Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. So far you keep mentioning several different things in your posts. Decide on the product you'll try to make. If it's the apple pie then just stick to that and don't wander into grape or chocolate or one of the other things or what happens when you do that instead of this, at least for this instance and you can elaborate at another time.

We're just breaking @Breethecannaseur's clumpy syrup into 2 projects, one for you and one for me and both for her. You still have your chance but I would like you to break it down into followable steps like you did the one for me. If it works like we expect then you'll be repeating them often for others seeking enlightenment.

I am going to be reexploring my syrup processes but not so much for the same reasons as you. I may try to get them to clump since they don't usually. I'm going to try shatter, rso and GD, straight up and winterized, to see the differences in them and what it takes to clean up and how the other compounds can influence it. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 3
  2. I only mentioned the other syrup flavors as ideas that I use when I am testing the plain syrup that I have on hand. It is not a reference to the syrup I will do for the video, I am set on that.
    I'm going to back out of this so I don't make things worse, the communication will be clear and concise coming from you.
    Back to 4200.:D

• Like Like x 2
  3. No, no. You're helping with the apple pie syrup and repairing that part of her clumpy syrup. I'm not going near that because I don't have a clue and you said you'd do it. I'm just going to follow along.

The filtering part was something she and I had already discussed in pm before you posted. I didn't know if you'd be ready yet to help someone along so we were discussing other alternatives. This way we get two for one and I'm sure that she can do two things at once without breaking a sweat. cligner.gif

• Like Like x 2
  4. I plan to present a couple of items that will be considered more as a sidebar than major culinary masterpieces but you never know. Could be interesting, though.

One of these I'm stealing from BadKittySmiles and adding my own wrinkles. It's really the only thing of her's I've really wanted to do over the years but never got around to it. Now I am thanks to a couple of other references I've found elsewhere. I'm going to start playing with a citric acid extraction although "extraction" is a misnomer. Citric acid will decarb it but the alcohol/vinegar will extract it with alcohol being the best. BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

The other is more of a novelty like infused nuts or something and can be used as a topping or in other foods. It's also something BNW might like to play with since it involves bacon grease. I plan to infuse some bacon grease and turn it into powder. It can be done with other oils, too, and I plan to play with those but the first will be the bacon grease. I got my ingredients today and that's something I can check out pretty quickly. Maltodextrin seems to be the key for that but we'll see. yeux3.gif

• Like Like x 4
  5. There was a post that the separated syrup was not going to be recovered. Hope I didn't scare anyone away with my scattershot posting, I'm not even stoned-yikes!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. That shows us that you've got something going on. I think many of us, including myself, want to see what you can do after all your research. Don't worry about your words and just focus on the job at hand. We really won't bite. ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. #23888 PsychedelicSam, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    You're using the whole thing as a sampler? Well, no wonder. :hippie:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1

9. There is a shelf life to these syrups, I have gotten over 3 weeks from the flavored ones.
    It presents a problem for someone like me with low tolerance. I was in the 200 mg range when I was doing all the silly posting, trying to consume the early experiments before crystallization. That's why I settled on the cooks illustrated rich syrup recipe. It allows me to consume every other day and not lose product. Downside, incoherent thoughts and posts and occasional inappropriate comment.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Snicket's but but that's fun and entertaining

Sent with it's not a lie!?

• Like Like x 2
  11. 20200628_170937.jpg
    I have quite a bit more space in this apartment than the other I was in for 10 years so I won't be as jammed up for my projects. I can leave my gadgets in place and still have room to do other things. In this picture you can see that I have just decarbed a gram of shatter to begin my exploration of the "effect". I'm just starting out simple and studying it through those clear beverage bottles as I also gauge the onset.

I decarbed the shatter, Purple Chem about 75% or 750mg, and set it on the table for a while as I did other things. When I came back later I found something floating on top that looked like wax that could have formed due to the a/c but it wasn't like in a winterization. So I decided to winterize it and it's just about ready. When it's filtered I'll top it off to 15ml. That will be infused into 60oz of limeade for 7 100mg doses and a 50mg. And it will all be kept cold and possibly pour over ice for serving to see if any oils stick to it. :)

20200628_165219.jpg 20200628_170723.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Now this is something I would like to see the results of, If it eliminates the oven and smell and and produces the same results then its a winner in my books.

Maybe a few of the regulars in the thread can pool together and do a small funding run to help push it along?

• Like Like x 3
  13. Nice set up psam I also see some new toys there :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. This is going to be best with hash due to the volume of citric acid that would be needed. With bud you have to do small washes of bud at a time before the acid is used up then add them together. Hash appears to be the best application. That's why it may be a while until I can accumulate 5g. Unfortunately, that last idea is frowned upon by GC. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hash-Kief we have. The working space and time I don't. Let me see if Dr. M or Papa want to take on part of the processing side as I could get the Kief to either of them easy enough. Not sure what Kief I have on hand but the spring harvest hasn't been shaken yet. Couple hundred grams worth there.
    For Science and stuff... LOL
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. I franchised this thread to ReikoX so that he could share the info with Overgrow.com and he just mentioned that he tried the citric acid extraction and found that it was pretty good. He's been able to add a few things to the thread that I wouldn't have had a chance to do because he's a grower, too. He used BKS' guide but he's simplified it a bit. I think I'll read through hers for all the information and uses that she has for it. Here's ReikoX's version. :)

Not Just Another Tincture Thread

• Like Like x 4

17. Powdered Bacon Grease -- Virgin (practice)

finished powdered bacon grease  Virgin.jpg
    It wasn't real hard. 10g of bacon fat and 8g of maltodextrin and then it's like making a pie dough until it powders up. Tastes like sweet bacon. This was just practice and I'll infuse some in the next few days. There's all kinds of things you can powder. And infuse. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 3
  18. Wow, I feel like I'm back in school with all the knowledge here! Except this stuffs interesting!:)thnx Sam, congrats on new place n equipment, I got a magnetic hot plate other day too , did a sous vide decarb, very tasty:thumbsup:, but hard to regulate temp, and tho sealed , hot water expanded seal a meal bag:wacko:. I need to practice or get a real sous vide machine.

• Like Like x 4
  19. #23900 Joker1121, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    I made some PEZ and Smarties. These are well saturated. My lightweight friends OD on two- one is perfect. The recipe is one gram concentrate to 15 ml Everclear. Both candies have little indents which hold the tincture. The alcohol evaporates leaving the oil. The recipe originated here.

Attached Files:

• PEZ.jpg
      PEZ.jpg
      File size:
      14.4 KB
      Views:
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2