Another Record for Marijuana Arrests

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by amsterdamage, Sep 15, 2008.

1. #1 amsterdamage, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2008
    What do you call a policy that arrests more people every year but doesn't affect demand one bit??? ..Ineffective? :rolleyes:

http://reason.com/blog/show/128793.html

[​IMG]

2. Help us NORML

3. I'm still choking on those facts. Great job Damage.

I'm so tired of this shit.:(

We have a constitutional convention question on the ballot in Connecticut this Nov. we all need to vote yes.
    This will allow us to bring issues up for a vote to the people not the Goverment. Med MJ will come up in the first year.
    without a yes vote first we won't have a chance. CT is one of only 19 states that can't bring issue up for refferendum votes.

We will have to wait 20 years to get another chance.

4. What works and what doesn't work is of no concern to your new fascist government. Get ready to bend over and take it in the ass on a daily basis.
    Unless we show strong alliance and check their every move, we lose our rights completely.
    In their mind, it's the principle of the thing.

5. :mad: That pisses me off! WTF? Go arrest some tweeker who will steal anything they can get there hands on or go stick up a fucking 7Eleven for $40 you piece pf shit good for nothing cops! Legalize It!

I was like examining that chart for like 10 minutes taking in the information, from two per hour to 99 per hour is a shocking statistic indeed, that's nearly two people an hour in each state, although it would likely follow the population density rather than the sq. miles. luckily I live In CA so it's not as bad as in some states such as texas or pretty much anywhere in the bible belt ur fucked if ur caught with weed.:confused:

6. More people arrested (and charged) for a natural herb
    = More people with a criminal record
    = Less available labor at work due to selection
    = Decline of the economy

For the sake of common good, legalize (or at least decriminalize) it
    99 an hour... time for some logical thinking lads

7. <-- Ex US Resident, soon to be ex citizen. I implore you, gtfo of the US, they fucking suck, sorry :(

8. im glad i live in the uk yes its not legal but we dont have a bible belt which probably helps.....ALOT and even if u do get pinched as long as its not a lot and your dont have a record the punishment is pretty easy usually a fine or community work :hello:

9. BC, Canada, FTW.
    but seriously, it'd be legal north of you guys if our spineless government didnt bend over every time the president said boo.

10. Amen to that. Where I live we have quite a big smoking community and the most arrests I've seen here for MJ is about 2, and that was only because of a large shipment which came from Manchester (So really nobody from where I live has been arrested!)

The 99 people an hour is a really shocking Statistic. It's amazing how the US is called the land of the free where there are a lot of Countries that are better off regarding Laws and rights.

-JC