Another thread about smell

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by M4L1BU 70K3R, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Sup blades,
    About a week and a half ago chopped, harvested and cured a plant. The final product did not smell nearly like it did when i chopped and trimmed it. Here was the process i did, i got it off some website :confused:, i did all the manicuring, hung them for about 4 - 5 days put them in a bag with shreded paper till they felt right (2-4 days), then i jar'ed it and its been a week or so and there is barley any smell and its faint. Now i have another plant (same strain) going down in a week or two and i need to know how to get my final product smelling good, i know its an amazing medicinal hybrid strain, so it is dank. help (pictures below)

ps it smokes great too

sorry its long

Attached Files:

2. Smell has nearly no indication of quality. Really good dank can smell like nothing, like you just got skunked in the face, fruit, citrus, pine, candy, or any mix. You just happened to get a good strain that smelled neutral. I've heard that some berry strains(like Blueberry) grow well and have nearly NO smell.

3. no, the strain reaks, im doing something wrong:(

4. #4 Darkhosis, Aug 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
    Are those pics from like right when you cut them down or are they your other plant? Because I can tell even without a microscope they aren't ready yet. Looks even like it was finishing and restarted bud growth (which can be triggered by nutrients such as Superthrive).

Have you tried to smoke any man see how it burns? Nevermind- I see you added it smoked great.

Really that's all that counts if it smokes great!

5. Let me reiterate. If you have dried them properly and are curing them, they will be fine, regardless of scent. A week or two into curing, try a sample. It may be a bit harsher/greener than weed you're used to, but you can see if it's good.

Edit-Jesus Christ, I just read that you said it smokes great. That's all you should care about. I said in my original post that some really dank weed smells completely neutral. If it smokes smooth and gets you blazed, scent doesn't matter.

6. ive never in my long carrier of blazing ever heard of a strain with a sent this faint, and i live in california w/ a medical card and had this very strain and it was stanky

oh and congrats on the post count ardvark

Attached Files:

7. Well you're right, I've never had dank that was completely scentless, but give it a month or two of curing and it should change :cool:.

Thanks, gonna have to save that picture. I forgot I was close to 420 lol.

8. if anyone could tell me their process for best results that would be amazing

extra pic of the plant from a week ago

Attached Files:

• kjss.png
      kjss.png
      File size:
      393.1 KB
      Views:
  9. Drying and curing? Plenty of good guides. Dry it slowly over the course of three to five days until the stems snap. Then trim it all up nice and put it in a mason jar and burp it(forget exactly how often, but something like) twice a day for the first week, then once daily for the second week. For the rest of the curing, every other day should be good enough. After two weeks, you should have smooth, smokeable bud. But the longer you let it cure, the smoother and more aeromatic it becomes.

10. great info, so i shouldnt trim it all up before i hang it???
    thanks

11. You should trim the large leaves that you can easily without handling the bud too much. But I usually trim a bit to clean it up, dry the buds, then trim them down perfectly, then cure them. Make sure to use rubber gloves :). If you can't get rubber gloves, hands should be fine, but rubber gloves are really helpful.

12. thanks ill pick up some of them, but it seems like cutting the dry leaves would be soo messy, am i right