.gif

It's a soft-serve like a Frosty but sure tastes better and feels soooo goooood!

I swear that I didn't use pepper in my ice cream but that might be interesting. The graphic above is the only one for this. I was trying to do too many things at once but there's not much to it anyway. It's mostly just mixing the 210s syrup into the base of what you're making and let the ice cream maker do the rest of the work.

I've always made ice cream with an electric freezer that uses ice but it always made too much for a single person. I've never explored sorbet or other types of frozen treats like that but @Tokintb12 piqued my interest with his sorbets using the syrup. Sorbets are better than ice cream for me so I bought this little freezer ice cream/sorbet maker. It makes a soft serve product like a slushy or a Frosty but it will harden if you place it back in the freezer when it's finished. It works surprisingly well.

ice cream maker.png

I had a little over half of that 4oz jar of chocolate syrup and I used that to infuse one cup of ice cream mix. This gadget will only hold one cup at a time which is perfect for one person and two doses if you have the will power. You have to place the cup in the freezer for at least 24 hours before you can start the freezing process but it only takes about a half hour for that. It comes together quickly.

So, I made the classic vanilla recipe without the egg but used the chocolate syrup instead of sugar. That was 2/3 cup of whipping cream and 1/3 milk. Adding the chocolate added a little extra but it didn't affect the process. Because the syrup was so thick, I heated the milk/cream mix before I added it and stirred until it all blended in then used my frother to whip it creamy and smooth. Because it was warm, I placed it in the freezer for a couple of hours while I had dinner. You need to have everything as cold as you can get it.

When I was ready to proceed I took the freezing cup our of the freezer as well as the separate mix. I quickly added the vanilla I had initially forgotten and started the paddle churning. You need to hold on to the base of the cup during this process because as the mix thickens it takes more effort for the paddle to churn and that will start turning the whole thing. That could cause accidents.

It took about 20 minutes but then I put it back in the freezer for 30 minutes to cool it down a bit more. I started it again after that and ten minutes later I had a really delicious soft serve chocolate ice cream. So delicious that i couldn't stop slurping it down until I had eaten over half of it. I then realized what I had done. There was over 600mg in that cup of ice cream. I had a really good night, let's say.

I'm really pleased with this syrup and am already planning for the next batch. I got about 8 servings with my tolerance level with 2g of shatter that cost me $15 each on sale so that's a pretty good deal. :ey:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Hello everyone, hope you are all fine!
    I had a three year old tincture shelved away for three years as I was mainly vaping. Having a cold now and can't get the vapor inside without getting a coughing fit. Glad that I had that tincture ready I got it out and by the looks of it it maybe got a little darker, but still clear, no clogging visible. I used 99% ethanol. I infused some sugar with it, my favorite method, and can report back that effects are still top notch. I find the tincture more calming than it used to be, what was to be expected. The scientist in me would love test results of the same batch over the years, as far as I know it has not be done properly. I may be corrected if anyone knew!

• Like Like x 4
  18. I need your help! I been looking for people who are familiarized with cbd and weed... I consumed a 50mg delta 8 brownie from 3chi... I'm only 18 and I'm new to edibles so it put me into shock I couldn't move and had major anxiety... things have gotten better but its been 2/3 days and I have head fog, anxiety and panic attacks...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hi there! I been searching online for someone who is familiarized and used to weed and cbd... I accidently consumed a whole 50mg delta 8 brownie... and 2 days later am still experiencing mind fog, anxiety and panic attacks at night... please help.

20. Greetings, graffitiboyz240, and thanks for joining our discussion. I only wish it was under better circumstances. First, whoever recommended a 50mg dose for a new edibles user is not your friend. You should have started with 10mg. D8 is another issue. It's a synthetic cannabinoid that's made from CBD.

My suggestion for your anxiety and brain fog is to get back on the horse but not until you're ready. If you have access, you may want to purchase some 5mg CBD gummies and take one in the morning and evening. Those should help in a couple of days. When your head starts feeling right then I suggest you you do a few tokes of some good bud but not necessarily high potency. A good 1:1 THC/CBD might be good. The CBD will help with the anxiety.

Another good thing to do is just maybe get out and take a walk or do some other activity when you're feeling that way. Clear your mind and just get into the activity. Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 2