Another thread about watering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NinjaToker92, Apr 11, 2013.

1. I have 2 plants which both are in 3 gallon pots (soil). I'm going to water/check my plants every three days. How much do I water them? To be blunt, I'm an autistic grower so exact amounts is what I'm looking for, doesn't need to be a two word answer. Thanks

2. You would want to water them until it starts draining out the bottom. Probably would need anywhere from a half of a gallon to a gallon of water for that.

3. if your soil contains a decent amount of perlite, you want to saturate it completely when watering and then let it dry out two inches deep before watering again. watering by a schedule is not smart because your plants arent using one either.

4. Pick a spot in the soil about halfway between where the stem is and where the wall of your pot is. Stick your finger (normally I tell people not to stick their finger in things, but in this case....lol) in the soil about two inches in and feel if there's moisture. When you do water... just water till you see it begin to dribble out the bottom. *Note* When using soil, I liked to let mine get a little dry before watering. The roots will grow a bit more in search of moisture. My own two cents.