Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Now that's a recipe I can follow. Thank you!
    I'm so sorry you were in so much pain.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I had a long response then accidentally lost it. I won't be able to reproduce it all right now but basically that's exactly what I wanted. Exactly. The thickness is just right. Potency can easily be adjusted by any veteran of this thread and anyone can make it thicker if they want. This is what I want for display. The one you showed be earlier was more of a hot fudge density. This one is fine for a chocolate sundae or a milkshake or anything else.

Since this is full extract the stronger it is, the more it's going to taste like cannabis. Using the freezer method instead of a room temperature one can make a big difference but fortunately that can be covered sufficiently and your syrup can be flavored if desired. Most of our folks won't be going through all the cleaning you do and I believe that was a bit confusing and hard for many to follow but I was sure you'd eventually come up with this. I kept aiming you in this direction and voilá, there it is. :ey:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dusty Hill, the bassist for ZZ Top, died yesterday. This is one of my favorite bands so I'm going to drop a tribute in here. :mellow:

• Like Like x 3
  4. #25264 Tokintb12, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    That is actually the practice video
    Figured I would post it instead of referencing the messages
    Still have to do 2 tablespoons in 8 ounces of milk
    I use these videos to improve the final take
    In the finished video there will be more space to work and everything will be brought to the front of the camera

The compote will be a one shot
    Its apple crumble or apple cake
    Still searching recipes I can manipulate and keep the infused product in as low a heat as possible for as short a time as possible
    ......and there is still chemistry lessons

All the recipes are coffee filter level of filtering
    Except the Isi whipper recipes down the road
    If you look at the filter disc in the pics you will see all the husks etc that would foul up the nozzle
    IMG_20210729_104443.jpg IMG_20210729_104448.jpg

I'm working on the carbon filtering as a separate video for molecular gastronomy
    Hoping to have my channel up by the October cannabis festival

Sorry I keep adding
    A mix of blue sherbet and garanimalz has me .................stoned
    The addition of the quarter cup of dry cocoa does not increase the volume in a measurable way
    So it can stand as one cup or 16 tablespoons

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. I guess it's time to get to work. I've been telling @Tokintb12 to write up his process for the syrup stuff but I have been neglecting my own project.

20210730_133118_resized.jpg 20210730_134506_resized.jpg

I really want to do some testing before I put the finishing touches on. I've had my new kit for a while now but haven't been in the best shape to get into it. I still have the other kit which is similar but this one employs a couple of new and better procedures and it has a better manual. I want to do this so we'll know if the project is successful since it might be a while before I can afford the lab again. While not as exact, this will give us a good indication. dragon.gif

• Like Like x 4
  6. Setting up for the apple compote
    Begin work on the chocolate syrup write up this week
    Record a better chocolate syrup video when I do the compote video
    Just easier to do multiple recordings at once

Some dry weather let me get a lot of exterior work done on the house
    So I'm splitting time between the interior and exterior jobs

Hope you are back in training for the triathlon

• Like Like x 3
  7. I had started to lay out the testing materials on my table and had everything ready to go. I had just read the instructions again and reached for my chair and just as my hand was closing on the chair arm a bunch of pop rocks seemed to go off in my middle knuckle of my left hand and the finger started moving in ways it's not supposed to. Ligaments.

This is the second one in a year and both were when I was making a video. I've been taking prednisone for 26 years for my transplant and it eats away the body's connective tissue. Can't type well or use the hand for much so I won't be around until the pain dies down some and I can use it but I will be back. Just_Cuz_06.gif

• Like Like x 4
  8. Sorry your having issues Sam. Best wishes for a rapid recovery from all of us here at the Brass Pharm.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I'm sorry Sam sending you some positive energy.

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bummer. I hope it improves soon, Sam.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sorry about your situation
    Don't rush the recovery

I'll post what I have and what I'm finishing all at once in a single post then edit the post as needed

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thank you. One of the good things about ligaments is that once they pop off the bone, they don't come with a lot of pain after the initial pop. This morning I can use it to type but I can't support my coffee cup using the handle with either of my first two fingers. If I had to pull a trigger I couldn't do it even if my life depended on it. Fortunately, it doesn't. :rolleyes:

I'd rather that you posted each thing you're making separately if you can. People can get lost in a long post with different items and pictures. That's something I've learned over the years.

There won't be a "recovery". There's nothing that can be done for me except to get used to it. I'm going to have to find some kind of support glove that I can use to help prevent that from happening with the other fingers . The long term prednisone usage causes avascular necrosis. My bones are dying because the tiny blood vessels that feed the bones are deteriorating. That weakens any tissue attached which then can easily rip. Just_Cuz_06.gif

• Like Like x 3
  13. Understood on the posting

That's awful your in management mode for your hands
    Hopefully there will be therapeutic devices to help your hands function
    Go for the adamantium claws
    Offer a bit of self protection and great drink stirring

• Like Like x 4
  14. just a small pause to make some oil and syrup for folks
    most need to know that working with the alcohol is not too dangerous
    so demonstrations help

recording a second apple compote video
    first one is ok but one of my kitties was under the weather so it was a little chaotic
    she is on the mend and the meds make her tired so good time to record as she is the trouble maker in chief

• Like Like x 4
  15. I pushed ahead through the pain and ran the TLC tests and did a little video to show how it's done, somewhat. The trim was 9% and the flower was 13.5% according to the instructions. The tincture is a work in progress. It showed up as 13% but that needs to be converted using a formula that I thought I knew what apparently I don't. That conversion said that It was 130mg/ml and I don't care how saturated that alcohol is, it is not 130mg/ml. So this one goes to the lab after all.

I'll have the video edited soon. It's not much, just a little something to illustrate how it's done in case anyone has an interest. It's really good for growers who want to check their crop and good for edibles that are measured in grams instead of milliliters unless you can figure out the formula. :)

• Like Like x 7
  16. I wish you fast recovery Sam!

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Man oh Man I hope you are OK, I have been reading along and even made some tincture
    I may have screwed up , I had 2 cups before reduction and I figure hey why not the hot sun to reduce it.
    Tincture went from a golden to a darker brown and reduced in half by nightfall, but did I convert all the THC to CBD because of my mistake?
    I am using it as a sleep aide so if it did may have worked in my benefit. What say you?

• Like Like x 2
  18. #25278 PsychedelicSam, Aug 7, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    UV from the sun can degrade the THC into CBN but I'm not sure that it was exposed long enough to do much damage. It turns darker because you've just concentrated it. You shouldn't have any problem with it. If it needs a little more oomph, you just reduce it a little more. :)

• Like Like x 3
  19. Very Good Sir, as always the cannabis community appreciates you and your efforts.
    Fight the good fight and feel better.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. I'm here for the first time(ish). I've actually been lurking for a while and making lots of notes. Nice to be able to find this great info from Sept 2012. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1