Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Hell yeah dude they taste good & they seem to be giving me pain relief, I've ate 1 & a half so far I feel pretty good :smoke:

• Like Like x 2
  2. May The PEZ Be With You!

pez1.jpg

(Another Silly Candy Project)
    I had been searching for some PEZ candies to try like the Smarties but they're harder to find these days. I finally found some at the local Walmart clearance aisle so I picked one up. It was a choice of Star Wars or Justice League so Darth Vader was my choice. I wanted the PEZ because the dispenser would make it easier to carry if you were going out.

Each PEZ has 3 drops of GD on each side although that little trench in the middle doesn't hold much but anything that ran over just absorbed. Once they dried I put them in the dispenser and the rest is history.

I know it's not a big thing but it does have its uses. The way I see to use it is as microdosing throughout an event. If a person were to eat a couple to start then pop one every couple of hours. It'd be great for a rave. :ey:

pez2.jpg pez3.jpg pez4.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. #20343 Joker1121, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    Will have to try the PEZ candies. My friends like the Smarties. They cannot believe a candy or three is enough to get really high. I like the PEZ dispenser idea.

• Like Like x 3
  4. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. #20345 SparkyDude, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Hello PSam
    A friend said you may be able to answer my question
    I have a few ounces in storage that have been in Glass Jars with Boveda 62% packs for 2 yrs or more
    Stored in cool dry dark place.
    My question is
    Do you think this weed has degraded and broken down to far to be used for a tincture or make RSO with?
    Just wondering how long old weed stored this way would be worth while saving or just toss it.
    Time wise.
    Thank You
    Sparky
    Oh not in a freezer or frig but in temps less than 60 degs

6. Greetings, SparkyDude, and thanks for joining our conversation.

You're in good shape. Some of it may have degraded by now but not so bad since you've stored it well. Mostly you've gotten some THCA to THC conversion (decarb) so you won't need to decarb as long and there's probably been some loss of terpenes.

Go ahead and use it. I think you'll be surprised. :sneaky:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thank You Sir
    I guess it is true what they say
    PSam is a Ganja God LOL
    I love this thread, so much info on edibles and other stuff
    I may have to ask on how to make a tincture in the future
    Do you have a book yet?
    I work for a publishing company we should talk sometime.
    Later
    Thank You Much

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. You've got to take what "they" say with a grain of salt.
    This is my book right here. dragon (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. your book rocks, too. i am still trying to catch up on p. 63 or so :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Im on page 25
    Some Great stuff here for sure
    The people make the thread move right along too

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I must say You Know your Cannabis Sir
    Nice job
    I would Love to make some tincture some day
    Not sure I can get all that is needed

• Like Like x 1
  12. Now keep in mind that the conversation in the early parts of the thread are quite old and things have changed a lot when it comes to our knowledge of cannabis. A lot of what you'll read here is just about experimentation and adapting and using what you have. The early stuff is crude and fairly obsolete now but was "cutting edge" stuff if you look at today's market. At the time I was laughed at a lot.

As you read you'll see the evolution that we've gone through in real time. Everything was conjecture because we had no idea of how things work. Now we do and since 2015 I've tried to do my best to confirm the quality of the things we do here with testing instead of using "anecdotal evidence" and I like to think that it has made a difference. If you see something you like in the early pages then you'll find several other updated versions as you go through.

But it's mainly about the people here, not me. You guys have made this what it is and I just happen to get the credit for it. I couldn't ever have done it without everyone. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  13. I bet you can do it, nothing a little ingenuity can't fix. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Decarbed weed = 240 F for 40 minutes
    120, 151, 190 proof Ever Clear. Higher is better but use what you can buy in your state.
    Freeze both parts separately.
    Combine and shake 10 seconds
    Strain
    Done.
    [​IMG]

I usually do a near full quart of weed to a full fifth of high proof booze.
    The white Potato Ricer does a fair job of squeezing out the weed.
    [​IMG]
    500ml return is about average return from the 750ml we started with.
    An eyedropper of this under the tongue is a good starting dose.
    If the high proof burn is to intense adding it to a shot glass of water will ease the pain.

Reducing this all the way down will give you RSO base.

[​IMG]
    My Baby Pot still gets that job done.
    [​IMG]

Overnight under the fan removes the last of the water the still doesn't.
    [​IMG]
    Tincture fully reduced. I'll add a couple of tablespoons of Coconut oil to this and call it done after a very short cook to combine the tar and oil.
    RSO Brass style.
    We all have our own methods and style and that's just mine.
    BNW

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. What are your thoughts on not freezing, and using the alcohol-based tincture right after decarboxylation? I have a magnetic stir plate and Erlenmeyer flask for splitting yeast when I brew beer, and wanted to use it instead of shaking the mixture after freezing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. You don't have to freeze anything if you don't want. It just makes things better. The shaking only takes five minutes at the most. I shake then use the magnetic stirring plate for the reduction but do it however you want. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. If it makes it better, I'm going to trust your judgment and do it your way because I've never done it before and don't have enough Leaf trim to play around with. Thank you for the tip. I will put it in the large 5 leave early Meyer flask for the shaking, and then use the magnetic stir plate. I heard freezing will cost the trichomes to break off and can be used in a separation when oil and water are mixed and then Frozen. That's a little bit above my pay grade. I'm more at the magnetic stir plate level, yet do have a nice buchner funnel with whatman filter plus vacuum pump. A buddy of mine also mentioned using soxhlet extraction. All good things in all good time.

18. That was erlenmeyer flask. Got to love voice recognition on smartphone.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Or Ethyl Myer. God I love speech to text some days. Best when it goes off on a tangent and you sound like a raving lunatic.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Frankly, Leafy Greens, you're overthinking it. An Erlenmeyer flask or the stir plate aren't really the best items for this. A simple mason jar with a lid will save you a lot of time and aggravation. Those tools you've mentioned will be useful for other projects but it's overkill for a simple leaf tincture. Learn the initial technique first then you can start adapting your technique.

You're right about the freezing and the trichomes. They become brittle and fall off the plant material. That's a good thing for this. Since your material is placed in the jar after decarb then in the freezer, any trichomes that do fall off are caught in the jar. It makes for better extraction.

It seems like you're a little confused with the process which isn't uncommon for the first time. If you're up for it, review the process step by step that you're going to use with me then we can decide the best way to proceed and I'll walk you through it. :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1