Another reason not to use miracle grow

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MrTee, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Doesn't surprise me one fu€<Ing bit.

Monsanto is pure evil. I'd rather be a mobster hitman than work for and draw a paycheck from those Antichrist Mothers - I'd feel better about myself.

Bastards. Those birds mean much more to me than the people (can we call them that?) that work there.

J

2. #3 Sizlunt, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2012
    I'm surprised that it wasn't prosecuted criminally by the Department of Interior for violation of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act and possibly the Endangered Species Act. What they did is clearly a violation of the former, and possibly the latter depending on whether or not they killed any threatened or endangered birds.

3. Where do you think the EPA hires their people from?

4. Not to mention any bud I've smoked grown with miracle grow, whether the grower ' flushed' the shit outta them before harvest or not the nugs still taste HORRIBLE I'd almost feel better huffing spray paint then tasting that awful chemical taste miracle grow has. You can even smell it on most of the buds. Nasty. All chemical nutrients make buds taste shittier but mg just outdoes em all by a long shot

5. I posted about this the other day also. I also came across this about mircale gro when I was reading up about the bird poisoning.
    "According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Miracle Gro potting soil may cause irritation of the eyes or skin, as well as diarrhoea, vomiting or nausea if ingested"
    So whatever is in it that can cause diarrhea, vomiting, and nausea is going to transfer into the bud you smoke. Even with a good flush using miracle gro it still has all that cruddy time release caps in them that will more then likely not dissolve in time.

Disgusting company and this should be spread to more people.

6. Not to be a big defender of miracle grow, but I would imagine that eating dirt wouldn't be very easy on the digestive system, regardless of which company made it :laughing:

7. You'd be surprised how compartmentalized agencies within the government are. I know that the MBTA and ESA are administered and enforced by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and not the EPA. I imagine they went the route they did because the DoJ felt they had the strongest case with the EPA's pesticide laws. This is sort of one of my personal irritations with how the DoJ does its decision making when deciding to take up a case. IF it were my decision to make, I would have taken Scotts to task on the civil action, as well as criminal prosecution under MBTA. The problem with the second option, and probably why it wasn't done, is that they'd have to prove take of a bird listed under the MBTA. Harder to do than you'd imagine. But I would have done it anyhow and made them spend their money defending against the charge.

8. Jerry, Siz,Kat,Sticky, and OP, I share your hatred for this company. They caused my Uncle and Father in law to die an untimely death from Agent Ornge exposure while they were in Vietnam. If a color coded map were to be made that showed the level of childhood cancer in North America, and ranked it red or highest, and blue for lowest, the reds around major agricultural areas would rank right up there with nuclear plants and chemical factories. As it has been for decades, the population density is much lower in big farm areas so it's easier for the gub'ment to cover up the statistics. Of course, not only Monsanto is to blame for poisoning agricultural communities. You have DuPont, Aceto, and others. I live where cotton and peanuts are king and queen, and on a given day in summer you can smell the stenching agents they put in those chemicals hanging in the air at night. It just makes you sick. The poor dudes who drive the tractors that spray it stay sick. People I know well who farm say it makes them dizzy and faint.

9. Pgood damm that's some grim shit in your portion of the country. Here in cali you never hear about the rest of the country's woes unless something has a body count...21 dead of Hanta virus in Texas...its a epedimic! never mind that in the Carribean its called dingue fever and has been around as long as yellow fever...thanx for the enlightenment.....has anybody noticed GC isn't sending message notifications? Is this like a couple of weeks ago when it wouldn't upload pics?

10. #11 poppybgood, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012
    Dr Mengle, it's like that wherever big farming takes place. Cotton crops are sprayed more than any other. It just so happens that I live where there's basically nothing but cotton and peanut farms. A lot of people don't realize it, and perhaps California has rules against it, but here in the Southeast, Paraquat and 2-4D are still in use. Paraquat is acutely toxic to humans.And when you buy planter's peanuts, peanut butter, Soy products, or anything with cottonseed oil you are eating it.

Edit: Think about this: DuPont's "Classic" insecticide is so potent that 1 pint is added to a tank that covers 100 acres per directions.The insects have adapted to it, so the local Ag dept. recommends using 1 pint to 25 acres on cotton for the bowl weavel and caterpillars. I know about this because I work for big farmers . A lot of people try to blame the farmer, but it's not their fault. They are given a choice to use the products or quit farming. That's how companies like Monsanto roll. And the FDA is their little bitch.

11. Don't I remember something from when I was a kid about "Paraquat Pot"?

I seem to remember hearing stories about that stuff being sprayed on marijuana fields... if there was some particularly nasty tasting buds going around when I was a teenager,it was blamed on the paraquat...

J

12. Paraquat is such a strong herbicide it will fry weeds in hours, not days. I couldn't imagine what a sack of paraquat pot would look like. I remember my Dad talking about it as well Jerry.