Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Sam was saying once to be careful when you open the jar after the oven
    there will be a hot steam vapor when opened hot
    and if you let it cool before opening the moisture will be reabsorbed into the material possibly causing problems down the line

• Like Like x 4
  2. That"s for flowers. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. As Stiggy and Joker have stated, 190 proof is the best for cannabis extraction but some states don't allow it so you have to settle for 151. I'm glad you're not in one of those states.

A mason jar is fine with the lid on as long as you can still see if it's bubbling. If it were flower then there would be some vapor that would build up but that shouldn't be a problem with concentrate. You will get a rush of fragrance when you open it, though. :)

• Like Like x 5
  4. #20124 PsychedelicSam, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Another One

smarties.jpg

Okay, folks, I have another little project that I'd like to share with you and maybe get some volunteers to verify it. Another really easy one using straight GD.

I was made aware of this by @entman and now I'm sharing it with you. I have just tried it and it seems to work like a charm and fast, fast enough you can get a rush which I am as I write this or so it seems. It piggybacks on sugar which metabolizes much quicker.

Entman lives in Europe and the products can be different than what we experience here. He originally took some dextrose candies, like Smarties, and soaked them in GD. They soaked up the GD and stayed solid. Once they dried they were just like before except infused. He estimated about 2.5mg per candy when he tried them.

So today I bought a small bag of Smarties. I got those because I wanted to duplicate his experiment and they were the only dextrose candies that I could find over here and access. Each roll contains 15 small round candies with concave surfaces on both sides of various flavors like a little bowl.

I had to limit my experiment because I have an extremely limited supply of GD and I didn't want to waste any if it didn't pan out so I used 1/3 of a roll, 5 candies. I really was only checking if was broken down by the GD or if it absorbed and not expecting much for effects. Just 5 little bitty candies.

I could have just soaked them in a pool of GD but then I wouldn't really know how much was in each one so I set them all flat in the bottom of a small beaker. The concavity was clearly visible and I placed 3 drops of the same 20mg/ml GD that I used for the mug cake into the bowl of each candy. 3 drops filled it just right.

I just sat there for a few minutes watching them to see whether they did any tricks or barked but they just sat there and absorbed the GD. In a few minutes it was gone in every candy and they looked no different than before.

I let them sit for about fifteen minutes to let them dry because I didn't want to take a chance they would crumble. They didn't crumble and they seemed stable and just like candy. I ate one to see if there was any taste and the only thing I noticed was the original flavor of the candy. I ate the other four and figured that was the end of it for today.

I hadn't intended to post this until I'd been able to check it out a little better in the future but the results were too apparent to ignore. I started feeling it within a few minutes as it started flowing in through my oral tissue. Within a half hour I was really buzzed and it's continuing now an hour later. Until then I was in tremendous pain all day and would not have been able to write this up but here it is. Must be something to it.

Each candy was 3 drops with a total of 15 for all five candies. That's about a half dropper and it's sublingual because of the nature of the candy. I also think this would work with larger buttermints and I was going to use those but couldn't find any, just the Smarties. Any of those candies with that kind of texture that will absorb should work.

Volunteers needed. smiley on crutches (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. I’m glad I did something right, even if it was by accident! :yay: I’ve assembled all the equipment, and am going to try to do this on Saturday. Wish me luck!

• Like Like x 1
  6. You don't need luck. Piece of cake. cligner.gif

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I’m not sure why it feels so intimidating. You’re right, it’s not like this is difficult stuff. Making dinner is more complicated!

• Like Like x 3
  8. It will be a piece of candy with Sam Helping you

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Soon as I can get to the store! Will let you know!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sam:
    I have been using this technique for a couple of years. I don't soak the smarties in GD but put drops of GD like you did. I happened upon this idea searching for a way for my wife to take some medicine without the burn or taking too much, plus the sweetness of the candy masks the GD taste. I think I have posted about this before.
    The only thing I might try differently is that I usually reduce my GD quite a bit (more than 50% and often by 75%) so it is more like oil. When I put drops on the smarties, it is thicker and even though it dries, it leaves a dark stain on the smartie which makes it obvious it has been doctored. Not a big deal unless you are trying to be secretive.
    I think your way of using specific drops is better than soaking as it is more does accurate. My next batch of GD will not be reduced as much as I usually do and I will try this again.
    This product is a great way to take it on the road and dose in small amounts rather than one big hit. I've even considered doing this to a whole roll of smarties and wrapping them back up in the wrapper they come in, maybe mixing it in with several untreated rolls to carry with me when traveling by air.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. I have always thought that Necco Wafers would work good for this too.... but I like the smartys idea -- couple of drops in the cup. The only problem I see is that you end up eating a whole roll (or more) of those little bastards at once....

Always thought about Nilla wafers too.... they should soak up a pretty good dose of GD and dry pretty quickly.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Very interesting, the mug cake developments and the dextrose candies!

I did once try to drip some tincture on the small Altoids mints and while they did absorb a bit, I had to do multiple dripping sessions. At that time the tincture I was utilizing was made from scraps (also I had not reduced it) so it was likely very weak.

I do remember feeling like it was still effective though, I will have to give this another try!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hey Sam
    Thanks for everything
    Stig

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I thought that I may have run across that idea in here from someone but if so, it didn't register at the time although I have thought about from time to time over the years.

I think that the dose of each could easily be doubled by turning the candy over after it's dried and do the same thing to the other side. It also has a concavity so you could fill it, too, and have 6 drops per candy. The hardest part of the whole thing is having the manual dexterity to fill each candy, at least for me since I shake so much but it seems worth the effort. :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Happy to oblige, Stiggy. I may be getting old and infirm and broke but I'm still endeavoring to present new ideas here whenever I can. :mellow:

• Like Like x 3
  16. The wafers should work since they're similar to the Smarties. I really want to try some buttermints. I've thought of vanilla wafers, too, but I'm not sure they'd hold their shape and texture since they're a dough product but they might. The same thing for any other cookie as long as it can absorb.

You're right about the candies, though. It is really easy to eat a few rolls without thinking about it. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 2
  17. its a dang good thing we can not infuse M&M PEANUTS
    I would eat the whole bag
    LOL

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Didn't feel anyt
    I tried the Smartie experiment with five drops, allowing the tincture to soak in in between drops. They were very small drops. I didn't use the graduated medicine dropper so don't know how much I actually put on each Smartie. Six Smarties did nothing yesterday, but this morning another six gave me a light buzz. It is laborious- there has got to be an easier way to get the tincture on the candy. Mine have a definite cannabis flavor and are actually tasty. It was easier than making the jolly ranchers, but they are a lot less potent. Experiment a success.

• Like Like x 2
  19. STIGGY, there has got to be a way! Infused M&M Peanuts!

20. What about using the larger size after dinner mints
    [​IMG]
    Im sure they would absorb more tincture

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1