Another Pax by Ploom Review ~Pics~

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by budlove43, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Everyone basically has an idea of the Pax from the many YouTube videos out there, so I'll just add some bits and pieces.

I ordered the Pax from VapeWorld, shipping was fast. Order placed over the weekend was shipped on Monday and arrived on Thursday (FL to NY) using Fedex. Here's whats in the box: The Pax Vaporizer, 3 X stickers with ploom logo, a vapeworld sticker, and what I think is an iron on shirt decal :confused:, Whatever your free gift was (Mine was a 3 piece Aerospaced Grinder and not in the box, but pictured is a pouch I picked up at a local store that sells handcrafts.
    [​IMG]

The first thing I did was charge up the Pax. When I initially took it out of the box and shook it to see the charge level it blinked orange/yellow (medium charge). It took between 50m to 1hr to switch to green.
    [​IMG]
    When it finished I tested it out. I had been reading at fuckcombustion forum that some people where filling the oven just slightly and vaping on low as well as packing the oven tightly and starting at medium. I decided to try both ways. I must say that the Pax delivered for me using both methods. With the smaller lighter bowl, I was able to comfortably vape in my car while waiting in parking lot with people coming and going. The smell is minimal and just dissipated into the air. The vapor here for me were not that big/heavy and was relaxing instead of stoned out (good for when you have errands). When I packed the bowl and started on medium, the clouds were a lot bigger, and still tasty, although I feel like that the taste was better on the lower setting. Here is a pic of the oven. This was when the oven was filled and then packed down. I started on low taking about 12 hits. Then I mixed the bud, went to medium and took about 5 more. This is the bud after mixing the oven and then tamping it down
    [​IMG]
    It's getting darker, but there is still a decent amount of green in there. After this I took about 4 more med temp hits and then turned the pax to red (410) to finish. I think in total I got a good 25 good draws from that. I have not tried packing a full bowl and then starting on high. The mouthpiece will get hot at the higher temperature as well as the oven door, but nothing that would burn too badly though when opening up the over to stir or tamp trying to grab the side of the oven door burned my finger tips sometimes.
    Here's the auto feature. Put it down for 20s and it automatically switched to standby. Heating back up to medium temp took around 10s.
    [​IMG]

I can say that so far I really love it. I love that you can tailor how you want to vape from it and it just works. I have been clicking the mouthpiece up and down after smoking so that resin doesn't build in the mouthpiece that some people have complained of and also taking a draw after the pax is off to clear any trailing vapor. I think I just love the look of it the most. Anyway, vape time!
    Pax, Doob tube of stash, grinder and pouch.
    [​IMG]
    I ordered another pouch that I will put the Pax in just so that it doesn't get too beat up if it is in my bag. (I have noticed that the bottom edge near the oven has started to lose its paint)

2. Now that you've had it for a while, can you post an update?

My early good impressions were later sunk by performance issues.

Curious as to how others see it once the new toy syndrome diminishes.

3. Unless you have an abundance or a high income, I don't recommend over packing the pax which is the mistake I made. Like said... It's a good portable vape, one thats better than any other portable vape out there but if your vaping from home then you should invest in a socket vape.

Kom

4. you can only fill it up a little bit as long as you pack it down; it should still deliver as big of hits just for a shorter period of time.

5. Facekicker, I have had some performance issues myself. Though my Pax still works, sometimes, it stays in the heating up phase for much too long. It's like the temperature regulation is off. I experienced it for the first time about a month after I received it. It magically corrected itself and since the first time it has happened again. So as of now my Pax will otherwise function normally, but has temp regulation issues. Hoping it will correct itself again. I think it might have to do with the way the bowl is packed, airflow kinda things. Gonna fiddle with it.