Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. As far as the candy idea. I have tried putting GD on/into freeze dried strawberries, peaches, pears and apples. I liked the strawberries best and it did have me feeling good and it worked quicker for me then infused oils or edibles made with oil. The fruit can usually hold a decent amount of GD depending on the size of the pieces. I've just put the GD on the fruit then once it was soaked up I ate it. I guess I should let it dry out then see if putting it in a sealed bag in the refrigerator (works if you leave a bag open and they lose crispness) would make the fruit crispy again? The fruit masks some of the GD taste but not all of it

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. No, that's not going to work. The vinegar is really more water than anything else and cannabis is not water soluble with the acid only at 5%. If you tried a transfer then you would more than likely get those separation issues but if you're only going to use 2-4ml then by all means, give it a whirl. What can it hurt? :confused_2:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yeah I checked that tweedle farms you said you got hemp from but almost everything was sold out. The prices for the shake looked good and I'd like to try buying some just wanna make sure it's worth it price wise

• Like Like x 2
  4. If you had enough GD, you could inject a melon for a refreshing treat. Unfortunately, it's not as portable as candy. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 3

5. Yeah that makes sense. I was thinking it might not work because of the water. But yeah what the hell I'll try it. Worst case I've got a few ml of messed up vinegar GD and I can just try using it as an edible or maybe make some salad dressing with olive oil and vinegar and just try mixing/shaking it all together

• Like Like x 3
  6. Have you considered perhaps making jam? I have a recipe saved somewhere that I can dig up if you are interested in trying that. I made a batch without infusing it to make sure the recipe works, and it does. I have not yet tried infusing a batch yet because I am always short on material. (Room was not going well this summer.) Once I get some extra around, I'll definitely try making a batch that is infused, as I have several testers who are interested in it. But yeah, if you would like the jam recipe, I am sure it would be seriously easy to infuse.

• Like Like x 3
  7. That's still on my list of things to do and maybe someday I'll get around to it. In the meantime, I finally was able to hobble out of my abode and get my ingredients for the buttermints including the Grape Gobstopper Kush shatter that's 84%. Hopefully I have peppermint flavor or they'll be cherry or orange instead. smiley on crutches (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 4
  8. Hey Sam I won't be able to make tincture this month as I don't have the spare cash for the alcohol the postage was expensive even for little bottles :bang:

The good news is my plug will have hash in again regular so I'm going to have to stick to edibles till next month :)

I'm going to make some more as my recovery time has gone up to 12 weeks now because I've got fluid on my right nut that'll be drained in the next 2 weeks.

Do you have any tips for easy edibles apart from cakes? I don't think I'll be able to stand long enough to make them, any help will be appreciated mate :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. Following for a response to this cause I'm chronically ill and this is me all the time.

Sent from my [SG s9+] using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Sorry to hear about extra recovery time. That's never any fun.

Really, you should have no issues making anything that you're able to make, physical handicaps notwithstanding, if you have decarbed hash on hand. If you can do something sitting then you have no problem. I haven't been able to walk or stand the last two weeks but it hasn't stopped me from putting easy things together and you can do the same. It will be easier for you because you have hash.

You don't have to do anything to it other than decarb. You can sprinkle it in anything or even just eat a chunk. It's simple to make an oil or butter with it and then just use it or have someone bake you something. BrassNwood's hash caps would be one excellent way to go. His tec for them looks like a lot of work but it's now once you get past the prep. You don't even need to the heat freeze cycles. They're just fine and simple with the single processing. Even the lecithin is optional. If you get 5g you can experiment with, I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

It's only the full plant material that makes edibles seem so difficult to make but if you've already gotten rid of that part then that simplifies things. You're mainly the one who can decide on this since only you know your pain tolerance and how complex you can get. Hash has been used as by humans as long as any other herb over the course of our evolution. I'd be interested in hearing about some of the things you come up with. Keep a journal. smiley on crutches (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Greetings, dementiax, and welcome to our conversation.

Well, if you're as lucky as BrewsnWeed666 and have a good source for some good pressed hash or quantity of kief then those things make life a lot simpler like I mentioned above. Concentrates of all kinds are easy to use for single dose edibles. The only real limits are local constraints like ingredients, accessories, etc.

What are you working with? :huh:

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

12. Thanks for the reply dude I'll have to have a think about what I could make since the possibilitys are endless.. I might try make some chocolates since all I'd have to do is melt then some put it in a mould with the hash :yummy:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Brews,
    While the decarbed hash alone works it's still not taking full advantage of the possible strength it could have with a bit more work IMO.
    This is where the cooking oil ( Coconut is best) comes to play IME. I've used Kief-Hash in as many ways possible getting the tech down that hit hardest with the least product and the fewest steps and time involved.

Decarb = 240 F for 40 minutes
    Mix with any cooking oil. Less oil is better. I make sludge-mud pie consistency.
    Short heat. 220 F for 20 minutes is my standard.
    Done.
    That is all it really needs.
    I add a freeze and reheat as that softens the hash bits and makes it less gritty if you eat it direct or let the caps melt in your mouth like candy.

5 grams hash
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    .5 lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.
    Fills 30 (0) sized caps @ 100mg each.
    Caution this is a really big dose and is to much for most users the first time out. 1/4 fill the first few caps until you know how much you need.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Yeah, but if you're dealing with the particular "tenderness" issues he is at the present times, simple is in order. Once that's gone then I guess that anything would be in order. I can certainly relate to his current condition. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. buttermints.jpg
    I have just finished making a half batch of buttermints. My black pants are white now and I have made a mess everywhere but overall I think it was a successful endeavor. These will be sitting out overnight to dry but I can already tell you that they are definitely working. I've been nibbling at pieces for the last couple of hours and just finished with the bowl and mixer wants so I'm beginning to take off. I should sleep well tonight.

I'll have more tomorrow about them once they've dried. dragon (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. LMAO. Been there and done that. I had one get the size of a softball. Talk about "Tender" .
    "We're gonna have to drain that !! WHAT !!!! OMFG !!!!
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  17. That's nor a bad idea to try. Is the recipe easy to make?

• Like Like x 1
  18. I will state very clearly: THIS IS NOT MY RECIPE. Found it online by looking for "easy blueberry jam". (link: Easy Blueberry Jam {2 ingredients} - A Pretty Life In The Suburbs ) As I have done with my pie filling, I am pretty sure you can simply change out the fruit you are using for the blueberries and make whatever jam you want. This recipe makes about 2 1/2 cups final, which is a small enough amount to be able to use it before it spoils. To infuse it, I would estimate this to have a finished serving count of approx 40 servings at 1 tbsp each (this is the portion size you get in restaurants). If I wanted each tablespoon to be ~10 mg, I would use a little under 1 oz of tincture to mix with the sugar before I started cooking, letting the cooking process remove the ethanol. Seeing as most people eat 2 slices of toast with jam at a sitting, I would personally reduce that to maybe 1/2-3/4 oz of tincture per batch, just to allow the person (or myself) to be able to eat 2 slices without being completely couchlocked from it. (Still no guarantees on that. My candies are only ~10 mg, and they send you flying high.)

The trial batch I made took a good 2-3 hours to actually cook down enough for my liking.

EASY BLUEBERRY JAM - 2 INGREDIENTS
    Supplies:
    • wide saucepan or skillet (I like to use a skillet)
    • potato masher
    • spatula or spoon
    • hand blender
    Ingredients:
    • 2 lbs blueberries (about 6 heaping cups)
    • 1 1/2 cups sugar
    Instructions
    1. Prepare your jars by boiling the lids, rings and jars in boiling water for 5 minutes.
    2. In a wide saucepan or skillet on low-medium heat, add the blueberries and sugar.
    3. Stir to combine.
    4. Then use your potato masher to smash up the blueberries and release their juices.
    5. Turn up the heat to medium, then cook the blueberry mixture until it is gently boiling.
    6. Keep cooking, and stirring until the mixture thickens. You must, must stir constantly or your jam will burn. As well the constant stirring will help to prevent the jam from splattering out of the pan. You will likely need to cook the jam for 30 or more minutes.
    7. You will know that the jam is ready when the mixture is thick enough to leave an open trail behind the spoon.
    8. Remove from heat, and let cool completely before serving.
    9. If this jam is too chunky for you, you can use your hand blender to puree it.
    10. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 4
  19. #20319 PsychedelicSam, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Shatter/Dragon Infused Buttermints

buttermints2.jpg
    I've been having some issues with ligament damage the last couple of weeks and have not been able to function very well so these were made without a whole lot of finesse and care but even when I'm in good shape, my efforts are always a bit on the amateurish side anyway. I didn't document much on this other than the few simple pics to prove that I did do it since the mantra of the forum is that it didn't happen unless there's pics.

I needed something to take my mind off my troubles so this was just the thing. I didn't do a video this time since it was an experiment and I wasn't in the best shape to do so. Hopefully the next time. This can be done with a concentrated GD transferred to butter or decarbed shatter directly infused into butter. I used a gram of 84% shatter for this one.

IMG_20181007_182423.jpg
    The next step was decarbing the shatter. I use a hot oil bath at 240°-250°F then set my beaker on a mason jar lid placed on the bottom of the pan. It took about 15 minutes.

IMG_20181007_183057.jpg IMG_20181007_183057.jpg IMG_20181007_183524.jpg IMG_20181007_183939.jpg

I only made a half batch since I'm alone and the full batch made over 300 1/2" pieces. 300 pieces would only be less than 3mg each. By halving the batch I doubled the dosage and then I made 1" pieces instead of 1/2". I estimate these to have about 8mg each.

So after the decarb I cut up a half stick of unsalted butter, 4 tablespoons, cold and hard, added it to the decarbed shatter, placed it back into the oil bath until it melted.

IMG_20181007_184028.jpg IMG_20181007_184150.jpg IMG_20181007_184819.jpg

I don't have any pictures beyond this because this is where I started working with the powdered sugar and started to make too big of a mess to use the camera so use your imagination.

I placed the infused butter in the freezer to harden then cut that into small pieces and added it to 2 cups of sifted powdered sugar. I used my portable mixer to cream the sugar and butter and then added a half dram of peppermint oil and a tablespoon of whole milk and mixed it all into a dough.

I sifted some powdered sugar onto a cutting board and started kneading it into the dough until it could be rolled out by hand into half inch diameter rolls. I split the dough into four pieces and added a drop of food color to each, yellow, red, blue, green. Then I kneaded it until the color was even and then rolled each out. I cut them into approximately one inch pieces after they dried out. They're delicious and really seem to work for me.

buttermints.jpg buttermints3.jpg buttermints4.jpg buttermints6.jpg

These would be easy for a good confectioner, candy maker. I'm terribly handicapped when it comes to these kinds things but if I can do it, so can someone else. The recipe says they stay good in a air tight container for 2 weeks without refrigeration. I'd expect that you could freeze them, too. For me these seem like they would be good for special occasions like birthdays, weddings, Super Bowl or other time when you want to make an impression and it's worth the effort making the mess.

We'll discuss these again soon but remember, they are pure sugar and butter so you may want to consult with your cardiologist. :ey:

• Like Like x 6
  20. Hey Sam I'm going to be making some edibles later I've decided to try to make Werther's original edibles

All I'll have to do is double boil the sweets then add the hash to each sweet & let them set

I'll report back later with pictures & how it turned out :)

• Like Like x 1