Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another one of those got caught threads( please help)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Alphå, Oct 14, 2006.

1. So I was smoking a bowl when my mom came in the room. I held my breath as long as possible, but to no avail. she saw it

she took my weed

I sat her down and tried to talk to her. I brought up some good points, but I could use some more.

She says its illegal and I'm only 18 not even 21.

I live at home until next fall when I move to college

I get good grades, I dont get in t rouble, I'm as kind and polite to as many people as I can be. I dont see why its so bad and wrong.

im not killing or even hurting anyone

what the fuck

she even mentioned if she even suspects, she is going to Drug test me. she mentioned monthly testing wtf.

This is so wrong, and she is so upset over the dumbest thing.

I'm going to blatently tell them that for the past 2 years I've smoked almost every day and that I'm going to a great college, I have a great life ahead of me, and marijuana is what turned me from a lost kid who wanted to join the marines becuase he thought it would be cool to someone who has a future and a great personality.

I dont fucking get it. I have a roach and a half a bowl left. Damn...

2. Man thats terrible. There's really not much convincing you can do if their argument is that it is illegal. You could always bring up the point that so is downloading music, etc... but it still happens.

I wouldn't bring up that you have been smoking everyday for two years, that might make them freak a bit and think you are an adidct. Just play it cool for a while, let things settle down, and hope to god you dont get caught again. Best of luck to you man

3. I might just quit until I move out. Although I said that last time and it lasted a week

She thinks all my friends are stoners, when I only have like one good friend that smokes..

I'm probably going to do some wikipedia reading just to get some numbers in my head for the great debate that we have ahead.

I already tried a bit of persuasion right when she caught me and I sat her down, but she was like "Your not going to convince me to let you do an illicit drug" to which I relied, "Its not illicit, and its not a drug")

4. tell them in 12 states its decriminalized and the country is moving towards legalization.....ask them to watch the LEAP( law enforcement agaisnt prohibtion) video on this forum....u can find it on youtube so u dont have to show them this actual forum....its hard to sway parents but ive talked to mine about the positives of legalization and shit like that.....in other countries with far less violent crime like the netherlands its legal and look at canada they never really prosecute for weed offenses and the murder rate there is extremely low....it also has some medical benefits....but thats if you really want to argue with them...u might be better off just leaving it alone....i dunno im stoned....

CLIFFNOTES:12 states decriminalized it,LEAP video, Netherlands - Canada low crime rate and tolerance for weed,medical benefits,might be better off leaving the subject alone with your parents

5. Honesty is the best policy when it comes to parents.

Just tell them straight up "I love you guys and appreciate everything you've done for

me. But I've smoked marijuana for the last 2 years and it hasn't affected anything.

I am not going to quit unless I feel it's affecting my life in a negative way. It's illegal

yes, But I am fully aware of the legal consequences of marijuana and I am ready

to take responsibilities for my actions if deemed necessary. But just so you know

I am a responsible smoker and would never do anything to jeopardize my future."

Something like that would work. To be honest a subject like this would probaly be

better in note rather than in person. She might try to rebuttle your argument and

that would just lead to a fight or bad disagreement. I think a resonsible note says

more than words could. Hope that helped

6. I think I'm ready to quit for a bit anyways... I was planning on finishing up what I had then maybe starting up in december

blkah I dont know

7. I'm sorry to say, but I think your arguments won't really work. I was in the same situation and the only thing that helped was time and the consultation of psychologists who assured her I was being responsible. At first, my parents tested me every three weeks. About 4 or 5 months later, with the help of psychologists, they decided to not condone smoking, but not go out of their way to crack down. The only thing that gets to them now is if they catch me in the act, even if they smell it they will purposely ignore it. BTW, this all started during the beginning of my 9th grade year of highschool (age 14). So have hope, but just know that it will take a lot of time for them to get comfortable with letting you be responsible for yourself. Also, how the fuck can they test you if you're 18? Are they threatening to take away college help? If so, I guarantee a psychologist will solve the problem, just find a good non-biased one. Sorry for the long post, but I can connect with your problems pretty well.

8. I agree. But just to let you know when you say this, "But just so you know

I am a responsible smoker and would never do anything to jeopardize my future." They

might hit you back with, "You could end up with a criminal record which could jeopardize

your chances of getting a good job."

I'm in the same boat as you are. I debated them for a whole week on the subject, but I

realized that I was fighting a never ending war. As long as I live in their house, I must

follow their rules. So I basically just gave up and now I have to hide it even more. It

doesn't bother me that much though. Best of luck with your situation.

9. You're 18...and moving out soon. Just bring up the fact that you are an adult now and can make your own decisions, and that drug testing, etc is childish. Just tell her that you are going to smoke no matter what, and that she can either accept it or not, because her input is not going to affect your decisions.

10. you gotta do what you feel is right for you. not your friends. not your parents . you.