Another prohibition caused tragedy in Utah

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Visionary, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Take a trained veteran with an assault rifle and ptsd then have a swat team break the door down serving a drug related search warrant. The results aren't pretty. 1 cop dead and several other people including the suspect seriously injured.

Sounds to me like this may have all been caused by the poor guy growing some cannabis to medicate his symptoms. So far the actual info on what they found hasn't been released though. If it turns out that he was running a meth lab or something I'll be less sympathetic.
    Ogden police: fallen officer was family | ksl.com

2. I am not going to necessarily say anything mean about USA's police force, but somehow this really shows the "skill" of some policemen in the force.

I mean 1 dude managed to shoot 6 officers, while high and almost hitting age 40. :eek:Yet he is alright, and not even in critical state.

I really do not think cops use their firearms correctly sometimes. How do 6+ men with pistols and attachments manage to get "owned" by 1 man.

I seriously can not believe that dude did not get hit or killed badly at all. I mean he gets a headshot on one officer, shoots another twice in chest and once in arm, shoots another officer in the hip, kills one officer, and hits a couple more.

and this is more then a one time occasion. Because i have seen many point blank shoot outs between cop/criminal were its like "wtf" point blank range without any hits.

3. I have read the article and have just one question. If he was a recluse and grew his own. How did they get the information for the warrant? I mean I doubt he grew them in plain sight, so how did they know?

4. Could have been neighbors spreading rumors or something. Sounds like he wasn't especially liked in the neighborhood.

5. Someone needs to release the official number of deaths caused directly by prohibition. It honestly makes me sad that the war on marijuana has killed thousands more in the past 80 years than marijuana ever has, or will.

6. While this is indeed a tragedy for all involved, it would have been a non-issue if we'd had sensible regulation in place to start with.

Prohibition has never worked.

7. Here is a list from Drug War Rant:

[​IMG]Drug
    War
    Victims

8. Holy crap, I read all of those stories in amazement. Do we live in a messed up world or what.

9. [quote name='"Imadankster"']I am not going to necessarily say anything mean about USA's police force, but somehow this really shows the "skill" of some policemen in the force.

I mean 1 dude managed to shoot 6 officers, while high and almost hitting age 40. :eek:Yet he is alright, and not even in critical state.

I really do not think cops use their firearms correctly sometimes. How do 6+ men with pistols and attachments manage to get "owned" by 1 man.

I seriously can not believe that dude did not get hit or killed badly at all. I mean he gets a headshot on one officer, shoots another twice in chest and once in arm, shoots another officer in the hip, kills one officer, and hits a couple more.

and this is more then a one time occasion. Because i have seen many point blank shoot outs between cop/criminal were its like "wtf" point blank range without any hits.[/quote]

He had the home field advantage.

10. Reading some of these stories is horrible.

"They sandwiched the car so we had to stop," Robles said. "Then they started shooting. I thought we were getting attacked by gang members. I tried to shield Ashley but I could tell right away she had been hit. She whispered my name. I felt her shaking and could see she had a hole in her head. Look what they did to poor Ashley. And then these men get out of their cars and come at us, and we are out of the car and on the ground, and she is moaning and crying. I see chunks of her head; her face had turned purple and blue. I was covered in her blood. She was dying and wanted me to hold her. I said to one of the men, 'Please let me hold her, she's going.' He stomped his foot hard on my back and said, 'Don't move.'"

Yet people support these officers for their deeds.

11. Holy shit I honestly teared up..