Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. You shouldn't need 100mg of tincture. That's almost 1/3 of it. Let's discuss your decarb. Did you see it bubbling and was it a fast bubbling all over or just little bubbles around the edge?

If you want to reduce it more just let it evaporate. It won't take long and won't stink. Since you only started with a half oz, there's not going to be much left after already using 2ml. You should have felt more than just warm and fuzzy with that unless you just have a runaway tolerance. Makes me question the decarb. :huh:

• Like Like x 1
  2. It's there, Stiggy. :)

3. What other place would it be to drop my 60,000th posting then in Sams Place
    It is also my last posting in the City
    Great Knowing you all
    Love ya Guys
    I am Done

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Just thought I'd give ya the big red X on that one, Cause I don't like it !
    Happy Trails though, buddy !

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Not again. patroncigarre.gif

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. I Think he's serious this time, man...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. egyptien2 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. tried the smarties last night.. I took 3 and it gave me a mild buzz. Not real strong like I had taken say 15 drops of GD so I don't think the smarties soak up the GD like a sponge, but they do soak up some
    More research is needed

• Like Like x 1
  9. I think they have a light sealant that helps keep them stable although it's not a wax as is commonly used. That might impede absorption by soaking whereas placing the GD in the bowl is more direct. Plus, the small amount of alcohol evaporates off the top just leaving the cannabis oil on the surface.

I find it mainly interesting to see the interaction of things when exposed to GD. The Smarties are just the catalyst for possibly breakthrough discoveries. It's fun to play with anyway. cligner.gif

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I did think the smarties would soak up more of the GD than they seem to. I think I will go back to how I did it at first and place drops onto each smartie although this time I will keep adding drop after drop just to see how many drops I can get a smartie to soak up

• Like Like x 2
  11. An easy way to make raw cannabis oil is- make a everclear tincture -strain when you judge it ready (can put the tincture in freezer overnight before straining) place the strained everclear tincture in a glass cake pan and place it in front of a small pan at a time that you will be home to monitor the evaporation if not home for a while turn off the fan and don't leave for more than four hours... when almost getting dry (but not completely dry) add oil of your choice at a ratio that you are aiming for. There are calculators on line if you are using dispensary bud for calculating thca levels and cbda levels. You can also use decarbed weed, but what about the terpenes?

12. I think I've heard that somewhere. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. I do it in stages, let them dry and put fresh drops on.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I will definitely need to try this one. I'll see if I can find some butter mints. I *know* I can find smarties. And frankly, I think the dollar store 1 town over still carries those Necco Wafers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I have used it as a vehicle for my tincture when I have the creeping crud. :p Like now. Just finished a can of pineapple juice trying to break up this cough so I can breathe again without feeling like I need an inhaler.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Hey, there, EM. I was just thinking we hadn't heard from you in a while and voilà.... magiciendisparait (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

The Smarties and mints are a fun thing to play with to wile away the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Due to certain behaviors, I have stayed mostly in my own thread, and only been getting on here a couple of days a week. My candies go like crazy. I make a batch about every other week (batch makes 100 pieces at ~10-15mg each), sometimes 2-3 a week at peak times (and if I have enough material on hand LOL). I actually came in here to post to you that I have converted 4 women from one of my soaping groups to making tincture because of the candies. They were sold as soon as I told them that edibles made this way don't taste like you are eating the whole plant. :p 2 of them are in Canada, so have to go about it the long way due to lack of 190, but they are going to try. And that stemmed from an almost heated discussion regarding whether using cannabis in soap has any benefit.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Either I’m doing something wrong or sublingual just doesn’t work well for me. To be honest, I don’t think it’s the decarb since it went exactly as you described. It took about an hour, there were lots and lots of bubbles until they were just very tiny bubbles and then basically stopped.

Here’s a question, when I added the water to my tincture in preparation for taking it, it seemed like the concentrate stop being dissolved in the alcohol. It floated on top of the water in puddles, I could see it clearly. Could this have caused the issue? Because if it’s not dissolved in the alcohol, how is it different than just rubbing some concentrate on the inside of your cheeks?

19. #20199 PsychedelicSam, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    No, your decarb does sound correct. I was just making sure. Someone recently had used a thick bottomed glass for the decarb and just got the edge bubbling before they gave up.

When you place your tincture in the water it should be a burst of white cloudiness. If yours is floating on the top in puddles, then you have it too concentrated. There may be a sheen on the top but no puddles. Too little alcohol and you have less bioavailability. It's kind of hard to know what to say about it without seeing what's going on. We know that process works great so it's just a matter of figuring out what you're missing. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Just thought I'd drop in & say I'm going to be making some edibles this week before my operation my plug finally got hold of some more hash :weed::weed:

As for dosage what would I be best to do Sam? I'm expecting to be in alot of pain since the hospital will be giving medication that only they can prescribe..

The hash is stronger then the stuff I usually get I'd normally just cook some & test it, but I can't since I've gotta stay clean 24 hours or more before I have the surgery so I can't risk eating one incase I get higher then expected :laughing:

Any help will be appreciated Sir:smoke:

IMG_20180923_140549.jpg IMG_20180923_140647.jpg

• Like Like x 3