Another problem: Pictures...scroll to bottom.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by washedmothafuka, Apr 1, 2011.

1. #1 washedmothafuka, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011
    Hey guys, my little bagseed was doing great up until I fed it with tap water :eek:, It now has brown tips on the real leaves. I believe its the chlorine, just watered it with bottled water, sorry its hard to see in the pic. Just wanted to know what you guys thought. Thanks. :bongin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Let tap water sit and air for several hours so the chlorine can evaporate. I actually use pH adjusted tap water and haven't had an issue. I don't let it sit either.

As for the plant. Brown tips with no yellowing points towards heat burn.

Perhaps there was water sitting on the leaves and it magnified the light. Or bulbs are too close. Perhaps both.

3. 2 5500k like an inch away, too much? Here's a pic

[​IMG]

Thanks for the quick post.

4. those are too close, even though the cfls dont seem to be super hot whenever my girls get to be an inch or so away they get the burns on the tips like that. in veg when the plants rapidly grow its a constant struggle to not let the plant get up too close to the light, but also not too far away cause that will cause stretching issues...

5. Thanks dude, just took the book out from under it, about 1.5-2 inches away now. Maybe it'll grow better now. Night.

6. yea i use a stack of those disposable coasters that bars have to hold my plant up so i can make small acurate adjustments, cause like i said if they are too far ur plant will keep growing upwards to reach the light and it will be really stretched out, but then again thats better than burning it to death... my $.02

7. If you are just starting out.

Check out Mycorrhizae (VAM).

Make that little boy grow, grow, grow :smoke:

8. Good idea aad, I have a bunch of those layin around, never even thought of that.

And it says I have Mycorrhizae in the Sunshine #4 starter mix. When I transplant should I feed it a VAM tea like twice during veg?

9. Mycorrhizae is like Hard Disk Drives and RAM. You can have not enough but it's very, very difficult to have too much.

10. Well put G-pa, I'll go pick me up some to use through out the entire season.

11. #11 washedmothafuka, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011
    So the past few days I have been noticing some curving in the leaves that does not look natural. Today was the first day I put her outside because I felt she wasn't getting enough C02 in my small as hell veg room. I was thinking over watering but I make stick my finger halfway down the soil to tell if its dry before I water. Hmm, I have no fans/intake or outtake in my grow room because its like 1'x2'x1'...ha!

I just brought it indoors from like 4 hours of on and off sun. I put her back under the 2 cfl's to continue vegging. I will continue to put outdoors for a few hours everyday.

Here is important info according to sticky:
    -Soil
    -Sunshine #4
    -Indoor and Outdoor
    -Bagseed
    -10 days old
    -2 5500k CFL
    -~2inches from lights
    -I water every time the top 2 inches of soil is dry
    -No nutrients yet
    -Not sure on the temperature of the room, guessing 70-80F
    -3"x3"x3" pots
    -No ventilation
    Anyways here are some pictures to help show the change and PERHAPS you fellow blades have seen this before? Almost looks like nute burn...but no nutes have been added.

Before (Day 6):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After (Day 10):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. This cannot be natural?!?!?!?!?!

[​IMG]

13. #13 boomboom1, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    One of my last plants had that. Not sure what it was but it turned out to be fine and looks great now.

14. Did the leaf set end up just dying off? Or did they fix themselves? Its only the first leaf set, and the new growth looks healthy, so I should be alright unless this continues to spread to all my leaves. Thanks again everyone.

15. I luv that last pic.

Its like its got its arms out
    to steady itself, as it learns to stand.

Freak
    :smoke: