Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. I guess probably the best way to go at it is to determine how long you're going to need them for this occasion. You need to make enough to last until you're able to move on. Consider that you'll be using more at the end of your convalescence than at the beginning due to tolerance buildup. If it's for a pain event then I would make them stronger than usual. I'd probably use the whole chunk if I could afford it and then dose as I saw fit as the occasion arose.

I always have a bit of a buzz on when it's time for surgery, leading up to it and following. :ey:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1

2. Thank you for the reply :) I'll probably probably make them stronger then usual then I can always buy more hash depending on how many edibles I make/how strong they are.

I usually wouldn't take a docs advice on smoking before the op but I've read all different stuff online about it + it won't hurt me to go without for a day :confused_2::laughing:

I'll probably report back either Thursday or Friday to give an update on how the edibles are working :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner. Wasn't a good day.

So what are you going to make? When I had my back surgery I was in the hospital and rehab for 3 weeks and I had made some tincture, brownies, honey and caps for my stay there. I had a friend bring them in and I hid them. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1

4. It's okay man hope everything's good with you:), i'm thinking of making brownies this time or maybe some kinda sponge cake :yummy:

Hell yeah If I have to stay in I'm going to get a friend to smuggle me some cakes in :laughing::laughing:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I think you actually diagnosed it properly, too much concentrate to alcohol in the ratio. I’m in some fairly extreme pain right now, I was trying to make it as concentrated as possible, sounds like I over did it when I evaporated off some of the everclear.

I did get the cloudy water you described but then immediately the entire top was puddles of concentrate floating on top of the water around the edges of the container. It was slimy and stuck to my teeth and the inside of my cheeks for most of the day.

What is the strongest ratio that you’ve successfully made? I have some brand new shatter so I can try again. Thanks!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've been wondering the same thing, as i sometimes get this sticky stuff too.
    I have not been able to pin point my error.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Got you in my heart and prayers, BrewsnWeed666, good luck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. I've always wondered if that oil you get floating on a drink is primarily waxes and perhaps inert oils. My hope is that the THC is not in that junk that sticks to your teeth.

• Like Like x 3

9. Thanks dude!! Only 3 days to go now :yay::yay:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. When i add a batch of GD which for some reason tends to do this to my beer it really chunks up and is easier to remove. By the way i too lean towards oils waxes and not THC as usually these batches are not the most potent ones.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I must admit that I've never had that experience personally. If it's concentrated enough that it leaves "puddles" or "chunks" of obvious cannabis oil then it is too concentrated for optimal bioavailability. It will still work but it can get left on the sides or on your teeth in extreme situations. It's the alcohol or lipids that enhance the bioavailability and it's not doing anyone any good if it's sticking to everything it touches.

I've used it in the shot glass and I've used it in coffee/tea and in cold drinks with ice and never had anything more that the the "sheen" as I describe it, like a gasoline slick on a puddle of water. It's there on everything that has a water base including syrups.

The only time I concentrate my GD further than 4g/oz from extraction or 1g/oz of shatter/wax is when I'm going to use it to infuse something else for a recipe so there's less to evaporate. I've occasionally reduced my GD further and used it as tincture but it's been seldom. I find that the effects are better and and arrive quicker with the less concentrated version but getting that balance will probably take a little practice.

On your next attempt don't use more or less than 1/2oz of alcohol per .5g of shatter. Don't use more than 1ml and don't use the shot glass. Add it to some coffee or tea. When you add it you will also see it get cloudy but it should stir out. You'll see the sheen on the top. Just sip that off as you drink it. Then go about your business for a while, an hour or so. Then if you're not feeling anything you can take more but don't run up your tolerance. It would be better to wait until fresh again then try with a bigger dose. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. That's strange. I wouldn't think that would happen with beer. A lot of times those chunks are the other waxes and oils that won't meld into the medium but that's mainly in things like syrups or glycerin where the alcohol has evaporated and those waxes stay on top or stuck to the side. Never tried it in beer, though. :confused_2:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. Thank you so much for all your time trying to help me with this, I truly can’t tell you how much it is appreciated. Question: when mixing it in tea/coffee, am I just drinking the whole cup or I’m going to swish it around in my mouse each time I take a sip or something?

14. I drink it kind of quickly, but find it comes on nearly as fast as sublingual. Find out what works best for you. Sometimes I wait until the end of the cup and add my tincture and savor it slowly.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I ended up making Nutella hash cakes I weighed out 0.4gs for each cake but threw a little extra in when i did the decarb so it could be 0.5 in each :smoke:

IMG_20180925_125035.jpg IMG_20180925_160738.jpg IMG_20180925_161022.jpg IMG_20180925_165853.jpg IMG_20180925_165840.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. We all know that it works but sometimes you have to play with it first for maximum potential. Don't overthink it and keep it simple as you're exploring. Don't chase it but instead let it come to you on it's own terms. Sometimes it's like watching a pot of water boil....it doesn't as long as you're watching it.

The strain makes a huge difference, also. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Hell yeah :smoking: I'll report back at some point Thursday to give an update on how well they work:smoke:

• Like Like x 2
  18. So, tell me...what's the strongest drinking alcohol you can get over there? Have you ever thought of a hash tincture? :mellow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

19. I've thought about it before but never made any, I'd probably have to say 151 rum & it's nearly £40 for a 70cl bottle & it's 75.5%.

Is there any other alcohol that would work & might be cheaper?

• Like Like x 1