Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. I'm not really active on these forums, to be honest I literally joined to send you the message that I did. I've been following a select group of old board members for years, so in a weird way I feel like I already know you. I say that to say, yours is an amazingly great mind with the refusal to accept limitations.

I look forward to your message.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Citric Acid Update

I've just let the citric acid, kief, lecithin and alcohol sit for a couple of days. I took a look at it today and I can definitely say that something is happening to it. It's not something that you'd be able to see with a picture so I haven't included one for now.

The glandular material (trichome husks) seems to be breaking down. It was very gritty like one would expect with all that kief in it when I first made it but now it has smoothed out quite a bit with very little grit at this time. It's very glossy, crystal covered paste that has dried out some but is still pliable and not powdery at all. It smells very nice, like hash because I used ethanol instead of vinegar for the extraction.

I pulled out a small amount and gave it a taste and discovered the grit was no longer there, mostly. It had diminished greatly over those few days. It was a bit tart but dissolved on my tongue. I then took a little more and put it between my cheek and gum where it dissolved quickly. That may be one of the ways I dose this stuff. It was a bit like a sweet tart without the sweet.

I'm going to run a TLC test plate on it maybe today or tomorrow to see if there's decarboxylation. There's only about a tablespoon and a half of the paste and it contains 1750mg so it should only take a small amount to do the job. I don't know yet if it will dissolve into a drink yet. The "drink" I made from cleaning the mortar is still staring at me when I open the fridge, daring me to chug it. All the kief is still clumped throughout it and it looks like a lot but if it hadn't decarbed by that time then it wouldn't work as well.

But I just rubbed a small dose on my gums, maybe a rice grain size like for rso. No grit at all, sticky but it still dissolved easily unlike the rso and also no bitterness like rso has, not counting the tartness from the citric acid. I didn't think that I would feel anything since I was already medicated and have a high tolerance but within minutes I started to feel it and it is continuing to climb as I write this. Very quick onset, very pleasant.

It's coming on very nicely and I'm beginning to think this is a real winner and a keeper. :ey:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. I wouldn't make this with vinegar anymore, because of the taste, (glad you didn't), and it isn't water soluble, but the one I made with sift hash has a very pleasant buzz.

That reminds me, I still have a few grams left, lol.

• Like Like x 5
  4. How does one find a doctor to talk about cannabis? I've talked to mine and it seems like they all say similar things 'it could be helpful' and 'you don't know what you're taking.' I'd like to be able to talk to a doctor and how cannabis relates to fixing things, like depression, etc. There have got to be doctors that specialize in this? Most searches for "cannabis doctor" leads to links about obtaining a medical card, something I have already done.

• Like Like x 2
  5. You'll find that it depends on where you live. My state also uses a medical card certified by a 3rd party clinic that has no previous connection with you. Show your records, pay your money and get out. We've had medical for ten years now and none of my doctors know anything about it. They use me for their case study. However, I do have a pain management doctor that does discuss it and it's part of my pain management portfolio along with the usual medications. His clinic even markets their own CBD formulations. All my other doctors just "tsk, tsk" whenever I tell them. It's something I'm going to be finding out with another doctor soon.

Some states require you to consult with your physician and get their recommendation and a prescription. I don't know how knowledgeable they would be just yet. The states that have embraced cannabis the longest do have doctors that include cannabis in their therapies and specialties. Cali, OR, CO, WA where it's been a part of life for a while now. Younger doctors, too, make a difference. Older ones often have that leftover "reefer madness" mindset. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. I'm in IL and it was easy to get a card - I just showed up at the office and handed over money. No records necessary. You mention the refer madness mindset, but I'm thinking that's what the doctors must see coming in. I've had too much a couple times, and that's enough to scare anyone. If doctor's are more educated about it, there could be less of that.

There is a big gap between the dispensary guy and a doctor; both are important it would seem.

• Like Like x 3
  7. In my state the insurance companies and hospitals pull the strings for the doctors. Their ignorance about mj is self serving imho, if they knew more they'd have to act. They get no kickback if you choose mj.

Around me if you tell your doctor your a user then they deny any prescription pain meds. If you don't tell them, then no problem getting opioids. Not a healthy or sustainable situation, but thats the way it is here.

And tomorrow im meeting the new doctor thats taking over for my retiring doctor, I don't need or take pain meds, but I guess ill continue to lie because its less hassle.

• Like Like x 3
  8. We are very much in the " Try it and see if it helps" stage still
    The people working the dispensaries know less then the guy selling you auto parts does about fixing your car.
    IME.

High dose people and those of us that supply friends and family suffering Cancers and other ailments are better sources of real world information them you'll get anywhere.
    I don't have that luxury as the veterans hospitals run a drug screen as a routine part of my annual Doc visit. Blood and urine panel.
    I can get a limited number of opiates like 15 every 90 days but I have to remember to beg for them each time. The cannabis keeps my pain under control 99% of the time so I rarely need something stronger.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  9. ^That's great about your pain management! Do you have to take breaks to keep your dosage down? I've noticed my tolerance seems to go up very fast, but also fall fast when I stop. But after a week of feeling great, stopping doesn't feel so good. I think once or twice a week might be a better route for me.

• Like Like x 2
  10. The BadKat recipe using dry ice kief doesn't seem to build tolerance. Just the opposite as it stacks in my system and I need to skip a day per week or I've gone past the red line and higher then I care to be.
    I feel I have to credit the Lecithin with most of that ultra strong and long lasting effects.
    I just ate 2 more capsules and in about 45 minutes I'll be higher then a giraffe's ass.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I have two vets as patients. Both have ptsd, and lots of other conditions.

One gets 180 percocets a month. He gets terrible headaches from shrapnel in his neck, and has since Vietnam. He also vapes rosin from sun up to sun down just to function. His doctors know.

The other vet is an Iraq war vet and has to fight for pain meds even though he doesn't need much in the way of pain prescriptions. He is a moderate mj user.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Hi Sam
    Fun night, my phone ran out of memory and then went haywire
    (Expletive) phone has my first video held hostage until I can reboot it, if possible
    IMG_20210126_210506.jpg IMG_20210126_222621.jpg
    Here are some pics of the start and finish
    I have the syrup technique down, just trying to get a relatively mistake free version
    The phone is old and should have been replaced a long time ago
    I have the outline and the script but freestyle works better for me
    I can use this syrup for demonstration in the next video

Running TLC practice this weekend
    If possible I'll record for scrutiny

They use a wet filter disc in the jar with the sample

IMG_20210126_224239.jpg
    Two weeks and it will be a 4 month naturally decarbed tincture
    Asked my wife if she was throwing a baby shower
    Her response was " they hold divorce proceedings by zoom now"
    Is that true?!:thumbsdown:

Hope everything is going well
    take it easy and avoid crowds

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. So @PsychedelicSam or anyone else who may know: am I able to make green dragon with leaves and/or trimmings, if so would it change the procedure?

My GD and gummies have been coming out great thanks to the advice here. Gonna make a big ol’ batch with this harvest but I have a good stock pile of leaves.

Cheers
    IMG_5146.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  14. Oh, you betcha! Of course, it takes more but it works great. No change in the procedure. We don't believe it wasting anything, even roots. :)

• Like Like x 4
  15. Even roots huh..? That’s def new to me. I was thinking cuz there isn’t trichomes on the leaves I trim in veg there would be a different process, like cooking in alc for a lil bit. But hey I’ll take your word for it and give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  16. #24796 PsychedelicSam, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    You use the roots for topicals. They work great.

Trim and leaf will give you different grades but all of it still has its uses. I have a lot of posts about fan leaves from when I had access to such things. Here's just one example. :)

Fan Leaf Dragon Guide Post 475

• Like Like x 5
  17. IMG_20210127_095554.jpg IMG_20210127_095659.jpg IMG_20210127_095744.jpg IMG_20210127_095807.jpg IMG_20210127_095929.jpg IMG_20210127_100050.jpg IMG_20210127_100537.jpg IMG_20210127_100628.jpg IMG_20210125_135059.jpg IMG_20210125_141609.jpg

Got my phone working and deleted a lot of useless content
    Lost track of my tinctures, forgot to label them
    The syrup I just infused has 60 grams in 300 ml of syrup, thought it was a 14 gram tincture
    I used a half tablespoon to test and greened out today, usually gives me a good glow when it is a 14 gram tincture that I reduce into the syrup, about a half hour in knew I was in trouble
    Slapped on Mezzanine by Massive Attack and just enjoyed the ride
    Coming down now, so ill set up and get ready for tomorrow, post the better of the two videos, the uploads take forever

Ordered the sugar substitute, see what happens

• Like Like x 3
  18. At least you were able to enjoy it.

I just ran a TLC plate on the citric acid hash extraction and the 210S syrup and the agave syrup I just made and only the hash extraction gave me any results. I'm afraid that if you got the test kit for your syrups then you're going to be out of luck. You'll need to test the GD that you're using instead. :)

• Like Like x 3
  19. Have to dig but there is some guidance on testing edibles
    Some complaints about the accuracy of the results
    Mainly got the kits for the tincture, hoped some types of edibles could be tested
    Wanted to put the dispensary products through the process

The SuspendRx will be here Friday and I'll attempt to infuse it immediately, just pics as I will need to focus

Sorry to hear about the edibles, see what I can dig up, just may not be doable without advanced lab equipment
    Back to the old ways, green outs and Zeppelin albums
    IMG_20210127_230450.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. You should send it back. It's not what you want from what I'm reading. :mellow:

• Like Like x 1