Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Thank you. The next time I reduced, I put a measuring cup in there to catch it. I watched every bit of the last 3/4 cup.
    Then I was sure to allow the distiller to cool. I was very sure it was cool.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Would my accidental RSO tincture be a good fit for the honey elixir recipe here? I really want to make the elixir for him. I think a dropper would be fast and easy enough for him to remember and to deal with at night time. He loves his honey.
    I have just over 2 ounces of of the RSO tincture. Tasting it, it is very slightly sweet!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Is that the one that was sitting for six months with the splenda? So your tincture is sweet? Leftover from that adventure. You may want to dose it by teaspoon instead of dropper. It doesn't dispense well by dropper, too thick.
    I'd use 4oz of honey for your 2oz of tincture. You may want to even reduce it a little so that you don't have to heat it as long.

Keep it stirred until all the alcohol bubbles are gone. You'll know when that happens when those bubbles turn to a froth instead. Once it's finished and while still hot add some fresh honey to it, top it off to replace the moisture you lost during the transfer. Temp can get up to around 200°F. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Will do. Thank you. Yes, that is the tincture that sat for months with plant material, gummed up the distiller bottom because the 190 proof was nearly gone, was diluted with 190 again, mixed with Splenda, unmixed with Splenda, and now is faintly sweet.
    I tried a drop, and there was a slight bitterness. I am guessing chlorophyll? It is kind of nice, actually. It's smooth, with just a little bite from the Everclear. The other tinctures I made were very burny, even when reduced.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I tried to make some hard candy using oil once and only half of it was absorbed by the sugar with the rest sitting in the pan. It was still good but it was sweet, too. That's interesting that the sweetness of the splenda moderates the burn of the alcohol. I wonder if that's a future experiment, a splenda wash to reduce the burn. 878.gif

• Like Like x 4
  6. Sooo 1 tsp want enough...i added another teaspoon. I took half a tablespoon and not much felt. I shall keep you posted. I think i might get to 3. Easy to add then remove... Lol

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yeah, a tsp doesn't sound like a lot in 350g of pb. You'll probably need to add it by the tablespoon instead of teaspoon. I guess it depends on how heavy it's initially vaped, too. :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. I'm afraid lol! That's why I'm going at teaspoon speed .

I don't cash out. I get it to the brown decarb look n stop. I'll grab a picture tomorrow. I'll prolly be adding in number three. There's a slight tingle but not much.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Coward!!!
    LMAO. But it's just cannabis. I mean how stoned.. Wait what was I talking about.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Lol i have greened out enough times to say. You gdamt right i yam lol plus i got the kid so i have to behave

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Ok! Day late dollar short? Lol.

So I am at 3 teaspoons in now. So a full tablespoon of avb. Which i think will be good. For a micro doser such as i. First felt it in the head then body relax... Enough so I noticed pain in places i was ignoring yaaay me.

It took about 45 min. To start feeling the effects. This was on an empty stomach. Lasted about 3 hours... I took about half a tablespoon of the avb peanut butter.

Here's the avb pulverized before i added it. IMG_20210109_105925.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. I decarbed the oil as suggested and was surprised at how much of a smell that created. I was thinking that the oil would temper the smell but not the case
    I tried a dropper full with really no notable results. Next day I tried two droppers full and really didn't feel much but I'm sure my tolerance is quite high. I really did like the taste of the oil though. Kind of a smoky nutty taste. I really expected more of a hit from this but perhaps it just needs more time to soak? I did sleep well both nights so there is that

• Like Like x 2
  13. Did you do it on the stovetop? Did you cook it a little more or just strain it as it was? For curiosity's sake, did you see any bubbles while you were decarbing it? :huh:

• Like Like x 3
  14. Soooooo update.... Ok to the 350g of peanut butter has one tablespoon of avb in it. Today on an empty stomach took a full tablespoon within 30-45 min could get it come on. After an hour and a half of taking it i ate dinner. It's now thirty min. Post dinner and i am mellow..... Very nice spot. So here we are three hours later and still going. That is all

• Like Like x 9
  15. IMG_20210111_160442.jpg IMG_20210111_164702.jpg
    Kit is here, truth time!
    Have sorbet, syrup (from the cat escape video fail), natural decarb tincture and vape tincture to test
    I'll lose half the tests to learning but it does not look too difficult (which means it will be a nightmare)
    Post early EST (US) and check back late night

Starting work with the immersion circulator, so many different times, temps and opinions
    Run it by you first before posting
    Folks, just a tip on immersion circulator, boil some water and fill your bin 3/4 and add the boiling water incrementally to reach desired temp, otherwise looooooonnng wait!

Lets break some sh*t!

• Like Like x 2
  16. I left it in the mason jar it has been stored in and I did it in the oven so I can't say if there were any bubbles or not

• Like Like x 2
  17. That looks like mine. Good luck figuring it out then you can teach me. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  18. @PsychedelicSam,

a few pages back, someone asks about transferring a natural decarbed GD to oil for baking.

Would transferring the GD to the Sugar (no heat) from the recipe, be an option?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Should work. Lots of people air dry their infused sugar. Keep it stirred so it doesn't just stick to the bottom of the dish. :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. I reduce my tincture till there’s not much alcohol left then mix in the sugar. That gets spread out on parchment paper on a cookie sheet then stuck in a convection oven set on warming (150 degrees). Use a spatula to do an occasional stir and flip until the remaining alcohol is gone.

• Like Like x 2