Another Shitty Job Thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by Qlone, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Well let me just get into it here. This is basically me venting, I don't get the chance to let this all out on anyone. I know I just need to find something else.

It's so f'ing complicated I don't even know where to begin. I started as a driver in 06. At that time there was only one other driver who had been there for five years already. Also one warehouse guy..and two office workers.(one of two owners and the manager) After about two years of driving they were actively trying to fill a second warehouse position. The one guy ended up dropping some shit with the forklift, so instead of letting him go they set up another driving route and gave him a third truck. All was cool.

They brought in about three other warehouse guys who didn't last long and ended up hiring a complete moron, once again. It wasn't long before they asked me to switch with this guy as he wasn't working out. On the promise of better money, I agreed to let him have my route verbally.

Long story short the first guy who dropped shit ended up having a suspended license and has been gone for years now. The other moron who had my gig crashed a few times and is also fired for years now.

Now here I am still in the warehouse, me and the other guy.(who is slowly starting to complain to me more and more)
    They now have three full time drivers, and five office workers.

I never called out as a driver because it meant the manager had to drive for me. These drivers now call out so much, he mandated a three sick day a year policy after wich they can fire you.

So here I sit home using my third sick day for the year 2013 already because the other warehouse guy comes in sick, he got me sick last month too. The drivers have already used there three days, but it won't matter. I shouldn't have to worry about calling out if I'm sick. They are the ones who operate short handed.

About the four year mark I finally got that raise I was told I would get and benefits. I was also told I could either get a full time helper, or another raise...(my choice) That deal sortof fell by the wayside. Instead they rent out an adjacent building and start producing other items in this industry, and even expect me to pick up some of the duties involved. They just keep stacking on more and more responsibility, yet the drivers and office workers can all say "That ain't my job" They are all kindof pampered and defended, then me and the other guy only catch criticism when we mess something up.

They never have anything in stock for the customers. Supposedly we are in competition with another much bigger well known company, yet we order off them everyday and they deliver to us, we have to rip labels off and turn around and hand it to our customers....even though they order other stuff off the competitor too.

They want to paint this picture and act like they are these phones sales office professionals but they have their heads so far up their asses, and are always scrambling around stressing us all out behind the scene.

I always get the work done though, even though six years ago I took a driving job to try and get away from doing hard dirty manual labor with no heat or AC all year.
    Only because of managements lack of ability am I stuck helping them expand their business while they reap the benefits.

They started the company by stealing customers from an ex employer of the owner anyway. They deserve to be slandered, the contrived candy coated motherfuckers.

2. I hate my job. It's 4:55 am and I have to work at 5. I'm calling off fuck that. Honestly I don't really care about this job, this is really just allowing me to buy weed. But fuck unloading 1500 boxes off of a truck at 5am in the cold with my boss telling me to move faster, yeah fuck that. I'm going to begin looking at other places for another job. I know I probably sound like a bitch for not wanting to do "hardwork" but fuck that shit. I've done it enough times already.

3. shit wish i could find a shitty job....better than no job

4. Oh hell yeah. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for a job. But we all have those days where our job is the spawn of satan himself.

5. Sounds fucked man! If you're working harder than what youre getting paid just quit :) not worth it, if youve been there that long and they havnt gfixed anything its unlikely that they'll fix themselves soon bro... just quit and get a new job

6. Bussing tables on Fridays and Saturdays is shit. But hey, the pay is good.

7. Damn dude, I don't think I've ever been paid to justify how hard I work!

It funny though if you think about it. The people that build houses, make food, save lives.. Make shit livings...

8. I have two jobs and they are alright, at one I am making good money for pretty much just having responsibilities. The other job is in the field I went to school for and they might bring me too full time soon.

The only advice I can give is too look for a job you know you wont hate. In these tough times I know plenty of people who would kill to have your jobs.