Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Damn, wish I'd have known that before buying the glycerin.   :confused:   But thanks, I didn't know that.  I though I had read some reasons not to use coconut oil, but can't seem to find them now.  Oh well, for now I'll stick with vaporizing and smoking until I've read more.
    Thanks again man.

2. #2282 PsychedelicSam, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Don't get me wrong. Some people really like the glycerin and there can be reasons for choosing one medium over another such as allergies or digestive issues. I have a friend who's allergic to coconut and know some people who don't have the receptors for alcohol absorption. Do like I said with the hash and an ounce of the glycerin to see how it works for you. You may be in for a pleasant surprise. I just want to make you're aware of the pros and cons. You may like it a lot and I hope you do. I don't like vaping either. I'm just an old fart set in my ways, I guess. kickme (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

3. SAM! guess what??

So... a friend brought me a liter of 190 proof. My crop is almost all gone so I couldnt make any real dragon. So my girlfriend got into it and next thing you know it's half drank! Well, before she drinks it all I figure I'll try something... I grabbed my 3 chamber grinder and clesned it with the 190. Tgen I grabbed my baggy of keif and put it in the 190. I dont know how much went in weight wise, but it was a bit... so I take that, (it was in a large glass bowl) put it in a container, shake the heck out of it and put it back in the freezer. Repeated a couple times and ended up with 6 oz. Mixxed 1 oz with an oz of pepsi and took that a little at a time and held each mouthfull as long as possible. I'm wasted! Lol and its not the booze. Lol I'm well seasoned and regularly drink VERY strong drinks and don't get this... this is unreal!!! K im too messed up to keep talking. I'll check back in thd morbing and see if this even makes sence... :s lol yay!!!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #2284 PsychedelicSam, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Hey, there, mr_g. It sounds like you got a success on your hands, although I wouldn't have done an ounce, maybe a ml. You can make a great Dragon with kief. And now you don't need to have 190 proof alcohol to have a potent 151 Dragon now by using kief. You don't have to reduce it and get what you had the last time. The guide is a few pages back or in the Dragon Like thread. Let us know tomorrow if you remember anything from tonight in the "morbing". You can see that you're getting more and more wasted with each word your were typing. ressort (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

5. I didn't get a chance to try the tincture this morning. I'm having work done at my house and there were workers here.

I didn't want to try it out not knowing how it was going to affect me with strange people in the house.  I'm going to see about taking some tomorrow. I have to have to make sure everyone is going to be gone tomorrow.

6. I wonder if mr_g has recovered yet.  :rolleyes: 

7. I think I am going to take some before bed soon cause I need a good night's sleep. I am kind of worried about that bioavailability
    you were talking about. I haven't vaped in a long while so I should be able to tell how much different it makes me feel.

8. #2288 mr_goodwrench_0, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2013
    Lol I've recovered. So the reason I did so much was because I didn't think it would be very strong so I thouht I'd mix it like a drink... lol it was really fun. :) yesterday I tried a ml under my tongue and held it for 17 seconds. It burnt like hell! It wasn't enough though so I think its weaker than the normal dragon, but not so weak that I need an oz. Lol I've got 10 plants going and a friend thats gonna keep bringing me bottles everytime he goes to the states. If I go outdoors with my plants, I'll be making some real dragon in October. Otherwise it'll be sooner. Lol here's some pics of my current grow...

I'll try 5 ml later today and see how that goes. ;)

Lol I was so wrecked...
    :D I even had an aha moment. I litterally laughed out loud when I noticed it. :p
    Sent from my SGH-I317M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

9. Sent from my SGH-I317M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

I hope it worked for you and that you got some good sleep. Let me know your results and we'll figure out if you need to reconstitute it a little bit or whatever.  :)

11. #2291 PsychedelicSam, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Those are looking pretty good, mr_g. I wish they were mine or I should say that I wish I had the ability to have some like that. Those will make some good Dragon.

I figured that you'd have your "Aha!" moment when you said an ounce. :ey:

12. here's a digital copy of my lab results for the coconut oil capsules
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. How did you obtain this?

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

It looks like your decarb is great but you'd have to take 10 capsules if that's what they used for sample size. Or did they just take a drop? I wish the testing was as easily available here. I've looked around here but there's nothing going yet. I'd like to know CBD and CBN content, too.  :)

15. I finally took some of my GD tonight. I took half of a dropper which turned out to be 12 drops on my tongue. It was the worse tasting thing I have ever tasted. I had to hurry and get some gum.

But! it seems to be working  . I can definitely feel it. I am sure I have a pretty high tolerance cause I vape all throughout the day and evening, every day, til about 1am.

I feel pleasantly stoned at the moment.

16. I'm seriously considerning taking some more though. I probably will do that in al little bit. I am going to have to use a small amount of juice though. Straight was way too nasty.  I took it one hour after dinner so my stomach was not empty. It's only 9pm and I want to feel good and sleepy by midnight.

What do you think, Sam?

I think that you should wait a while before you do more. It's only been a few minutes since your last post and if you did it then, give it a little while to experience the full effects before you do more. Your tolerance isn't nearly as high as mine is both smoking and tincture. The buzz is different with this. But since you still haven't bothered to try it yet without vaping all day and night, then all of that doesn't matter. Do more if you want since it's late, the orange juice is fine. When you're ready to really find out how good it is, make it your first thc of the day. You've never said what strain of frosty trim you were using. That will make a difference.  :)

18. I put 5 more drops in some juice and I feel perfect now. I did that at 10pm and it's midnight.

I didn't vape all day because I had my grandson. So I thought it was a good time to try it out.

That's good, Oregondaisy. At least now we don't have to worry about the bioavailablility aspect for you. Now that you've got the feel for it, it should get better as you learn how use it. It's important to have that first good experience because after that, everything seems to fall into place. Believe me, once you've started experiencing the full effects, your life will change.  ;) 

20. #2300 poplars, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
    they just took a drop.

each capsule is equivalent to about 85MG of thc (and corresponding dosages of the other available cannabinoids..) sorry you don't have testing where you're at... it's SO enlightening... I felt better than I ever have about my methods after getting it tested.

there was absolutely NO CBN :)  but sadly no CBD as well. 

• Like Like x 1