Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. #20321 arthritisbites, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Game’s over. Give the man his prize. I have very severe pain from arthritis starting in childhood that went misdiagnosed until a few years ago, so my spine has somewhat melted. As a result, I am disabled and on some serious narcotics. However, I was able to decrease my narcotics usage greatly when I started using marijuana a year ago. Currently, I’m waiting for a pain relief procedure I had 6 weeks ago to kick in, hopefully it will in the next couple of weeks. But in the meantime, I’m not doing so hot and I’m trying to make things bearable while waiting, hence my experimentation with tinctures.

So I’m kind of the worst case scenario: I have a high tolerance for narcotics, I’m still ON narcotics, and I’ve been vaping my brains out for the past year. Before I saw your post, I threw caution to the wind and took the rest of what I had left, almost 5ml of the 1oz/g tincture. It definitely was working, I actually got a little anxious because of how strong it was, but my pain still got through just fine. Sadly I think I’ve reached the limit of what marijuana can offer me in terms of pain relief.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Make stronger meds. Dose up until your comfortable. Cannabis whipped my agonizing pain left from 3 rounds of Colon surgeries. Nearly 2 years of really mega high dosing did the trick at upwards of 1000mg per day.
    I'm back down to 100mg every other day now and that debilitating agony has not returned.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. The sweets are set:D they don't look amazing or anything but I think they'll do the job..

I did the decarb first for 40 minutes then i mixed a spoon of butter & 6 werthers original sweets in a double boiler until everything had melted/gone soft, I then got the mix out on some parchment paper & mixed the hash with each sweet & then finished by sprinkling some sea salt on them before putting them in the fridge to set

IMG_20181009_161543.jpg IMG_20181009_161833.jpg IMG_20181009_171000.jpg IMG_20181009_183847.jpg IMG_20181009_183906.jpg IMG_20181009_183856.jpg

I'm going to be eating one in a minute I'll report back with how they are in a few hours:smoke:

• Like Like x 5
  4. Been an hour since I ate one, I feel pretty good & I'm not in alot of pain I'd say they're a winner :smoke:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Now that was easy, wasn't it? cligner.gif

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. #20326 BrewsnWeed666, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    It wasn't really that difficult to make them :smoke: they've deffo made a difference I usually get really bad pain as my meds wear off but today I haven't:yay::yay:

• Like Like x 4
  7. When you were doing 1000 mg a day, did you divide out the doses or just take it all when you woke up?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Oh, the game's not over unless you quit. Like BnW said, take more if you can. A lot of us with severe pain can't really afford a gram daily dose, though, and if that's the case then you work it differently. For me the best case scenario is always going to include pain but then I can definitely relieve that pain enough with cannabis to get somewhat comfortable. Learn how to time your cannabis products and your narcotics. You'll get a lot more relief from the cannabis if you can wait to take it after the narcotics start to wear off. Then you won't need the narcotics so soon or as badly for your next dose. Before you know it you're not needing the pain meds except in emergency situations. dragon (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. LOL even at my best that much in one go would have me way past my comfort zone. No that was spread out over the full day. 3 capsules with each meal was my routine.
    As a grower I never had to worry about having enough. I eventually reached a saturation point where I was zonked for 2-3s day without any cannabis at all and it only took a couple of caps to whack me again.

To see how long I could go with none at all in preparation for a cross country I stopped cold turkey and it was 3 weeks before my pain returned so I went back on my caps for 2 months leading up to the trip and things went fine with no real issues. I had legal Pharmacy pain meds as a backup but didn't need to use them as I hate the side effects.
    BNW

• Like Like x 5
  10. You’re right. The game isn’t over until I quit. And my mama didn’t raise no quitter! A gram a day would be tough to maintain financially for the long term, but I can afford to try it at least.

That’s so fantastic! I would be so happy if I never had to vape again and could just take capsules. Right, you guys have convinced me, I’m going to give this a try. Do you think the most efficient thing just to decarb the buds, grind and mix in with food?

• Like Like x 3
  11. While that does work I feel the short processing with Coconut oil-Lecithin makes for the most bang per gram.
    Coconut oil has rather special properties in that it doesn't need any stomach bile to digest as it enters the body via the portal vein. The Lecithin helps to encapsulate the THC molecule and further enhances the effects IMO.

This process comes from BadKats work here on the city I've just stripped and fine tuned it down to the bare minimum I could and still have the same ass kicking strength.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. #20332 arthritisbites, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Thank you thank you thank you! Here’s a question, I have almost a gram of 85% shatter, if I decarb that and mix with the lecithin and coconut oil, would that work? If so, what ratio is used for the concentrate/lecithin/oil mix? That should give a dose of about 425 mg of THC, right?

• Like Like x 3
  13. 1 gram = 1000mg
    If it's 85% it should be 850mg per gram.

I use 5 grams of Kief per Tablespoon of oil with a ratio of roughly 1/6th Lecithin. More Lecithin doesn't matter but less is noticeable by the lack of full strength IME
    This makes a sludgy thick base that needs to be hot to flow well in an eyedropper.

I'd likely use a teaspoon of oil to a gram of shatter as a starting point. Weigh the Cannabis and measure the oil so you can replicate the exact same batch next time. This way you don't have to experiment with finding your exact dose again.

You can decarb the shatter in the oil by watching it bubble. No more bubbling usually means it's finished decarbing. I've not tried this personally but I know Sam and others on this thread do use that method.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  14. Your total potency for a half gram of that shatter would be around 425mg. It's easy to make as in that first video I linked for you. For something similar to the "Brass caps" you would dissolve your decarbed shatter in about 4ml of oil and add just a few drops of liquid lecithin if you have it. That will make you about 4 doses. The "Brass caps" are highly concentrated and that's why they work so well. I wouldn't recommend doing a full cap at first but instead use a few drops. If you find that it does work for you then you can work on a larger scale.

And still work it around your other med schedule so that you can get the best results. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Thank you again, I’m going to put all the good advice to practice just as soon as the ingredients get here. I will report back the results. Do you guys like to use on an empty stomach or with food?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Hey Sam I'm making some hash chocolate I've upped the dose to 0.4gs for each piece:smoke:, I'll be posting pictures once I've made them:)

• Like Like x 3

17. I usually have dinner then eat an edible an hour or 2 later once my stomachs settled, I've never tried them on empty stomach

• Like Like x 3
  18. Either works about as well. For a faster onset I'll let the caps melt in my mouth and that cuts the start time down to about 45 minutes for me.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  19. The hash chocolate has set I'm going to test one out once I've had a bath:)

I decarbed the hash then melted chocolate & mixed the hash in when I poured the chocolate into molds :smoke:

IMG_20181011_145339.jpg IMG_20181011_150221.jpg IMG_20181011_154212.jpg IMG_20181011_181808.jpg IMG_20181011_181800.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1