Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Man came out great I do admit I only let it sit for a hour in freezer but kief was nice and settled.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. So been following thread and doing my first reduction now. Just wanted to chime in. im still at like pg 15 havenet read through whole thread yet. But for flavoring has anyone tried using terps? Been making cbd ejuice with them for about a yr now and wouldnt go back. Thanks sam for all that you do

• Like Like x 1
  3. That depends on how concentrated you made it. There's 30-40 drops in a dropper and 30ml in the ounce. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sweet so I started with 4 and noticed a pretty good head buzz. My wife took 2 and nothing so Im about to try 4 more and her 2 more. Should be fun

• Like Like x 2
  5. Well, hey there, sacredshaman. Thanks for participating in our little community here. Sit for a spell.

Flavoring gets brought up a few pages beyond where you are now as a way to moderate the burn. However, we get pretty heavily into terpenes further back. I'm a big fan of terpenes. I even have a process for a natural decarb that leaves the terpenes that are normally flashed off during a heated decarb. Many of us here also add terpenes to our GD and oils after the fact. I really think they add another dimension to the effects. I also make a CBD oil with a 5% solution of terpenes. dragon (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 1

6. With the kief you're getting a concentrate that has all the goodies and very little of any of the other plant compounds so you won't get a full extract product but it will be full spectrum. It will give you a very potent RSO but a smaller yield than flower. Also, kief RSO could very well give you a potency of 80+% while a whole plant RSO will give you 60%. :mellow:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. I have used terps for flavoring but I dab over anything else I’m not sure for flavoring as of tincture wise terps would be good unless you like certain bud tastes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Terpenes are responsible for a large portion of the benefits associated with cannabis. It's not about the taste but the effects. :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. I just like the flavoring, taking a rip of sunset sherbet/honeydew flavored CBD juice after a few rips of a bowl is fantastic. But an inner part of me probably likes the effects as well...it's all connected. I took a ml of the dragon I just reduced about 2 hrs ago. Felt it almost immediately, but it was really pronounced after a few bowl rips. Made some gummies out of distillate a few days ago, curious to see how a batch with the dragon would compare. That's how I came across this thread. Will keep everyone posted.

• Like Like x 2

10. I'll need to look into full extract verse full spectrum product to which is more benifical

When doing a mct transfer for use as a sublingual should I use sunflower lecithin?

I've searched the thread and seen both yes and no has there been any conclusion? If yes how much is the recomended amount for 30ml?

Will be either granual or powder but most likely the former.

If I end up doing some GD with Kief then I would do it in a tincture first before RSO

• Like Like x 1
  11. Could I use coffee filters until I get water filter and other filter? Or it won't work?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. "Full extract" is whole plant. An old fashion RSO is full extract. "Full spectrum" usually refers to cannabinoids and terpenes. You can have a full spectrum without it being a full extract but most cannabis products using distillate or other concentrates aren't either.

You can use lecithin in your oil if you want. It's up to you. Brass uses a 1:6 ratio of lecithin to oil. However, don't add the lecithin until after your transfer is complete. Don't use it at all for GD. :mellow:

• Like Like x 1
  13. It’ll work but it takes a long time and you won’t achieve the results ive come across but coffee filters will work as long as the material stays cold going through the coffee filters. If it warms up the plant matter becomes a liquid again and your just repeating it over and over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ok thanks a bunch dude

Sent from my SM-G973F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. Just wanted to share a piece of my stash (the rest is in the time capsule haha). Hash oil, dragon oil and caps - the only products I use since I stopped smoking and I'm amazed by the results. @PsychedelicSam once more thank you for all research! I stopped smoking since I got pneumothorax, but this products got me back in the game. Now 8 months later... I can smoke, but I will never start again. This products are lots more potent than smoking no matter what. The problem lots of people have is the tolerance - even a joint contains lots more than you need to achieve effects. Lots of people today are dabbing and sh*t... this will build your tolerance sky high and even smoking a regular joint will not work anymore. It's not that the oils/caps/tinctures are not effective, but the tolerance. I experienced it my self after smoking 2-3 grams daily for 10 years. After almost 4 weeks in hospital (my t-break), I got out and small dose as max 4 drops got me so blasted the only think I could do is looking at my self in the mirror how wasted I am an laughing at it... it sounds funny but it looks weird to my family haha. Ever since than I didn't build up any tolerance... I am wasted as sh*t every time I get this very same dose. My point is - if you want to experience the full potential of your weed and take the most out of it - don't smoke... you waste your material. If your tolerance is that high like mine was (or higher...) take a t-break for 2-3 weeks and begin with the oils/caps. You will be amazed.
    72283949_745051186009781_1261064091015839744_n.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. I guess it's a good thing you found the City. :gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. So that clears it up for me then. I get the full spectrum (benefit) of the cannabinoids and terpenes with a Kief - hash product without all the plant like tasting materials. and a stronger product with less steps and easier process.

For those of us who don't have the luxury of knowing the potency of our kief or hash, how would we calculate the potency using the standard 15% that is used as a base for flower?

We would also be able to do this as a natural decarb right?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Depending on the material you use for the kief it should run about 40% maybe 50% and you'd estimate from there. 40% would be 400mg/g. It's nearly all trichomes which makes it a concentrate. Trim may give you 30%. You'll just figure your potency like that.

Yes, natural decarb works for that, too. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 2
  19. Thanks for the info, yea I tried to decarb a few times until the bubbles stopped and noticed it was really heavy high, so I have a 6 chamber silicone holder that I just leave in the oven for pre heat and do 240 for 45 mins and let it cool down in there, its still bubbling when it's cool but its good to go. And I got 6 doses I can throw in almost anything that I'm cooking

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  20. I've searched a bit but couldn't find the answer is the high from sugar infused GD faster to hit? or more intense due to the sugar?

• Like Like x 2