Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another thread about job drug testing, sorry.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by UtahCapita, May 14, 2011.

1. What's up GC,

I'm sure you all get plenty of posts related to smoking and drug tests, so I apologize ahead of time. I just thought I'd make a thread for my OWN specific case.

Well, I am currently looking for a much needed job for summer before the semester changes, and just recently applied to 8 places. Although I haven't gotten a call yet, a buddy of mine said their employer was interested in me. So of course I started to worry about failing a drug test. I'm about 5'10, 150lbs and an extremely active snowboarder and skater and I also work out as well. I hadn't smoked in a year since I started college, and just recently enjoyed a few hits with friends. In the past month, I've smoked 3 times, once around April 8th, again on April 20th and then a week ago on May 6th. Each time I've smoked, I've only taken one or two hits because I have a really low tolerance and get high really easily. Every time after smoking, I either went snowboarding or worked out the next few days, and stayed active and drank a lot of water.

Any way, do you all think I should be clean for an interview/drug test if I didn't get one for another week? I'm really tempted to smoke tonight, just a hit or so, is that a bad idea even though it's such a small amount? Will a hit or two every week or so stay in your system for a long time? Any advice on precautionary methods I should take before the interview aside from just exercise and lots of water? What about detox?

Well, sorry for bringing this type of shit up once again, I'm sure you all get way too much of it, I just really didn't know who else to go to.

Thanks friends.
    :p:smoke:

2. Why dont you sell weed?

3. Out of state college student with minimal connections, it wouldn't work out too well.

4. #4 burtontoker, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2011
    If the last time you smoked was on may 6th, and it was only a few tokes, and your test could be within the next few weeks, I highly urge you to NOT smoke.

I just responded to a thread a few days ago where a guy smoked a few grams like 4 days before his test, obviously he was pretty fucked.

It's always better to be safe than sorry, detox kits don't work. Drink at least a gallon of water a day, take 500mg of niacin two or three times a week before the test, and exercise to get that THC out of your fat.

It's been about a week since you last smoked, and if your test could be in a week or two that only gives you two or three weeks to make sure your clean. If you stay clean till the test you'll pass.

5. Thanks for the replies.

So basically under these circumstances right now, I would most likely be fucked even though I'm not an avid smoker?

Everyone keeps telling me to not worry about it since they are shitty retail jobs (Petco, Coldstone, Gamestop, Toys R Us, Starbucks, Blockbuster, etc), and most likely won't test, but I can't help worrying anyways.

I guess ultimately I could just hope for interviews and if I get told to drug test, just count that option out.

Do a lot of places test you on the spot or do they tell you to go to an test site and have it done?

Another very stupid question, if you fail a drug test for a job, aside from losing the job opportunity, do they put your name out or anything so that you are screwed for other companies? or do anything else?

Thanks again. :eek:

6. It depends what job you're applying for, most fast food places don't do drug tests. I'm pretty sure retail stores like walmart don't, if you've ever seen the employees there you should be able to tell they probably do some drugs lmao - no offense.

I used to work at coldstone, they didn't drug test me but that could be because I was friends with people who worked there and they put in a good word for me.

If you don't smoke, and the test is in a few weeks you will pass sir. Just don't smoke anymore and do the things I said and you'll be fine.

And no, they don't tell other companies that you failed. I think that's a violation of privacy, maybe if it was some hardcore drug but weed is harmless.

7. Yeah most of those places probably don't do drug tests. But to be on the safe side don't smoke at all until you get the job. If you only took 2 hits on may 6th you will most likely be fine. Especially because you're active.

8. I'm sure it gets old seeing it every other day, a lot of "noobie" questions come about on forums I'm active on, and they get old at times, so I know how it feels.

Thanks for being understanding and chill. :love: