Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Are you saying you need a pump with the source turbo for the Buckner?

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 2
  2. No, the Turbo has a vacuum that will fit up with the flask but if you don't have something that can provide a vacuum like the Food Saver then a pump would be needed for that fast filtering. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I totally was confused by your statement hence me asking. Lol i was gonna say they have an adapter for using it. Hence the confusion. Yeah with out a vacuum or pump kinda a waste.

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 3
  4. I confuse myself sometimes. Just_Cuz_06.gif

• Like Like x 4
  5. So I'm thinking about the beverages
    When beverages were covered in pm with you I may not have mentioned that I split them into two categories right now
    1. A drink that is going to be made with the syrup as a base and the whole thing would be infused
    This would require the 300ml or more syrup recipe

2. A drink that is commercially made that will be infused
    This would require the 60ml super concentrate small batch recipe
    Use a half teaspoon or less
    The problem is with the commercial drinks and the preservatives
    Things like ascorbic acid may react and inhibit the infused syrups ability to mix thoroughly

My medical incident last summer occurred when I was researching coca cola products for infusion and I never went back to it
    (These f*ckers are readying to do infused products if the feds legalize)
    This is why I have to run this through modernist pantry because it is a straight up food science issue from what little I understand
    More reading
    Which is no problem

We can start with kool aid for the commercial and I will find a clear flavored soda so I can record the mix
    Always thin the syrup with a little water prior to pouring it in to be mixed, makes it easier and if its carbonated you will not flatten it too much

Apple compote kicking in to gear
    IMG_20210912_114421.jpg IMG_20210912_115020.jpg
    REDZONE for the next 7 hours

• Like Like x 2
  6. I have no interest in commercial pre-made beverages. Those already have sweeteners and emulsifiers. The syrup should provide the sweetening. Looking for nothing fancy, just the basic infused simple syrup. You would mix a dose of the syrup into a glass or bottle of any plain beverage whether it's koolaid or homemade lemonade. If you've noticed, most of my drinks here are limeade and not Tang. Then carry that out to how stable that drink is if you were to mix some up for later.

At this point you shouldn't need to show your infusion process for any of your videos. That's been established now. You're now just showing how to use it. The modern gastronomy stuff is cool but not really what I have been looking for personally for the project. Don't worry about it. I'll do it when I get some extra funds. Obviously I'm having trouble communicating my thoughts.

You should just continue to pursue the gastronomy path that you've been working so hard on. You're getting good at it and it may pay off for you. I can do the simple stuff now so that you can concentrate on your research. If I want some chocolate syrup or apple compote then I'll need to make some anyway. I still have bottles so I can bottle some limeade and koolaid and see if the citric acid in the lime/lemonade makes any difference in the stability.

I have posted some examples over the last year but the search function no longer works and it's too much effort right now to find them. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. So, I just finished my cooking session for today... I had 60+ grams of shake and I used 50grams to make RSO and infuse MCT oil with it.

Aside of that, I made a 10gram badge, evaporated all the alcohol and finally added about 2ml of alcohol to solve all the RSO - another 3ml dropper full with very concentrated tincture ... 10grams of weed to 3ml of alcohol tincture. I really want to test tomorrow, how it will turn out if I use it sublingual. This must be a potent stuff ..so I think 2-3 drops under the tongue must do the job. I will post the reaults next days

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  8. Sam
    I'm sure this has been asked a million times before.
    I'll go a quarter step further

Would GC consider publishing your thread in the form of a book?
    Maybe even consider BKS and Brassnwood for publication?

When I direct folks to your thread that's the first comment after the expletive thousand page rant

If you have answered this too many times then no need to respond
    Its the coffee rambling on

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. No, they won't do that. The new owners won't even fix the search function and several other things. Without the search function this thread is pretty useless even for me. I'm going to have it unpinned again and just use Dragon Lite for the tincture stuff. Even with the Index it's too wieldy. I'll still leave it active but let it die out. It's a dinosaur anyway in today's culture. And I'm getting too old and messed up to keep it going like the earlier days. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 4
  10. Sorry to hear this
    I don't think its a dinosaur but I'm the last person that should offer an opinion on the culture

Need to look out for those hands and start using the voice command on your devices
    If you thought autocorrect was insanity

Time to retire the ice cream maker I guess
    Have the peach sorbet to run first

This thread is a blast
    Leave it pinned if you can

• Like Like x 2
  11. I've been reading your thread off and on since high school back in like 2013, made an account just to thank you for all your help and for all the right first steps you put me on to what I'd need later on in life with my medical issues really started to get to me. Wish you the best with all you do Sam!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. [​IMG]
    3 gallons dry measure of Decarbed bud scraps.
    The industrial potato ricer.
    160 micron mesh.
    [​IMG]
    I started with Six full 1.75 ltr jugs of 190 proof. Used 4.5
    [​IMG]
    I have 6 750ml bottles I cross fill to do my Tincture works.
    A near full quart jar of scraps and a full 750ml of booze.
    Shake 10 seconds and press out with the ricer and back into the bottle. Nets 500ml of tincture.
    [​IMG] My Combined efforts @ 11 jars of scraps / bottles netted exactly Three full 1.75 jugs of Tincture and used up all the bud scraps.
    [​IMG]
    The wet bud scraps with more then 3 ltrs of booze still locked up in it. I put the lid on this and I'll recover the 190 proof another day.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
  13. #25413 PsychedelicSam, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    Greetings, @Cganacrchy. It's my pleasure to welcome you finally to our discussion . Thank you for participating but also for lurking all those years, too. My goal has always been to help any way that I can and it's for that very reason that I continue. When I hear from someone like yourself who's been helped by what we do, that makes it all worthwhile. Thank you. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Well the tincture I made last was really a potent one. I added a little bit more alcohol to make it 5ml. So 10 grams of weed reduced to 5ml tincture - 5-6 drops under the tongue gave me pretty intens high for almost half a day ...really potent stuff. The strange was... It didn't burn that bad... definitely recommend it.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Another day...another test of the tincture. Yesterday evening I took one of my RSO capsules - very small caps with just 2 drops...mild high and good sleep. This morning I woke up, took a coffee and waited until I was fully wake up.

Took the tincture and took a total of 6 drops - just under my tongue - it burns a little, but this are just 6 drops...not a big deal. After about 10mins I started to feel a little bit dizzy and it felt like I smoked a joint and the effects are yet to come. This kept for about 40-50mins until it really started hitting me hard. It feels like what is not absorbed sublingual and you ingest it, works like a edible. Anyway - 6 drops gave me a bit more than I was asking for. 5 drops will be the best dose for me I guess. It's really nice medicine by the way! This is really effective stuff, so don't joke with it. 6 drops are giving me spins, tunnel vision, red itchy eyes and it feels like my legs and hands are heavy - really couchlocked. Although you may expect to work faster, wait for sure about 1 hour before you think to take a second one.

I am lucky to have source which sells lots of shake for cheap price so I can keep experimenting with tinctures. It's a nice journey to find out which way and which ratio is the best for you. For me, the best way is to make it lots more concentrated so you can dose it with drops. Mixing it with my tea is for sure a must have in my stash! I am looking up to buy some more next days and make some more tincture. I will make some photos as well!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Good post! I remember before i heard of tinctures and capsules..one time many years ago i ate raw hash. Did it more than once. Ate 5g of hash, tasted ass. Chilled on the couch for a bit then tripped so hard i fell asleep.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Sam, your the man:), hoping your good and thanks again for all you do bro.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Hi,

I can't find it, but im pretty sure some of you already did it. Does decarbing in hot water bad works? Water will boil at 212F - not 240, but maybe additional 20 mins will compensate?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Screenshot_20200907-115304.png I decarb with a sous vide, grind and seal a meal bag it or put in small mason jar and submerge and choose a time and temp off of chart. I do it long time low heat, saves terps nice.:)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Good to know! But I can't understand how long I will need to decarb if I decarb with sous vide. Can you explain? Excuse me about that.

• Like Like x 4