Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another reason to donate to GC today

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by oldskoolgrower, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Anyone who can afford to buy smoke can afford to donate to GC. If you enjoy the content you get here why not give at least $5?

Aside from my own donation I am also writing some detailed content that will only appear in the private forum accessible by donating members.

The first such project has started. I'm going to document in detail one of my grows; this one of the hybrid strain I'm working to genetically stabilize. I'm taking it from mother plant to cuttings to growth to flower and harvest.

I have plans for several essays and grow journals that will go into far more detail than I normally do. You really shouldn't need added reasons to donate if you enjoy it here and get any information of value, but I wanted to do my part to help add good content for members who donate.

For those afraid of your identity being found out by the CIA, you can donate anonymously by sending cash.

2. Thanks for making this thread and for the stuff you're doing in the private forum. :)

The donations are going to the purchase of a new server so that the City will run smoother for everyone. Superjoint has been funding the City on his own since it's been around but our membership has increased to numbers that we never really expected so the donations are kind of necessary now. :p There's too many stoners in the world!!! LOL! :D

Thanks to everyone who has donated and to everyone who has plans to donate. Read the Announcement at the top of every forum for more info. :)

3. That is some high quality content for only 5 bucks..... oldskoolgrower for the win!!!

4. Thanks for the support, RMJL and SJ. I have enjoyed my relatively short time here immensely and it's just my way of giving back.

There will be other things to come. I have a fairly long list of essay/article ideas.

5. I'm not too far away from getting a job( i hope) You can guarantee il be donating as soon as i do.

And it never hurts to learn even more about growing, especially from a pro such as yourself.:p

:D

6. Good luck on the job! Been there done that.

7. Thanks man, I have been lucky i fell into work when i was 16 and stayed there for 4 years. but because of the recession the business went down. Now i'm back in UK and things are even harder. I have a feeling something good is round the corner tho. Gotta stay positive.

8. This forum is such a valuable resource please keep it up and running! The private forums are very cool. Alot of the long time users are offering exclusive advice, services, etc. For example my sig was made for me by a fellow donor.

If you have to just skip one meal and thats probably about $5. You can tell everyone your fasting to protest marijuana prohibition and be a total badass.

Also, setting up a paypal account is completely free and is actually quite useful. Most major retail websites accept paypal. Its a safer way to buy online.

Heres a 3rd party guide on how to set up a pay pal account if you have troubles.
    Setting Up Your PayPal Account and Profile - For Dummies

Happy Toking:bongin: and Donate!:hello:

9. Instead of paying for that 1/8th this week donate, and learn to grow your own. Dont fund the cartels, fund honest people doing what nature intended to happen!

The way I see it if you haven't learned one useful thing from GC, or LOL'd on more then a single occassion don't donate...but Im thinking everyone on here has learned or laughed as a direct result of GC! So let's donate people!

10. One of the projects I'm thinking about documenting for the paid section is the grafting of cannabis clones on to humulus lupus (hops). They are very close cousins and I know it can be done because I've seen it, many years ago. I grow several hops plants each year because they are gorgeous and because I use the flowers for beer brewing. I am probably going to graft a few cannabis clones to one of my vines sometime in late June or early July then see if they take and flower.

One of my hops:

[​IMG]

11. Now that sounds like something i would like to see!

12. If I can make it work imagine the possibilities :D

Buds hanging off of an inconspicuous hop vine.

13. Hey grower, I like the idea of cannahobs :) Maybe it will work out! :)

14. When I click the download page, it goes to PayPal in Dutch. I'm ready to donate but how can I do so in English?

15. TBH, "exclusive" content like that isn't enticing at all.... Nothing on GC is really exclusive, its all available on the rest of the web for free.

And I didn't seem to notice as much downtime/slow server speeds until GC started asking for money.

I like GC, and if I had a bit of extra dough, I would throw some your way. But GC simply entertains me, and I have lots of other things that are way more entertaining that cost money that are a higher priority.

16. From the donation announcment:

"Donate directly via your PayPal account to our membership address: gcmembership@threekings.nl

Please make sure to describe your membership as : “gcmembership” and please mention your forum username(!)"

You can just log into the regular PayPal site and send the donation that way.

17. From the Announcement:

Donate directly via your PayPal account to our membership address: gcmembership@threekings.nl

Please make sure to describe your membership as : “gcmembership” and please mention your forum username(!)

:)

***LOL @ us, osg!!! :D

18. I know man! It definitely an interesting thought.

19. You got me ;)