Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. I was thinking some of the lemon thyme I grow would work to mask the flavor
    The raw taste is not as bad as the oven decarbed tincture, but that may be the etoh muting (burning) everything
    Need to do a stripped down minimal process tincture with everything still in it
    Taste is acceptable if I use the Monin desert pear syrup to dilute it for swishing around in the mouth and swallowing

Still trying to post pics but getting an error message during the upload
    My paranoia is telling me the site doesn't want me posting pics anymore (joking?)
    Any input about the error message appreciated

• Like Like x 3
  2. You might wanna look at a mct oil infusion at some point. It's pretty much like a tincture except uses mct oil instead of alcohol. Probably not good for a natural decarb, but imho it tastes quite a bit better, and doesn't have that alcohol bite. The onset is about the same, you can add each to other foods, so that's about the same too.

I make mine fairly strong using feco in a small amount of oil and a little liquid lecithin. I dose with an eye dropper counting drops.

I use nutiva brand organic mct oil. It's derived from 100% organic coconut oil, and it's not terribly expensive. $30 for 32 ounces on amazon. It's a very light neutral tasting oil.

I add a couple drops orange oil to help hide the weed taste and to add limonene, a terpene in sweet orange oil. The feco I make has roughly 25% cbd, 75% sativa, so the mix with the orange oil keeps the effects uplifting and energetic.

I imagine you could customize those effects with other, thc sources, terpenes, or other additives. Anyway just a thought if tincture taste is a concern.

• Like Like x 4
  3. So I decided to do some transfers as well. I just made my first badge of sugar and will do my second one of honey.
    Is there any difference between both? Is the one more effective than the other and how do you use it? Just in your tea/coffee or ?

Thx in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  4. BadKats recipe works very well for Kief. I've used it virtually unchanged for several years and thousands of Capsules.
    BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more
    Hers
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Mine
    The site was having some technical issues uploading photos but our excellent staff seems to have fixed the trouble as I can post pictures again.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  5. I got the last half of Summer 2020 harvest smashed last week for 320 grams of Kief. The whole harvest netted about three gallons dry measure of medium grind bud scraps. Today should get the last of the decarb done on that.

I'll turn the garage fridge down as far as it goes and pack the 190 proof bottles in. Didn't count but I think I have 7 fifths of reclaimed Everclear to work with. Should get to Tincture making on Monday.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
  6. Thanks for the technical update
    Brass to the rescue again

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah, but they haven't fixed the search function yet or even acknowledged that they intend to. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lemon thyme might work for flavoring but you're going to a lot of effort. There's a lot of herbs that you can use that will work however you shouldn't have a need for it since you water wash your material. That should get rid of any "flavor", period. :)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Sure, there are differences just like there is with normal sugar and honey. They each have their place. The honey is wonderful and the sugar is functional. :ey:

• Like Like x 4
  10. IMG_20210226_214320.jpg IMG_20210226_214341.jpg

If your eating, swallow before enlarging the pics
    This is the Stevia after several days at room temp, held together
    Not sure about the dispersion and my thought may be to thin it out with distilled water
    Lots of lipid and wax globs, higher liquid volume may help to disperse them
    This tincture was not filtered through my normal process, just the coffee filter stage

• Like Like x 2
  11. "Anointed" PEZ and Smarties. The tincture I used for this has been concentrated and is pretty dark. I'll dust them with some crushed candy when the candy absorbs the. tincture. PEZ smarties.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. I see what you mean about finishing your bite before reviewing these pictures. I'm not sure I'd want to use it if I saw it beforehand but a person could get used to it since it dissolves into something else entirely.

I made some Torani sugar free syrup with the 210S gums that seemed to turn out okay but I had to abandon it before I could determine how usable it was. I'll try again after my bout with gout has ended. It was Classic Caramel, by the way. :)

• Like Like x 5
  13. My plan is to add the water later
    Take some pics of mixing it into something
    This is a half teaspoon or less, maybe even an 8th of a teaspoon
    Nasty hybrid called pumpkin pie that has a creeper punch is infused

Start with the obvious commercial syrup but this is going to be for adding to food or beverage right before consumption
    Berry puree would cover the looks a little, taste is not bad for the amount of filtering
    Dosing is going to be a pain, greenout written all over it

• Like Like x 3
  14. #24934 rpangelov, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    Last couple of days I am reading the recipes and I am really amazed how much information and research is done here.
    My sugar and honey turned out amazing... thank you!
    Next I will go for the hard candy’s and MCT oil for dropper and coconut oil for caps.
    Quick question: when I infuse coconut oil/MCT, do I need to infuse for 20mins at 220F in preheated oven, after I evaporated the alcohol using double boiler ? Or just stirring in the double boiler will do the job and if so, how long I have to stir it in double boiler ?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Unfortunately, many of the guides are out of date for the modern cannabis market and the info is old but they still work. You'll find the beginnings of many of the things now accepted as standard operating procedure all started right here.

I knew you'd like the honey and sugar and I'm sure now you can see how each would be used differently for dosing.

Once the solvent transfer to your oil is finished and the alcohol bubbles have stopped then it's ready to use. However, it is at that point that you would add your lecithin. Doesn't have to be 20 minutes unless it takes that long for the powder/granules to dissolve, oven or double boiler.

This is my first response to hash caps using my "Dragon Oil" instead of hash for a small batch. Check it out if you haven't already. :)

Dragon Oil Production Guide 1 - GD Derived Small Batch Post 6814

• Like Like x 6
  16. #24936 rpangelov, Mar 2, 2021
    Thank you very much. I will check it.
    I try to make dosing as simple as possible for me like that:
    A small 5ml bottle equals 10 droppers - 1 dropper is my dose.
    When I make sugar, I blend the 5ml bottle with 10 teaspoons of sugar - this is 25grams of sugar, so I know, 1 teaspoon is my dose.
    The same I do with honey.

With MCT, I will mix 5ml of MCT with 5ml of GD. Add lecithin to it and use it as GD - one full dropper.
    One full dropper will fill size 3 cap - this is how I will dose my caps.

PS: I really enjoy the sugar... I tested my honey as well and it’s also great, but I will finish my sugar first before going on to the honey.
    I got lots of shake so I can make a huge badge of GD to play further.
    I am really curious how the caps/MCT will be... will they differ a lot from the caps of BrassNwood? As the preparation is a little different, maybe the end result will be different too?
    I look up to the candies as well so I can travel with them without problems... caps might get attention as well as MCT dropper. Sugar and honey... not so much, but you definitely smell the infused goodies haha.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Excuse me for making a new post, but I have yet another question which might sound stupid, but Im still learning.
    Lollipops and candies seems to me as perfect solution to carry with me and as I travel through Europe - they don’t wake so much attention as pot of green sugar/honey which smells like weed haha and you can keep the for long time without getting bad.
    The only question I ask my self is... will they be weaker because there is no lecithin involved?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hard candy and lollipops don't use lecithin usually. They are sublingual and not swallowed. Also, no oil usually. I've seen some candy recipes that use lecithin but those recipes use oil for infusion instead of GD, sugar or honey. However, it is difficult to get the same concentration with candy as you do with the drops. :)

• Like Like x 5
  19. #24939 rpangelov, Mar 2, 2021
    Indeed, but I am lucky that my tolerance is pretty low... you maybe remember - 2 years ago I was in hospital with pneumothorax so I had to quit smoking. 5 weeks in hospital was a good tolerance reset for me after years of smoking up 2 grams every day.
    Yet 0,5ml of GD gets me very baked - people around me recognize me just in seconds... short example: I took one spoon of the sugar today with my tea and after 1 hour I started to feel thirsty... I checked in the mirror and my eyes were bloody red so I started to laugh about how wasted I am and for about 15 mins I couldn’t stop laughing... I was lucky to be alone. This kept going for about 4-5 hours. 1 teaspoon equals to 0.5GD. If I use GD as mouthwash works the same.
    I hope that I can get 0.5ml of tincture per candy or lollipop.
    I have 15grams of good shake ready and as soon as I get my candy thermometer, I will make 60ml of GD from this 15gr and I will use 5ml for MCT, caps, candies etc. just to try out and will make some photos of each to show how it will turn out.

PS: I realize that 0,5ml of tincture small dose is and maybe the most of you will need to double the dose. My ratio is 1gram of bud per 5ml - just how I showed in the photos. This are 10 doses for me - 0,1gr of bud per dose. It’s a small dose.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Can't wait to see your results on the hard candy
    Trying to adapt a gummy recipe right now and its a pain

Sam
    I can stand again so i'll get the short batch video up to your pm
    The sorbets are a hit with the medical crowd, sugar is an issue for some
    You saw the Stevia, it held together fine at room temp you just need to keep it in an airtight container
    Honestly I have the stevia and some blueberry puree so might as well
    Lower sugar sorbet

When you finish your Caramel/carmel syrup could you post some pics
    Curious about the dispersion of the reduced tincture

• Like Like x 2