Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. After several attempts to get a concentrated enough VG-PG-PEG transfer I eventually started dripping Tincture directly into an open top RDA.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

About 50 watts seemed to be the sweet spot for directly dripping Tincture.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  2. Can you explain more on dripping
    How do you do it and how does it work?
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  3. It's the same basic Ethanol Tincture that both Sam and I make. Dripped onto the coil and cotton wick and fired.
    An RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer) like the ones pictured holds about 1/4 of an eyedropper at a time.

This worked best for me as it is concentrated enough to give me relief in a few hits. I never could infuse VG-PG to a strong enough concentration for my needs. While it worked for others who tried my infused VG-PG blends my tolerance is just to high for conventional methods.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  4. OK Thank You
    It is OK to inhale the everclear that the tincture is made from?
    And after dripping onto cotton I guess you are putting the pens dome back on until the GD has deminished?

• Like Like x 1
  5. RDA caps were off for the photos. No need to remove the cap to drip. Can drip straight down the mouthpiece.
    Ethyl Alcohol is safe to inhale the vapor from as it's food grade Alcohol.
    A few bar drinks are around where you inhale vaporized fumes off the cocktail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The modest amount used in a vape is a fraction of what is inhaled in a bar setting like this.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  6. Pretty Cool, so maybe a lil buzz from the EC as well
    Thanks again for taking the time to answer me
    Nice to meet you Mr Brass.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. #20767 PsychedelicSam, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    I have been looking forward to your update because I knew what you"d say. :ey:

By your description it's a Sativa dominant strain.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Same back at you PuffPete. I've seen you hanging at Papa's place as well. :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Yep, Some really Nice people and fine growes over there

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Yes its definently sativa dominant which tells me i didn't get white widow cause that should be a dominant hybrid. I think next time I'll use 2 different buds.

Anyways just a noob question for the sake of conversation, is the mood enhancing properties and the what I think is anti inflammatory properties a result of thc or other cannabinoids that were extracted during the 2 hour soak???

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes. vil-surveille.gif

• Like Like x 1
  12. Can you discuss this more Mr Sam

"mood enhancing properties and the what I think is anti inflammatory properties a result of thc or other cannabinoids that were extracted during the 2 hour soak???
    Yes. [​IMG] "

• Like Like x 1
  13. #20773 PsychedelicSam, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Sure, I can provide a simplified version, maybe.

Most of the goodies in cannabis are located in the trichomes. However, not all trichomes are created equal. There are 4 types which mostly represent the maturity of the plant with the bulbous glandular heads being the most referenced. That head contains the major cannabinoids and terpenes but there are "lesser" compounds all along the trichome base and stalk in the leaf cell walls.

When you sift kief it's the heads that are removed, leaving the stalks. If you look at some sifted material after the fact you can see the stalks still there like fine hairs but no heads. There are still valuable compounds left in those stalks and that's why scraps still have potency. The same is true for alcohol. It knocks out those bulbous heads right away, just clears them out and leaves the lower structure. These are cellular and it takes a little longer for that action to take place. Giving the 2 hours soak time will allow for that.

There are also some other compounds found in the leaf structure, other than the polar ones, that are beneficial known as phenolic compounds such as flavonoids, linganimides and a whole bunch of others I can't spell or pronounce. These compounds are beneficial as antioxidants and treatment of cancer, cardiovascular disease and neurodegenerative diseases and more.

It's the synergy of these things together that produces the effects felt by a particular strain and not just the THC. Just about everything in it adds to the total entourage effects. Where the whole is greater than the sum of it's individual parts.

Most of a strain's characteristics are due to the terpenes and not the cannabinoids. The terpene alpha-pinene is responsible for the mood enhancement of this strain and not the cannabinoids but yet it's seen as part of a Sativa's common profile. If an Indica gives you couchlock it's not because of the higher CBD or another cannabinoid (other than CBN) but because it has a high amount of the terpene myrcene in it.

All these little things have an influence. There's over 200 cannabinoids and hundreds of terpenes, esters and flavonoids that all play a role. I feel that a two hour soak brings me closer to the ideal. But what do I know? egyptien2 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

Here's some fun reading: Cannabis sativa: The Plant of the Thousand and One Molecules

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Puffpete if you still intend on producing your own tincture I have to admit that being a noob I was tempted to skip the 2 hour soak because I didn't care for the other properties of the herb. I'm glad I did the 2 hour soak, aside from the recreational use the "mood-enhancing" and other aspects of the tincture in low doses became one of my favorite aspects of it and it gives me flexibility on how I use the tincture and for what purpose. I almost skipped the 2 hour soak and only reason I didn't was because Sam was the first recipe I saw that seemed reputable and successful, so I did the 2 hr soak in light of that.

I'm not knocking anyone else's method at all by no means, but I cant seem to find a reason why anyone would want to make a tincture and not have those additional properties. If your going to go through the whole process anyways what's 2 more hours in exchange for an even better well rounded tincture?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. OK I understand
    So are you now recommending for health useage go with the extra 2 hr soak and allow more chlorophyll and other compounds that you spoke of?
    I am looking for a more healthy choice of tincture not just a high.
    Thank You

• Like Like x 1
  16. Not just now but I've always recommended it. It wouldn't be in the guide if I didn't think that it was worthwhile. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. I must have mis-read that so after the 1st wash is filtered and set a side, the material goes back in freezer with fresh 190 from freezer and allowed to soak for 2hrs as the second wash?
    Then combine the two to be reduced .

18. No. After you have added the cold alcohol to the decarbed material, shake it a little bit and then put it back in the freezer for two hours before you finish straining it. After you strain it then you use the fresh alcohol to rinse it. No more freezer. No more soak. Just rinse and strain then filter and combine with the first run for reduction. :mellow:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. OK Understood
    So much to absorb at once
    Appreciate the understanding
    Were you ever a teacher, you should have been

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Thank You TChevy3
    I actually joined this Site and thread on advice of others who have already made Sam's Magical Elixer
    and have used some a friend had made but was not sure just what steps were needed to do so , I always say when in doubt go to the Master.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1