Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Nope
    Im afraid your brain is still there LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. And I saw what you did there lol
    It will take you anywhere

• Like Like x 2
  3. Night Sam
    I am wiped need to lay down

• Like Like x 2
  4. Many thanks for all this valuable information! I desperately want to try making tinctures, is it possible to skip any steps by starting with concentrate instead of flower? I think I’m going to need a pretty high dosage, as I tried sublinguals from the dispensary that didn’t seem to do a darn thing for me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Greetings, arthritisbites, and welcome to our discussion.

If you have access to concentrates then you're ahead of the game. It's so much simpler and more consistent than extracting from the plant material. For a lot of people it's less expensive, too, which is why I had to start using it. Many of us with access to concentrates use it instead.

I had a video showing how easy it is to do but YouTube deleted it when they went on their recent "crusade" against alternate thinkers and I haven't had a chance to do a new one. It's easy to tell you how to do it, though.

Decarb your shatter/wax in a hot oil bath or oven at a temperature of 240°F until the bubbles stop. That may range from a few minutes in the oil to 40 minutes or more in the oven. The key is the bubbles and when they stop it's decarbed. Add however much alcohol you want to match you desired dosing and stir until all the concentrate dissolves. I usually use 1g per ounce of alcohol but that would be up to you.

The good thing about using concentrates is that 151 proof alcohol will work as well as 190. 151 can be used for flower but it's a bit more work. We didn't have the choice of using concentrate when I started this thread but we now have quite a bit about concentrates. In legal states where it's easy to get it doesn't really make sense to go through the effort of extraction from the plant material and the alcohol is expensive.

A lot of things are easy with concentrates, not just tincture. You'll like working with it. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Morning All
    Sgt Stiggy reporting in
    A lil hung over (whoops) lil too much GD juice
    Sam That cake mix worked for me
    I could not even get out of bed last night, and I am still all fuzzy brained LOL
    I give it a Thumbs Up
    [​IMG]
    Just need a few more testers to try it.
    I bet they sell brownie mixes for the microwave also

• Like Like x 3
  7. You are an angel, thank you thank you thank you!! I hope you don’t mind a few more questions:

Do you have a preference for the type of concentrate? If it makes a difference, I medicate for pain and functionality, and try to avoid head highs.

Is it OK to decarb concentrate in a sealed container to contain the smell, or is that going to create a bomb or something?

I’m also a wuss and am dreading the alcohol burn, any tips for that? I’m so happy the 151 proof will work, that’s a big improvement right there!

I have some pre-filled e-cig cartridges from the dispensaries that I accidentally burned out, but there’s still tons of medication left in them. Could I use that to make a tincture?

Thank you again!

• Like Like x 1
  8. The type of effect you get, whether body or head, is dependent upon the strain and not the type of concentrate. I would imagine that Indica dominant strains or strains with higher CBD values may be what you'd like to use and probably not most Sativas.

I prefer shatter if I'm using concentrates and that's mainly because it's easier to work with for me. Kief/hash is excellent but requires an easy extraction. Consistent dosing is very easy because you already have an idea of the potency, especially if you use a dispensary. You should be able to get the cannabinoid % from them then just calculate your doses.

I also am a wuss and hate the burn. If I'm going to use GD sublingually I'll put my dose in a shot glass of water and then swish it around in my mouth as long as I can before swallowing. This works as well if not better than sublingual without the burn.

You can use the vape oil if you can get it out of the cartridges but I don't think that it would make a good tincture. You could use it for edibles or to top a bowl for vaping but not smoking. You could try adding a little alcohol to it. I've never tried this type of reclaim, though. I know I've seen a lot of threads here on the forum asking about it. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Here you go, Stiggy. Brownies. ;)

brownie mug cake.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Ok, seriously, thank you! I got the alcohol yesterday and today I’m getting the dropper bottles, or at least I’m going to try to. Is the car being in a sealed messenger OK? Or is pressure going to build up? It seems like a fairly low temperature that I don’t want to accidentally blow up my toaster:sad:

• Like Like x 1
  11. I volunteer for this afternoon. Just ate a bunch of nachos, gonna digest them first.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I bet you could have added the GD to the cheese and heated it in microwave too

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yeah, wish I had seen the thread first!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. next time always.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Use a beaker or small heat resistant glass jar for your decarb. If you're using a toaster oven or your regular oven, you should use an oven thermometer to get the heat right. You do not want to seal it but there's nothing explosive really. I'm not really sure I understand this, though, "Is the car being in a sealed messenger OK?"

I said that YouTube deleted my shatter tincture video but here's another for coconut oil capsules that shows how I decarb my concentrate. Ignore the coconut oil part since you'll be using alcohol in a different ratio but the first three minutes show a bit of the decarb.

Was that 151 or 190 alcohol that you got? :huh:

Shatter Infused Coconut Oil Caps Post 10438 (Video)

• Like Like x 2
  16. My experiment- with three droppers of White Nightmare in the single serving microwave treat -needs to be repeated. I fell asleep and napped for a couple of hours. I woke up stoned. I'll try It again for sure!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Three droppers is just what I used but anyone else should keep their own tolerance in mind. I suspect that maybe that stone may last a while even with the nap. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Sorry, I use dictation and sometimes it doesn’t like me. What I was trying to say was: is it OK to decarb in a sealed mason jar? I’m trying to minimize the smell, but I don’t want to create a bomb! The temperature is relatively low, I didn’t know if that would actually build up any pressure. However, I can take the toaster oven outside some day when the weather is nice.

I just ordered an oven thermometer yesterday, and the liquor store didn’t have the 151 proof, so I got 190. Does that effect dosing or anything?

• Like Like x 1
  19. 190 is better

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Yes, you can decarb in a sealed mason jar. When you take the lid off the will be a burst of fragrance. 190 is the superior high proof spirit. You did good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1