Another "Q" for DrBudGreengenes

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by suspect, Jul 22, 2007.

1. this one plant that I have is showing signs of heat stress
    and was just wondering if you knew if these leaves are gonna
    return to normal,
    or, are they gonna stay the same and the new growth will just grow in normaly?
    is the plant fucked?
    I had them indoors, and had them under 3 1000, but it was waaaaay
    too hot....thats why I put them outside.
    they "seem" to be ok now, but its hard to tell, due to the fact that I cant see my plants during the day cause theyre on private property,
    and I dont wanna bait it out, so to speak.....so,
    can you shed some light on this subject for me, since I cant really light up my plants at night other than the flash on my camera! thanx....

Attached Files:

2. EZ man it gonna be fine.....;)
    the move out under the "Big Halide in the Sky"...is very traumatic to say the least......
    Are these the same ones that under went "Light stress" a week or so ago?
    If so the are doing great ....and you have "Stressed the hell out of them".......which on one hand is bad but on the other hand good for the future of your grow :D
    If those bitches would "Hermie" on ya' it would prolly be now or never :p

You might wanna think about 2 growing seasons

Winter....Run as many lights & plants as possible..."Overgrow your needs" (then Vac.-Seal)

Summer....a mother box and a place to grow new strains over the Hot months of summer... w/a place for a coupla hundred clones so when the time comes (late Sept-Oct) you are ready to go full on right away as soon as Temps are managable :bongin:

Or if ya' still wanna run the 1000's in the Summer think about 9hours 45 min light per day and lights out 1 day a week flowering it works ......at 2/3's yield of 12/12 but do the math on the Hours of light /grams of yield vs 12/12 its not bad :rolleyes:

This has been done ONLY with 1000 watt HPS don't ANYBODY try it with a smaller light and then bitch to me ...lol :smoking:

3. yes the are the same ones that underwent light stress, but they're growing too fast, the other day before i put em outside they were taller than the height of my bulbs.
    I didnt wanna raise the bulbs cause i have a batch of 12" plants in there also thats why i put em out.plus i have 200 clones that are pretty much rooted so i can always refill my room at any time.

Im already preparing for the winter, planning on using 90amps
    and any "extra" chronic will be "donated" to my homies.!
    they have habits too.
    LOL
    thanx for the reply

4. hey doc...is there a "standard" photo length, under natural conditions, which tends to trigger flowering in the mean, bag seed variety, mj plant?? i'm at ~15-9 now...i know strains differ etc...is there a rule of thumb i guess is my Q...

5. dude you really have to search.

12/12

6. Are ya messin with the light or dark cycle? :confused:

The 9 hour 45 min. I spoke of is the Min. amount of light to have "Good" flowering in 90% of MJ under a 1000 watt HPS some of the strains we tested like this would still flower at 6 hour 35 min....the one that did that was a Jamaican from the Winter 1986 "Trip to Ganja Mountain"

When ya' get down past 10 hour ....expect some "Strange" stuff to happen .....
    Hermies...:(
    Stretching 3-4" of stem overnight :mad:
    W.....A.........Y Stretched flowers

7. hey guy been readin some of your posts...koodos ...my main Q for you is... how do i get your job???... actually i have 2 grows(generations i call them) going now both bag seed...clones are sexing now...i veg under 4' floro shop light then when they outgrow their space i put them outside in containers...i am not interested in minimum light, quite the opposite, i would like to know minimum dark ...(i have one plant 5 weeks into 12-12, generation 1)(10 plants from generation 2, 6, 1 week into 12-12, the other four too heavy to drag into dark room...i'm in ~15-9 now does the ave. mj roughly begin to flower at 13.5-10.5...14-10...12.75-11.25 etc. i can give ya ave temps for my area high, and low. i just figured out what i really would like to know is when is the dark period sufficient, long enough, so a forced flowering plant can be left outside all night and not go into reveg. around here 12-12 is here oct 3...this next generation which will veg under floros i would like to force flower as soon as is feasable and put them outside so as to not have to drag them in every night...if that makes sence... thanx for your input man..

ps the minimum light info will be very handy come spring when it is time to put babies out to finish flowering and light is at a premium...thanx again.