Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Another update. I decided that I needed to try a 100mg limeade myself so a little over an hour ago I made two more bottles then put them in the freezer to get even colder and a little slushy. Heck, it's 110° here so why not and I get to see how the extra cold affects it.

There was a little on the sides again but again, not too much. I checked the stuff on the side of the beaker and found it to be foamy and fluffy, a little sticky but washes away with water, tasted neutral but waxy on my teeth. Nothing floating around, though.

About 20 minutes ago I took one out of the freezer and drank it. It was delicious and had that slushy consistency I wanted. There was no canna bitterness as there often can be with shatter and I mean it was just delicious. After I drank it I sat down to read until I felt something knock my head off my shoulders. 20 minutes and full effects are starting strong. I wanted to let you know that there may be something to this.

Did I say how delicious it was? :yummy:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Can you mix those little oil/wax spots back into the limeade?

• Like Like x 1
  3. No, it's inert at that point it seems. It's like a foam or head created by the spontaneous emulsification of the louche effect. I thought of taking a swab like you did and wiping those up but by the time I thought of it, I had already cleaned the beaker.

I'm glad that I decided to check it again for myself and was able to notice this aspect of it. It gives me a little more insight right from the beginning. And I now know that the rapid onset isn't just a figment of my imagination. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Great results, and it held up for several days!
    Dragon goes easily into many cocktails with little to no change in taste. I'm on a T-break so I'm jealous and going to pout with my ibuprofen.
    IMG_20200707_144259.jpg
    I am on a roll, My new 3 speed frother! Look at the attachment in the foreground and the spring that used to be attached to the base. I'm not allowed to touch anything anymore!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. You broke it already? :huh:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Bad case of over frothing!:eek:

• Like Like x 3
  7. I have made a science out of it. Ordering a blender today, we should "dead pool" it. When will it meet it's demise after I touch it:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. One thing that I'm starting to notice is that there is a difference in onset time between using GD in a cold drink and a hot one. I've been using it in my coffee since the beginning and it usually takes at least a half hour to start feeling it then a little longer for full onset. Oil based edibles take about 2 hours or more so I've come to think of GD ingestion as "quick onset" but seldom used it in cold beverages. Now that I'm exploring the louche effect I'm concentrating on the cold beverage and definitely notice a difference in this aspect, too.

When using GD in a hot drink it will exhibit the cloudiness but it then dissipates without leaving behind that foamy "head". I'm thinking that it has to do with the ratio of cannabis oil in the GD to alcohol since the alcohol will evaporate when it hits the hot coffee. That leaves an oil sheen on the top but no residue like the cold limeade.

Interesting stuff. Plus I'm learning more about "louching" to other solvents. Could be worthwhile. :ey:

• Like Like x 4
  9. Hi Sam, so I did the sous vide. Got an anova,1000 water. Gets up to 197°, I think the closable container that you buy separate would work well as I wrapped pot w/ foil face insulation to maintain heat and moisture. KIMG2159.JPG
    I preheated distilled h20 ( hard water :frown: ), got it to 197°, went 2 hrs sous bath for the 1 oz of coffee grinder ground white widow buds.I put that in a sealameal bag, I clamped some wrenches to bag to weigh down:D. I put half gram in yogurt and I feel great! It's like the natural decarb gd, a high like smoking, but w/ nice flaver , better than the chicken cutlets I did, cooked but almost to moist, like chicken gum! After searing it was great :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Nice can’t wait to see the outcomes of this. So I made the xanthum syrup and it’s perfect!!! No separation at all. Recommend using less than a tsp and hand blender cause it can clump a bit but it’s honestly the missing piece. I’m going to post a picture later

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. I was just thinking about asking you about your results. So now we know the secret or at least one of them. I'm sure there are others that work, too. 1 tsp xanthan gum to how much syrup? Did you use the RSO again?

I've got everything for the citric acid extraction but the hash and that may take a little while to get but it's on the active agenda. I've got to do some research on ways to use it so that I can present it as something useful as opposed to just something to play with. I only have myself mostly to guinea pig these things and my creative cooking skills have diminished with time and handicap.

The same goes for the powdered items. I was going to infuse some bacon grease and powder it for toppings but then I realize that I would never use it since I don't usually eat the kinds of items that would benefit from bacon topping like fries, nachos, popcorn, and such. I tried some of the virgin batch on some fries and it was good but I've decided not to do that particular one. Instead I'll find something a little more useful. :)

• Like Like x 4
  12. Typing this super stoned from test syrup so forgive me if it’s choppy lol I would say like a 1/4 tsp because it does make your syrup pretty thick and I did the full tsp and my syrup is a sea moss consistency. I mixed it separately with a little cold water then added it to, sunflower lecithin, and simple syrup(1 cup) to a double broiler. I took my handblender and blended up till it was smooth and then stirred in my green dragon tincture made from rso. I then took that and combined it with 2 more cups of syrup to make a total of 3 cup so that I can have 50mgs per tablespoon for at total of 50 servings. It’s beautifully combined. No separating at all. And honestly it feels more potent.

• Like Like x 5
  13. This is how I started, I made a base syrup and thinned it out by adding more simple syrup. I kept it to the sugar ,water and xanthan. Curious about the lecithin and it's interactions.
    Could you post a pic if it is ok with Sam? I apologize for the intrusion.

• Like Like x 3

14. What intrusion? :huh:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. IMG_20200709_112945.jpg IMG_20200709_130636.jpg
    This!!!!!:roflmao:
    The gums work like you said, I am so excited for the next syrup batch.
    Breethecannaseur-thanks!!!!! Sam put up with a lot while I experimented with the different gums. If it's not too much trouble could you post anything remarkable like separation or crystallization.
    See, intrusive!I

• Like Like x 3
  16. Oh no you’re good. This is for all of us. Sharing is caring . I’m using this off of my phone so I’m trying to figure out how to add pictures lol

• Like Like x 5
  17. How can it be intrusive if it's something we all have an interest in and it's something that's been the main subject matter for a bunch of pages? Everybody benefits from it. :huh:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. It's a tincture thread and you give us a lot of latitude. It's meant in fun.:)

• Like Like x 4
  19. It's a tincture thread that specializes in using tincture to infuse other products. This falls squarely in that category. :ey:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. That's pretty good. No more stinking up the place, huh? Chicken gum doesn't sound too appetizing, though. ;)

• Like Like x 3