Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another parent thread

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DonkeyBong88, Feb 18, 2011.

1. So I just graduated college and moved back home to live with my parents in this in-between period between school and moving out on my own. Now I love to smoke bud, but my parents are completely against it. They don't know i'm a regular toker, but they would probably freak out if they knew. My question to those of you who have unapproving parents is this, have you ever wanted to tell them and how did it go? I hide it now because I don't really want to chance what may happen if they find out and I'm still living here, but I feel like it is something that I shouldn't have to hide. I'm of the personal opinion that there is nothing wrong with MJ, and prop 19 in Cali provided me with the opportunity to talk about the subject without raising too much suspicion. Unfortunately, they are unyielding in their opinions despite the evidence to the contrary concerning the effects of bud personally and on society. I maintain a pretty good relationship with them both, but i feel that there may come a time after I've moved out where it won't be good enough for me to keep it secret. Still, I'd rather avoid drama over something that really doesn't warrant it at all. So again, for those of you in a similar position that did go with a complete honest approach, how was it? Did they learn to accept your choices or are things pretty bad? Thanks for any feedback. Keep tokin :smoking:

2. i eventually got disowned by my dad and had to leave my home at around midnite....

edit: went two years like that

3. I'd be scared to tell my mom.

See: what do your parents think about weed thread

4. What do you mean? See what they think about a thread regarding weed?

5. fuckaadhole parents..lveo good parents

6. No lol, he is suggesting that YOU check that thread out

7. My parents are alright with it.

8. Back when i started smoking in grade 9, my parents hated it, would ground me and shit. My mom's a drug councellor ontop of that. Now, i can smoke on my porch, have my bong on my dresser in my room. Just work at it slowly for awhile

9. i didnt start till i was 17 and pretty much 100% independant from my family then i just told them and it was ok nothing big came of it although i hide my cigarette smoking from my family. kinda weird