Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. I teach "Cannabis Tincture 101" and a few advanced classes but that's it...ever. When I first started there was no one around who would really take the time to explain things so we were left to our own devices. I try to go into as much detail as I can so that others don't have to go through that same uncertainty. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Guys, when you reduce your tincture to RSO or even more solid, do you do the second strain through a paper coffee filter?

3. No, you wouldn't be able to strain it then but you wouldn't need to. You shouldn't have anything that needs straining if you're reducing it. What happened? :huh:

• Like Like x 1
  4. I only strain once through a 160 micron mesh at time of squeezing. Fairly wide filtering. Nowhere near as fine as a paper filter.

[​IMG]
    Quick wash 30 second Tincture.
    If requested by a patient I will custom soak as long as required. 2 have so far, one a 24 hour, the other was 3 days.

[​IMG]

Recover Alcohol

[​IMG]

Evaporate the cup of water I deliberately add to the tincture when I fill the still. Keeps the oils suspended in the still and makes cleaning it up a far faster job.
    [​IMG]

Resulting Tar and oils. To this I add an equal amount of Coconut oil and 1/6th Lecithin of the total volume and that is my RSO after a short 20 min @ 220 F.

The Coconut oil-Lecithin blending gives me a far stronger RSO base then the raw tar has alone.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  5. PSam, I didn't meant at the end, but before starting to evaporate. If I make liquid tincture I would run it through paper coffee filter to get rid of the residue, but I just wasn't sure if it is needed when reducing fully.

6. Okay, then. Yes, you should filter if you are making RSO otherwise there will be all that grit that gets through the straining. It can gum things up near the end a bit if you don't. Filtering will keep it clean like the tincture. :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. BNW what is going on with that setup how's it work?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Same basic methods.
    Decarb
    Wash to tincture
    Recover Alcohol with small Still(most let it evaporate).
    Finish Evaporation.
    Tar-oil-RSO base.

The Still does both redistill off the shelf 120-151 proof to a more pure state 180-190 range.
    Recovers Alcohol from Tincture. If you do very much of this is it gets expensive to let Booze to evaporate to air.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  9. Does anyone have any idea for DIY recovery system, small scale? When I make tincture from leaves and stuff I end up using a lot of alcohol. I have no skills or equipment to make one myself, but any ideas or preferably pictures would help me to ask a friend to make one for me. At the moment I am evaporating with a coffee pot and a coffee maker, so something that would somehow fit a small system like that. I have an idea how they work, 'cause my dad used to make moonshine when I was a kid. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. [​IMG]

This was right at $100.00 and is 3 gallons capacity. I run off a gallon of Tincture at a time usually.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same basic unit.
    [​IMG]
    They do sell countertop 1 gallon distillers but I've not looked at them closely.

[​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Hey guys, it's me once more! Well... to make the long story short - 3 days ago I rushed into hospital with serious pain in my breasts... after short scan, they found I have - pneumothorax. English is not my mothers language, so the one who don't know what this, search it on the internet. So... I decided straight away to quit tobacco smoking, because if I keep smoking, it increases the risk of pneumothorax happening again. I smoked between 10 and 20 cigs daily, but I don't think quit tobacco will be an issue after spending couple of days in hospital in the lungsdepartment, seeing some things and ofcourse... experience some things, but anyway, thats not the subject.
    As I quit smoking tobacco, I will limit my weed smoking to once a month! Something I did daily... lots of. Maybe I smoked 10-20 cigs a day, but I believe the last month I smoked about 10 joints a day hash and weed. I must be carefull with my usage so I can keep the day going on with 2 grams... this is ridiculous. Abusing weed is something I advice every weed lover not to do! As you will experience little to none effect at all even after smoking a high quality butt. The effect is not the same... far from it! I have smoked nothing in 3 days so I believe my tolerance is going down... thanks god!
    I was really afraid of what is going to happen... and at the moment I still am, as I am still in the hospital. I feel a lot better and I can breathe normal again... so this give me big rest. Today I got my THC honey in hands... what a magic feeling is this! Now after not smoking for couple of days, I can feel better and describe better the effects of the honey elixir. It burns very softly.... and the effects are building slowly, but it takes you to ride pretty fast! After 15mins you are good to go... haha, but the effects don't smack you in the head like smoking does. The effect is the same, but it's rather building up, than smacking you in the face. This is also the first day I didn't took any painkillers! And I feel really great... without experiencing any pain! At this moment I have 10-15cm injection between my ribs into my chest, which sucks the air which is holding my lungs from coming into place.... so you can imagine this is not very painless experience, but from 0 to 10 I can put my pain literally... to 0. The days in the hospital my appetite was gone... 3 days I ate very little, I think mostly of the stress. Even when I was hungry, I ate a little bit and I couldnt take any more. After using literally not more than 3 drops under my tongue... my eyes are red... I am very uplifted... without any f*cking pain, and I ate 2 meals - bread, eggs, fish, yogurt, I ate a whole pizza by my self, fries and now I am eating some bread with cheese and salami haha.. this is really unbelievable. This tincture makes me feel so amazing... And I am going to make more as soon as I am out of here.
    It is a little bit offtopic, but I think this can be a good info for others like me. I wish nobody to experience this, but if you do... this tinctures work amazing for recreational use... as well as all of the medical benefits! Once you experience this, you will feel very stupid for smoking your material all the time... it's just waisting. This is my conclusions from years of smoking. Make tinctures.... caps or oil... the best and the strongest way to go!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Oh, wow, I'm sorry to hear about your collapsed lung but I'm glad that you're getting better. My thoughts and best wishes go out to you.

It really makes me feel good that you're having such good results with the honey. It is really good when in a situation like yours especially. It really doesn't get enough credit. It's good whenever we get someone like you who has used it for pain or other trauma. The fast onset is especially desired. I had severe back surgery a few years ago and was able to take some honey to the hospital with me and it made a big difference in my recovery.

The fact the you have no pain at all is outstanding. And it gave you one heck of an appetite, too, by the sound of it. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thanks @BrassNwood , lots of ideas there. I had no idea you can use those water filtering thingies for that. Checked the local Amazon, some of them are really expensive 500 to 700 EUR, but found some cheaper ones as well. I cannot have a large system like yours, because I live in suburb and have no privacy out front and the back is just a small storage area.

I'll show your pics to a friend of mine, maybe I'll get him all excited about it. :) Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. @tzorge And that is dead cheap as well! Maybe it is time to practise my German for good cause :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ebay sell it all over, from china is the one i got, for something like 30 eur.
    Paid itself in 2 runs.

• Like Like x 1
  16. @PsychedelicSam @BrassNwood I have tried both recepies. Both of them have their pros and cons - tinctures are lots more easy to dose... and to share with others! My girlfriend doesnt smoke or use weed at all, but sometimes she likes to get buzzed. For someone without any tolerance, 1-2 drops of tincture sublingual (prefer it over solving it in a drink for example) will give her pretty strong buzz and as I can see her, it doesnt different a lot than smoking a joint for example. The effects of the tincture are more close to regular joint/spliff/bong hit, whatever you do.
    Caps are good, but they are more difficult to dose. Anyway... I've seen experienced smokers getting pretty serious state from caps... :D especially if they underrate the product!!! Its like a revenge for the disbelieve... haha! Caps can make the game pretty serious! Without joke, one of my band mates ended in the emergency room with severe panic attack after using just one cap. He spended the whole night in night care. They made a film of his heart rate and run some other tests, but everything was normal, so they putted him to sleep till the next morning and everything was okay. It is unnecessary to say, he is never going to try this again. And will never disbelieve it again :D :D :D!
    This are 2 different products.... and every 1 of them have pros and cons. I use both... it depends what kind of effect I want to achieve. I am using tinctures all the day actually.... especially with the honey - I just go to WC as I like to watch my self in the mirror when I take it sublingual. Pls dont think I have some strange fetish :p it just feel more comfortable as I see the amount of honey I am using. Before doing that I assure my mouth is dry as much as possible, so I the honey can stay as long as possible under my tongue. How longer you let it stay under your tongue, how better it will be absorbed. Honey gets absorbed slower than alcohol, so just let the honey stay under your tongue as long as possible. Be patient and you wont regret! At the end of the day, if I am into it, I will take 1 cap before 2 hours before going to bed. The effects of the cap are coming up slowly, but once they work, it's a dream like state. For me... it takes 30-60mins to hit me, but once it works, I can make very funny conversations with my mother for example... spending 1 hour of total fun, laughing about stupid things and having a great time. After that I am sleeping like baby the whole night... This effects can not be achieved or compared to smoking... not in any way. They hit pretty hard and most possibly will make you unusable to work for example, so I don't prefer to use them early in the day as for sure the rest of it, I will be unusable. A little trick I use sometime with caps is to use the half of it in my coffee for example. It work, but it dirty and most probably you will spill your product, dumping lots of it, if you do it daily. Or just buy different sizes of caps ;)!

If it's all good and well, tomorrow I can go home. The very same day I will start making my new batch... this time using my top material for this purposes. I've never used buds to make tincture and top hash to make caps, but the results were pretty good. I have about 10grams of very high grade amnesia haze which I am going to make into tincture... most probably 30ml of honey. Next to that... yes - I am going to make some more caps, but this time I will use my morrocan charas. This hash looks like afghani - black on the outside, green on the inside, but it smells sweety/flowery/spicy like traditional morrocan and its very very soft... the only difference between this and afghani is the smell. Afghani have this typical minty smell/flavor, which this morrocan charras dont have. As I don't want to play a game with my lungs, I will use all the material I have home to smoke for making caps and tinctures. I am switching all the way to caps and tinctures and quit smoke all the way.

Now I can clearly compare the different methods of medicating because of the tolerance break I must take. If I can give any advise to someone... stop smoking weed - you are just abusing this great flower. I think marijuana is very good stimulant for your organism - it gives you good spiritual mood, which is very important for your overall health; it is pretty strong painkiller; it gives you good appetite - in my case very important to bring my organism back to normal as fast as possible. Smoking weed may be fast as you don't need to cook it, easier to dose as you can put the joint out if you are high, and you might think it's the strongest way of ingesting, but you are totally wrong. Smoking weed harms you lungs, no matter how you smoke it; the medical benefits of it are minimized and the tolerance you are building can grow pretty fast.

And the most important - if you think caps/tinctures dont work... well stop using shit material to make it. Just make it your self with the same material/quality you will smoke and please share your results. Don't try to tell me how tincture don't work if you try to make tincture out of trim.... this trim won't work also if you smoke it, so how the f*** you think you will make good tincture out of it? You need THC.... so don't be affraid to use high quality weed/hash to make your caps/tincture. The caps I made from mid grade hash sended 39 year old guy into night care... I've never seen such effects out of smoking even the best weed/hash here in the Netherlands. Last time my brother saw me making tincture was laughing all the time how I am waisting material I could smoke... after 3 drops of it, he didn't managed to get home and he slept in my home and he smoke daily for years. Ever since then we never spoked about tinctures and he never wanted to try it again. If some of you don't believe me I share my material with all my pleasure with every single one who wants to try it. If someone of you is traveling to Europe - the Netherlands, send me a pm! I would like to meet and share some of my stuff so I leave no doubt about the potency of the stuff!

Big thank you to all of you participating here in this thread!

• Like Like x 2