Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. yeah the kief is as old as the bud, couple months. think thats why it didnt workas good. what should i try this time different? should i getan end product of mabe 4oz instead of 3oz to avoid the bioavalible issue? i ended up takin the remainder(regret) and reducing it to an oil consistency and thought it'd be more potent and was wrong lol thats where i left off on this, took a decent workin product and ruined it . wanna try again really have faith in this stuff so far

I think that 4oz is a good place to start since you're using some kief, too. You can always reduce a little more if it needs it, but I wouldn't think that it would. The bioavailability issue doesn't really begin until it gets much lower. If you still have your oil you can reconstitute it into a tincture by adding more Everclear and if it's still not as good, you can use it as a base for another extraction.  :) 

3. Recipe for chocholate candies.

from  

MARIJUANA  
    Guide to  buying, growing, harvesting, Making Medical Marijuana Oil and Delicious Candies to treat Pain and Ailments.

By Mary Bendis   Second Kindle Addition

This is based on making Oil using the following recipe 1/4 oz Marijuana and 1/4 cup oil.

I am not getting into the best way to make oil, I asked that several days ago and got an answer.

However you get the 1/4 cup oil containing 7 grams is your business.

The recipe calls for Either the drained cannabis or 2 tablespoons of the cannabis oil.  (This recipe of 7 grams will make 200 pieces of medicated chocolate.)

2/3 cup chocolate chips or broken chocolate bars (whole cup if using oil)
    the cannabis (either the drained cannabis or 2 T of Cannabis oil)
    2 t mint extract
    2-3 packets splenda or equal or 1 T sugar (optional)
    2 T flour

Melt the Chocolate, mix in the other ingredients except for the flour.  Take off the heat and mix in the flour.

Line a 5'' x 5'' pan with two layers of plastic wrap.  Pour in the mixture and put in fridge to set.

If you do not like the consistency of the cooked cannabis you can add ground nuts or coconut to hide the cannabis.

The book suggests cutting it into 100 pieces and suggests one every 3-4 hrs for pain.  One will not get most people high, but it says it is enough for most people,   you could always take another or 2.

I have not tried this recipe.  I asked the oil vs Tincture question recently in anticipation of trying this.

If anyone tries this before me, please post how it went.

4. unfortunately i consumed it all in one sitting and got very sleepy if anything, def lost its bioavailability. im going to get some everclear soon and give it a go again.

I bet you did get sleepy! Let us know when you're ready and we'll help however we can.  :) 

6. #2367 PsychedelicSam, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    This is similar to the chocolate pieces I mentioned, smf, and I can give you a few pointers. First let me say that if you have the resources, it might do you some good to try making your oil by the traditional methods to get an idea of how each process compares to the others. If you really want to use the leftover plant material in the chocolates then making the oil directly from the cannabis would be the way for you to go. Using a solvent transfer from your Dragon makes for more dosing but after 2 runs the cannabis is pretty run down and doesn't make a good additive to chocolate without adding something to it to re-enhance it. If you make the oil with the cannabis and then use the plant material, you'll get everything out of it but pain dosing will be minimal at 200 servings, like a couple of aspirin unless you have no tolerance at all. Also be aware that cannabis plant material can be very upsetting to the digestive system. Using the oil itself should be sufficient though. 2 tablespoons is 1 fluid ounce of oil and 1/4 cup is 2oz, but I don't know of any way you can make oil, or anything else, out of 7g of any bud and get 200 potent doses out of it as an edible. I only count 20 servings per ounce now but when I used the traditional methods, I used the whole 7g output for just 20 servings.

I nearly always use nuts when I make my chocolate, and when I use the plant matter I add 2 or 3 different kinds of nuts and coconut and orange/vanilla flavoring. The plant material will change the flavor and consistency of your chocolate and the added sugar or other sweetener will be needed. I personally use sweetened condensed milk instead of a sweetener but that's up to you. If you don't use the plant, you can pour the chocolate directly into molds. I really think that there is a misprint in your recipe book about the number of servings. But what do I know? egyptien2 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

7. Wow! That's a lot of servings for a 1/4 oz. of MJ.
    With the solvent transfer I typically get 60-70 servings per 1/4 oz.

Please explain.  Besides tincture, which gives the most doses.

I agree that the recipe sounds weird, but I am really on the fence about trying it.  200 doses from 7 grams seems like a lot.  I will most likely wait until I get more medicine before I risk 1/4 - 1/3 of my monthly allocation.

If anyone has success with the recipe (either solvent transfer or cooking the MJ in oil directly.)  Please post.

Here's what we'll do, smf. I have all the ingredients on hand, nuts, chocolate, enhanced coconut oil, flavor extract, flour, the whole nine yards. I'll make your recipe using the oil only from a transfer and then you can see that it will be lucky to make 20 small pieces from that amount of chocolate. I can even make a version with plant material if you want, but I already have a freezer container full of my own. While they may be small pieces, they will be a good dose for pain and recreation. I'll take pictures and post the whole thing for you and anyone else who wants to see. It will be similar to the recipe earlier in the thread for fudge. Then we'll see with our own eyes.  :D 

10. SAM THE MAD BAKER[​IMG]

Thanks sam.  

I've just made it and am waiting for it to set up so I can take some final pics of theoretical dose size and real dose size. There's no way to get 100 doses but I can say it's really potent. I just licked out the bowl and I'm starting to cop a really good buzz, and I haven't smoked for a while. Really good, fast onset. Tastes like coconut since I didn't use the mint, using vanilla instead. I also used some crushed walnuts. It's delicious and doesn't take as much chocolate as fudge.  :yummy: 

Sam, you are the Best!!

100 doses sounds like a lot, but if you do the math it comes out to about the same dose as the tincture.

four math sake I will up the amount of plant matter to 7.5 grams in 3 oz everclear.

After the whole process you get 3 oz of 2.5 grams per oz.  Three oz is equal to 90 ml.  10 drops is less than 1/2 an ml so you have 200 doses there.

If you have success I can send you another candy recipe from same cookbook.

I also just found a link for a cannabis cookbook e-book.  Is it allowed to post the link (I don't want to violate the policies, but I don't feel like spending a bunch of time reading rules.  Not my forte.

If I can't post the link, am I allowed to send it directly if someone asks.

I have no idea if the cookbook is worthwhile, I just found the link today.

14. #2375 PsychedelicSam, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2013

Actually, smf, I am quite impressed with this. I've just finished the pictures and am getting ready to post the results. And it's a big A+ for me. I can even see where it could get 100 doses, but 75 would be better I think. I have pictures showing the size that a dose of 1/100 is. I ate it just now and I can feel it pretty well. It would make a good dose for daytime pain, especially if you used the Indica. It's very good and I want to thank you for the recipe. There are a couple of small things I did differently but just adjustments to the taste. The volume of ingredients and directions are the same as the one you posted. We should name it after you here in the thread. It's not an original recipe to that cookbook so you wouldn't be infringing. I have a couple of ideas for variations on the theme already. Thanks again. [​IMG]

By the way, you can post other off-site links. 

15. #2376 PsychedelicSam, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    sickmanfraud's CannaChocolate Dosing Squares

A few posts above, sickmanfraud posted a chocolate recipe and had a few questions on the best way to proceed. Instead of making suggestions, I decided to make it and document the process as well as test the supposed dosing size and this post is the result. Here's the recipe as posted:

Since I was using coconut oil made by solvent transfer instead of the plant material, I used a full cup of dark chocolate chips, along with 2 tsp of vanilla instead of mint (not a big mint fan), 1.5 tbsp of granulated sugar, 1oz (2 tbsp) enhanced coconut oil and 2 tbsp of flour and I used 26g of finely chopped walnuts..

smfchoc1.jpg

I placed the chocolate and sugar in a heavy saucepan and turned the heat to medium, stirring often. While the recipe says to add the oil and extract while heating, that's not what you want to do. When adding to many candy recipes, the extract is added at the end due to it being an alcohol extract. The alcohol flashes off the hot candy leaving the intense flavor behind. Anything involving THC and heat should have the THC product added at the end also to avoid any loss of potency from high candy temps. The flour was added after the oil and finally, I stirred in the nuts.

smfchoc2.jpg

After fully blending the ingredients after combining, I placed it in a 5x5 inch container and placed in the refrigerator to set. This picture shows that it's not very thick and makes one wonder about 100 doses.

smfchoc3.jpg

After about an hour in the fridge, I took it out of the container to cut the chocolate into 100 pieces.

smfchoc4.jpg

These two pictures are of one of those doses in size comparison shots. The amount of a dose is about half the size of a Hershey's Kiss and are a noticeable effect. It could be a hundred doses for daytime or mild tolerance. And as smf says, you can always eat two.

smfchoc5.jpg smfchoc6.jpg

You could wrap them individually in plastic wrap if you have the patience and keep them in the fridge. These would have less chocolate and calories than a piece of fudge or a brownie and the dosing could be more effective.

I'm glad I made these. I had been running out of fudge and these will work well. I declare this a PsychedelicSam Approved Recipe. yes (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

16. #2377 sickmanfraud, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2013
    Sam,

Thanks for trying out the recipe.  I am glad it was a success. 

Just for confirmation, your one ounce of enhanced oil represented 7 gm?

Also, could you add regular oil to the recipe and then add the GD and have the solvent transfer occur during the heat of the chocolate melting (after removing from heat)?

One more question about this, did you eat the chocolate square or melt in your mouth?  

Think there would be a difference in absorption??

Yeah, the chocolate is good. A larger dose is better but if a person doesn't have a high tolerance and didn't want to be real buzzed, just pain relief, then those doses would work. 

I get 3oz from 7g using the Dragon. Your cooked method was only going to get you 2oz plus the plant material. The Dragon transfer gives you a much cleaner and tastier end product without the mess. If you want a stronger single dose, reduce your 3 oz of Dragon to 2 oz and then use half for the chocolate. When you make your oil by cooking the cannabis, you can't make it more concentrated if you wanted but with the Dragon, you can make that ounce (2 tbsp) any potency you want. 

I believe that you should make the oil by cooking at some point so that you can experience the difference, but you should wait until you get some excess. Maybe ask your dispensary if they have any sugar trim for sale. Some dispensaries here do and you can often get a lot more for your money. That would be the ideal thing to use if you can get it. 

I usually let the candies, including chocolate, melt in my mouth as long as possible because it can be absorbed like a sublingual dose. Your idea for the transfer will not work. The transfer needs heat to evaporate the alcohol and there's not enough after you remove it. If you leave it on the heat while trying to evaporate the alcohol, you'll overheat the chocolate and ruin it. You take one ounce of your GD and transfer it to 1oz of the oil first.  :) 

18. just finished my batch of gd!! this is my second time makin this and everything went super smooth :)  ended up using 7g of Burmese kush 1g kief and 4g of some stuff I found at the bottom of the jars lol reduced it to 3oz and holy shit just took .25ml and im now a true believer for sure, within 5min hit me like a brick and 10min in can barley type will def be posting pics of my run thanks sam for the info and quick answers :)  

19. #2380 PsychedelicSam, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    greenstars (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif We'll be looking forward to the pics, wafflestomper. Welcome to the "True Believers Club". jammingout (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif