Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Check out Storm Crow's list. :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Extracted concentrates are going to run 70-80% or a little higher. Many dispensaries do list the percentages on their menus. However, there are some that don't test them at all but do test their flowers. They may be small operations where the cost is prohibitive. And it's usually the really cheap grams which are perfect for edibles.

Because it's concentrated you've got a known range. I use 70% for them unless the dispensary lists it on the menu or will tell you. They're more likely to give you the concentrate results. Those that you pictured are in the 80% range. I'm familiar with that brand.

Unfortunately, there is no way to be absolutely sure unless you can have it tested beforehand and that's just not practical. Because you do know that range, though, you're able to estimate pretty accurately. I don't expect you to take my word about that but, you see, I have hundreds of lab tests that I've been able to use to draw those conclusions.

Use your best guess then proceed with your oil and then test the final results. That also lets you know how successful your decarb was. That's how I did it. Unless you've got an outlet like that then there's only the best guess, just like flowers. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 2
  3. #21263 PsychedelicSam, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    That should be good, Heavn, just like the last. The 2 less grams won't matter. You could even go 9oz each since I usually recommend 3oz per 7g = 9oz for 21. Good luck with not decarbing especially since it's been stored in the freezer. :mellow:

Those buds are lined up like good little soldiers off to do their duty.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lurking is encouraged. Howdy, GTG. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks. Me, too. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Thanks. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Don't you worry about me i will keep. You worry about you. Hope you are ok. Get better soon Sam.

Sent with my mangled wad of paper, string, and plasticy bits....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Oh yay I did remember correct. Woohoo. Thank you . Though it wasn't in the freezer for two years it was in my closet. It's broken down and now I'm the freezer though . I'm hoping to finish the 3 bog today. Reclaiming in the iso I hope lol. I got confused reading the directions. So hubby gonna help me.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hey Sam. Just checking in seeing how you doing. You said you was at the er the other day so hope all is better?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ok I can't find it in the index. Is it a cup of sugar and an ounce of GD to make cannasugar? I forgot it's been a min.

11. Hi, Joker. I was reading through that thread about pepper/piperine, and thought I'd see if I was able to identify a longer-lasting effect during my session.

Of course, as luck would have it, I had trouble with my vaporizer's battery charge, so I did not have a standard session. The same thing happened my second try. So, my big 4/20 purchase this year was a new digital recharger and two new batteries for my Arizer Solo.

I'll be trying some more pepper tests. I'll probably use oil cartridges for those tests, since that's what I'm most used to, and that's the method that could really use some longer-lasting effects in my book.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yes, that's right. You can use more or less or make it more concentrated but I have found that a ounce is just right to moisten it all. :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Not so good, Heavn. This is the first time I've been able to sit up at any time today without my head spinning too much but I think I'm going back to bed. There may be an additional reason my head it spinning, too. I took a 100mg Afgani shatter cap to ensure I slept through the pain. I'll approach that a little more carefully. I added some myrcene, limonene and beta-caryophyllene to give it a boost.

If I can stay upright this evening I'll try to chime in again. fouhelico (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 6
  14. I am turning a bit of Green Dragon into coconut oil caps and decided to add some black pepper. Unfortunately I am not scientific in how I approach these things so it will be hard to recreate the recipe. I am waiting for the last of the alcohol to evaporate naturally before I cap it up. I'm anxious to hear your results with the pepper.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hope you feel better soon Sam. The things I’ve learned from you are the basis for the best medicines that I’ve found. It’s simple stuff from learning to work with alcohol and making my own medicated lotions. Your such a blessing to so many Sam!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Please take care of yourself. The internet can always wait. You and your health matter way more.

Thanks for everything you do

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Ok so here's the 3 bears 23 grams with 20 ounces of alcohol reduced to 10 ounces. I have no idea what that comes to now. Or what's in a dropper? Anyone on the break down for that I'd appreciate it I also put it in the freezer after final reduction and then restrained it just for shits n giggles.

IMG_20190424_102911.jpg IMG_20190424_112305.jpg IMG_20190424_112309.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. Joker: make sure you are using fresh ground black pepper and not the stuff you buy in the store that is already ground up

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I have my latest batch of GD ready to cap. Started with 2 oz of weed and have finally reduced it down to 30ml (pretty dark) I added 30ml of MCT oil so I am capping 60ml. I have decided to cap half of it as it sits now and the balance I will add ground turmeric and piperine and cap that.
    I will report back as to which I like better

• Like Like x 4
  20. Pff... I hope I didn't f*cked up my decarbing... my oven is playing tricks on me. It almost reached 250F... maybe it was 248-249 for about 3-4 minutes. Did I burned my material? :( pff...