Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Here's a good thread for autos and help.
    Need help with autos? Welcome

Do you have a loop to check where there at can't tell with your pictures. USB microscope work well.

Sent with my new and improved pet rock v7.9

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hey Sam! I have been chatting with https://forum.grasscity.com/members/backwoods_.1035984/ About making a simple syrup out of BHO. So, after decarb I refrigerate until solid just for handling. Before infusing the syrup I thin with a little everclear just to help blending to the warm syrup. I don’t think that the proof here is a big deal since theoretically we’re already at complete extraction. Only problem might be just extra water?

2nd Question for this awesome group of cannabis wizards.... Does the alcohol impact the chemistry of the syrup? I figured not since we use stuff like flavored extracts (vanilla, almond etc.) to flavor all kinds of sugar suspensions. Maybe impact storage temp or time?

• Like Like x 1
  3. After you decarb the concentrate you don't want to put it in the refrigerator because that will make it harder to work with. I suggest adding a small amount of alcohol to it while warm and fully dissolve the BHO in it first. It isn't going to matter if it's lower proof as long as it mixes completely.

For a simple syrup I would use the alcohol mix and infuse the sugar first and then use the sugar and water to make the simple syrup. It will be a thin syrup. You can add some corn syrup to it to thicken it if desired. Heat it until it all disperses. Some use a bit of lecithin or glycerin but I've never seen the need.

You can also just infuse corn syrup and it's just like honey. Decarb the BHO, add a bit of alcohol and add it to the honey. Heat the syrup until the alcohol has evaporated and the cannabis oil has dispersed. All the syrups will take about 180°F and will need steady stirring and scraping of the sides. Flavoring and coloring can be added when complete.

The alcohol doesn't change anything since it evaporates off.

I've been thinking there's a need to do some more syrups and it's been a while since I made some. So there's another project to add to my growing list. :yummy:

• Like Like x 2
  4. This talk of making something has motivated me to do so. I just whipped up a batch of chocolate using cocoa butter, cocoa powder, honey, vanilla and a gram of distillate. I just finished it and am using my new cannabis leaf molds. Of course, as usual I made a mess thanks to my shaky hands but an overall good job. I checked the temperature all the way because these are supposed to be room stable although I'm not sure that will happen. I had to use an ounce of coconut oil because I ran out of cocoa butter.

I have licked the bowl so I'll soon know if it at least works. Since it didn't happen without pics, I'll post one or two when they're ready, good or bad. :ey:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. #21726 PsychedelicSam, Jul 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    honey chocolate 1.jpg
    Here's my proof. And this is sitting on the table with no melting and it can be handled without it melting in your fingers. This is the best I've made so far, by far, and it was pretty easy. Just the usual 4 ingredients but I needed to use 5, cocoa butter and cocoa powder, vanilla and honey. The 5th item was an ounce of coconut oil to make up for a being short on the cocoa butter. And then the magic ingredient, 1g of distillate.

I used this recipe and it's a winner. Didn't even have to put it in the fridge to cool. I just added the distillate while I was heating the cocoa butter/oil so that it would get fully infused. I have been licking the bowl and lapping up the other mess from pouring and now I am really beginning to feel it. This may be a wild ride. I had 24 chocolates but I lost a few because I didn't oil the molds first. Even though they are silicone, the leaf structure makes them easy to break. I have 18 here and the other 6 are in pieces.

Honey Sweetened Chocolate Recipe - Solid at Room Temperature

The distillate is about 90%, 900mg, and if you divide that by 24 servings then each one is about 35mg. I've already devoured the equivalent of about 4 of them so things are starting to get interesting right about now. vil-surveille.gif

Edit: The chocolate is still stable at room temperature 5 days after making. It's supposed to stay that way for 6 months but they won't be around nearly that long to verify it.

This is a dark chocolate that is not real sweet. I used Hershey's Special Dark cocoa for this so it made it even darker. The 2 tablespoons of honey wasn't quite enough to dampen the bitterness so I'd call it a bittersweet chocolate. I happen to like it because I won't eat too much at a sitting but if you don't like yours this way then you may want to use a little more honey and regular or milk chocolate cocoa powder.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Alrighty... You make the syrup and I'll whip us up a batch of buttermilk pancakes. I guaran-dam-t when you finish this breakfast, you'll not look for an egg McMuffin for a while!! LOL

• Like Like x 4
  7. I actually did buy a USB microscope from Amazon. Works on my laptop and my LG Rebel 4 Tracfone smartphone as well. Comes with a dual adaptable USB connector. Just flip it up and connects to phone, leave down and regular USB to plug into laptop.

I think taking a small slice and bringing inside to view on the microscope will be the best bet. No shaking from the plant and holding the camera as it has a nice little stand that hold it. Link:

• Like Like x 4
  8. Woot! Thanks Sam, for once I wasn’t off track! As for the refrigeration after decarb, was just for ease of handling and avoiding wasting any BHO on the silicone or bakers parchment.

Your chocolate is beautiful! My dad taught me to make fudge in an old iron skillet and if you had to refrigerate, it meant it was not properly cooked and would never be firm and beautiful. Thanks Sam, I keep trying to learn something from you guys but keep eating the pages from the book!
    :thankyou:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yummmy, I’m thinking we go Canadian and go for maple!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maple syrup infuses very well. I've done it. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 4
  11. Yummmm, would be my first choice with French toast! Would be an awesome Sunday brunch with bacon. I’m thinking bacon could keep you sailing for a long time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Really nice chocolate recipe... note to me... decarb some more distillate tomorrow.... I see honey chocolate in my crystal ball! :rave-girl:

• Like Like x 3
  13. You don't need to decarb distillate. :)

• Like Like x 3
  14. CO2 clear? Which is also distillate? I think... maybe?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Usually around here if it has "clear" designation then it's distillate. Is it in a syringe? :huh:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Perhaps not, Co2 processing still remains the bigger mystery to me. I know that it uses low temps and pressure with the CO2, also temp can vary in the process. I assumed there is still some distillation process?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Oh yes, almost clear syringe.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mostly I buy RSO, but clear is great for candy.

• Like Like x 2
  19. I googled "CO2 Clear" but couldn't find anything other than their cartridges. It sounds like distillate that you have but you may want to ask whomever you got it from. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 2