Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. pushu, don't remember where I got it the first time. Yesterday I purchased two ounces of "AC/DC" trim/shake for 30$/each from Tweedle Farms. The flower was assayed at 13% CBD and they believed the trim/shake to be within four points of that. I found a promo code for 10% off. They had a good selection of hemp flowers, but everything but what I got and one batch of flower at $8/gram was sold out. The shake got good reviews if you can believe them. Last batch I processed as for GD, but only had 1/2 ounce so not a great deal of alcohol was used. I haven't quite figured out how to do two ounces. I have no idea how it compares to store bought. I liked the stuff I made better, maybe the bit of thc- 2 mg thc to 22 mg CBD, makes the difference. One thing- they give their hemp marijuana names- just weird. the AC/DC is not from the cannabis AC/DC I'm sure. This stuff has very little THCa.

2. thanks Joker... I just looked at Tweedle Farms site but it looks like they are sold out of pretty much everything. I didn't realize that you could buy hemp flower and have it shipped to all 50 states. I have been wanting to try CBD oil but prefer to make my own. I hope to grow my own next year. That is weird they give the hemp plants the same kind of names as weed

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thanks Sam.. that's the info I was looking for
    I don't know how you keep all your notes so organized?

• Like Like x 1
  4. On their web page they said they just harvested so I contacted them to see if flowers will be available soon.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I've gotten pretty good at the search function over the years and I can usually dial it in without a lot problems. surmene (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Candy is going to be the theme of this post, too. I'm really looking forward to trying EM's recipe. It looks easier to deal with than the GD hard candy I normally make. That one takes a bit more speed and dexterity than I currently have to do correctly but EM's looks easier for me. I don't have an electric skillet so that may have to wait.

However, I still have mints on the brain, too. I didn't like the dinner mints that I was going to try because they were too soft and stuck to my teeth in clumps. They were sugar and glycerin and that's probably why. Last night I got the brilliant idea to make my own if it wasn't too hard and by golly, they look incredibly easy. Just infuse butter and combine with powdered sugar, add coloring and flavoring then roll them out, cut them and let them dry.

I'm going to see if I can get a cheap gram of shatter this payday to infuse the butter then make this recipe. I bet it beats putting drops of GD on separate candies. Here's the recipe I'm going to use. Anyone else is welcome to give it a go. The more the merrier. yeux3.gif

Buttermints | The Splendid Table

• Like Like x 2
  7. Just so that you fellas can see, I just finished sweating my tush off getting 2 batches cooked up. Apple (I used 15 drops green food color) and Watermelon (15 drops red, 5 drops yellow), using an unknown sativa I had been given. I've nibbled on the bits that stuck to the spatula and the edge of the skillet. Total prep and cook time per batch, about 15 minutes. (Because I had to hunt down a couple of items before I could get started. LOL)

20181004_005957.jpg
    20181004_013501.jpg
    I have them on cookie sheets in the oven for the night and will probably cut them tomorrow after I finish cooking the other 2 batches.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I found out Smarties melt in the oven. I put some on a plate in the oven hoping to quicken the alcohol evaporation and forgot them. They melted.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I don't remember seeing square paper plates before... party store? :huh:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Where is the recipe for this colorful stuff? Do I have to sift through a bunch of pages?

• Like Like x 1

11. Favorite flavors around here are Strawberry, Raspberry, Watermelon, and Rum. The fruit flavors are typically using LorAnn candy flavors. The rum flavor is available near the vanilla, and I double the amount of rum flavor used compared to the others.

EverMystique's Electric Skillet Candy
    Need:
    Timer
    Electric Skillet with temp control
    Plastic spoon
    Silicon spatula
    Cutter (large cheese knife for big cuts, smaller knife for individual pieces)
    Square paper plate
    Plastic Wrap
    Crisco Butter Spray
    1 1/2 cups white sugar
    2 oz tincture (at 4 g/oz extraction)
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup corn syrup
    1/2 cup whole milk
    1 dram chosen flavor (3.7 mL)

Line plate (or other chosen mold) with plastic wrap and spray with butter spray.

In skillet, blend sugar with tincture until equally spread. Add butter, corn syrup, and milk. Set temp to 250 F. Stir constantly. Once it starts to boil, set timer for 7 1/2 minutes. Stir until the timer sounds.
    Turn off heat. Stir until it stops bubbling. Add flavoring and blend well.
    Pour into mold.
    Let cool until just barely warm.
    Cut into 100 pieces.
    Individually wrap using plastic wrap.**

Each candy ends up a 10-15 mg dosage, depending on the starting material.

**To wrap, I recommend using a plastic wrap that has the cutter on the box. Pull off a section about 3-4 inches and cut off. Lay 4-5 candies across the wrap, evenly spaced. Roll length-wise, then cut between the candies, folding edges under.

EverMystique's Adventure Zone

• Like Like x 2
  12. Here it is, O'Daisy. You can use concentrate to make it. :)

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

Slow on the trigger again. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thank you Sam! You're such a sweetheart!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. I actually found them at Dollar General.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Congrats on going over 1,000 pages! I've been working about 65 hours a week and just finally read all the pages I missed. I'm definitely going to try some of the candy ideas that were brought up though.

Sam I had an idea to make a tincture or something that could be used subungualy for a friend whos now vegan and has digestive issues (most edibles don't work that well for him) and he's also a former alcoholic so he won't touch the GD I make. I know I've read somewhere (possibly this thread) that tinctures could be made from vinegar, I think they don't extract as well as alcohol. So I was thinking about trying to do a solevent transfer from 190 proof to apple cider vinegar. I was going to try to take maybe 2-4ml of GD and transfer that into either the same amount or double the amount of apple cider vinegar. Figured I'd try a very small batch 1st since I'm really not sure how well it might work? Just wanted to see if you had any thoughts about it?

• Like Like x 2
  16. You can make a tincture from vinegar but it's very weak. It's not a good extractor at all. You might want to try a solvent transfer to honey or agave nectar. :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. I processed my AC/DC hemp shake/trim over the last couple of days. I took it down to oil to better know (in my mind) what I had. The return was spectacularly disappointing. I got two grams of oil from two ounces of hemp. There were no popcorn buds, it was completely ground with just a few seeds and stems. I think it was probably more trim than shake. I was told in an email it's not extraction quality. I'll do more math and reconstitute the oil with Everclear later when I have time. I think right now I have two grams of 9% which is 180 mg for 54$. Not cost effective.

• Like Like x 2

18. Yeah the 1st thing I told him was to try some infused honey I had but apparently vegans don't eat honey, never knew that before. And he actually suggested agave nectar. I'm planning on trying a solvent transfer to agave nectar after my next trip to the grocery store.

As far as the vinegar I was thinking if I made GD then did a solvent transfer to apple cider vinegar then I was thinking it might work. The only issue I can think of before trying it would be if there were separation issues once the alcohol evaporated?

• Like Like x 1