Another soil mix - What do you think? LD, Chunk, Wet, Stankie, etc.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by lawschool2012, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Hey ,
    This is a great thread.
    My question about using gypsum as recently in the yahoo group Jeff Lowelfels leads remarks something like about no gypsum where you want microbes.
    So adding it to my clay soil where comfrey grows will absorb the good stuff and pass it along more gently where the mibrobes are more important ?

Also as I take nettle cuttings for propagation inside my hands are a buzzing among other ideas.

The groundhog living under my porch has discovered comfrey. Hey!

Is taking bamboo leaves and fermenting them with lacto likely to be a good source of silica?
    Do they need to be green to get the best of it
    Also
    If when the blood or alfalfa off gas the ammonia. Wouldn't that e a good time to have some biochar around. Or the wet dry or clay to absorb the ammonia and store it?
    Ok sorry for typos.
    I gota go now. but will check back and correct later
    :)

2. This comment was made on the yahoo soil food web group/I am unclear about the authors name right now but I wonder if anyone can't translate the min amount per cu ft if the max rate of gypsum is less than 100 lb per acre.
    Ok so here's the remark :

" Calcium sulfate is a salt and kills microorganisms if used at rates greater than about 100 lbs per ac. Additionally the sulfate is well known as one of the best fungicides we have.......therefore not something you would ever use if you actually understand

Ok so I lost the tail end of that quote ; but you get the gist of his /her point?
    So where is it best to apply gypsum and how much is too much for cntainer/indoor?
    Thanks
    :)