Another Northern Outdoor Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Green First, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Hey everyone this is the last time I type out my post......I made such a long post the last time I got timed out and lost everything I typed............fuchhhhhhhhhhher Im not mad though.....LOL and breath

Last year you might remember my grow "Northern Canada Island grow 06"

Anyway this year is now so let’s talk.....I'm trying different strains this year. Freezeland or Friesland depends on where your from I figure, KC 33 very popular in Europe high yielder fast finisher, my experiment Skunk X Dutch Treat very "f'en stinky even without bud ....smells like a type of cereal - Brown sugar something, Electric Purple from Northerseed bank yields 1 to 1.5 pounds per, and maybe a couple other strains that I don’t know about.......All the strains I grow are used by major cultivators Like I wish I was , but the 9 to 5 thing gets in the way not mentioning the GF.....maybe Ill get a dog instead and quit the job for next year.....here’s for hoping I guess LOL.

I guess I should give alittle more detail on my grow. I have a total of around 15 to 20 plants. 10 Freezelands and 5 skunk x Dutch and 3 KC33's and 2 electric purples....something like that anyway.

So this year im back to my roots grown on rocks or mountain peaks, that way the bear/deers/rabbits and us all have a really hard time finding it. Plus the green babies like the o2 at higher altitudes. I have some pic to post once I find my dig I will post for your drooling pleasures.

Also, I know there are all types of growers on here some with alot more experience than others, so I have a question for those in the know.....Other than tying down and super cropping what are some tried and proven methods for increasing yield, like types of ferts whatever surprise me either on here or through a private post

Overgrow the world people (I will)......peace and
    pot.:smoke::smoke::smoke:<o:p></o:p>

• Like Like x 1
  2. hello again, 40 people have viewed this and no comments....well maybe now since i added some pics.

All the pics are in order of growth.....

Let me know what you all think and if anyone has any questions.?

Grow on.

Attached Files:

3. Damn dude. you're lucky to be able to grow outdoors

4. <TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1747183" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Cface</TD><TD class=alt2>Damn dude. you're lucky to be able to grow outdoors</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks Cface. You must be far north if you're not able to grow outdoors. And yes i guess i am lucky to be able to have so many natural resources at my disposal.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Cheers<o:p></o:p>

5. Great pictures man, those plants and your grow spot look great. However, are they getting enough direct sunlight? I ask this because I see some tall trees in the background that might cover your plants. Around 4 hours of direct sunlight a day is quite alright for a big yield.

Good luck with your grow mate. Keep posting pictures!

I'll grab a bowl (and a chair) and stay tuned.:smoke:

6. <TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1747650" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>dutch_club</TD><TD class=alt2>Great pictures man, those plants and your grow spot look great. However, are they getting enough direct sunlight? I ask this because I see some tall trees in the background that might cover your plants. Around 4 hours of direct sunlight a day is quite alright for a big yield.

Good luck with your grow mate. Keep posting pictures!

I'll grab a bowl (and a chair) and stay tuned.:smoke:</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

thanks Dutch_club, well for the other factors like soil, security and water its all good. Thats the only thing I need to improve on. But they still get direct sun from at least 12 noon to the end of the day....Its hard to tell from the pics, but im at the highest peak and alot of those trees you see aren't growing on the same level as the plants, which allows more light to get in. plus I've went out there all times in the day and stragically cut out certain trees to alow more light. I would assume they are getting enough light because the last time I was there hmmmm maybe a week ago some of the plants were up to my chest (around 4.5/5 feet or so).

7. solid, looking good

8. <TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Yesterday 09:30 AM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1749454" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>deepgreensea</TD><TD class=alt2>solid, looking good</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks Deepgreensea.

ALso, I thought I should explain more on my plantas. I starting some seeds indoors in Feb and vegged them out for a couple months then grabbed some clones off them. The plants that yuo see in the earlier post were started in late May. So they are 60 days old today or 8 weeks. THe last 2 pics from the bottom are the eldest ones there around 53 days or 7 weeks in the picture. The first pic was taken 2 weeks after planting and the middle one is at 4 weeks. Hopefully everything works out and I have another winter of free smoke.
    Let me know if anyone has any questions or comments?>

9. I'd recomend Atami brand B'Cuzz Grow and Bloom stimulators and a product like Botanicare's Pure Bloom Blend Pro

10. <TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1752185" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>judoman</TD><TD class=alt2>I'd recomend Atami brand B'Cuzz Grow and Bloom stimulators and a product like Botanicare's Pure Bloom Blend Pro</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Ill</st1:place></st1:State> look in to that, but thanks. I'm very happy with the results my “heavy harvest" gives me. All I have to do is throw the fertilized granules to the ground and when the rain starts they start (the fert that is). And this lasts for 2 to three weeks depends on the amount of rain your area gets and how big the plants are. I start with heavy harvest at 3 week intervals then as the plants grow to 3.5 feet and higher I start with the HH every two weeks. HH is one of the only time released ferts on the market that specializes in Marijuana. I'm surprised more don't use it......do a goggle search and find it.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

11. That set up looks great. You are lucky to have found such a nice spot! Good luck with your grow, all the best.:hello:

12. <TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1754487" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Tokin'Tiger</TD><TD class=alt2>That set up looks great. You are lucky to have found such a nice spot! Good luck with your grow, all the best.:hello:</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks TT, your thanks is much appreicated. I hope my luck continues for the rest of my grow.

ALso, I'll have some more pics to post later this week. ANy requests?

13. well i went on a watering trip yesterday to give the babies some water. I gave them about 15 gallons, some of the plants around the one edge of my spot were wilted but ok. If i would have waited for another week there could have been a much bigger problem. All the freezeland and electric purple are about on average 4.5 to 5.5 feet and their now showing pre hairs .....wooooohooooo so another 7 weeks I will have monster buds. As for the dutch treat X skunk, no pre hairs yet so it looks like Ill have to make a double harvest......All the plants are heathly dark green and even without buds you can smell them 10 feet or so away......yum. Ill post some pics later today.....

14. nice spot what kinda wire are you using? My spot is a little smaller and needs to be animal proof. is there any benefit to growing on a mountain

15. <TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="BACKGROUND: #ecfcb2; WIDTH: 100%; mso-cellspacing: .7pt; mso-padding-alt: 4.5pt 4.5pt 4.5pt 4.5pt" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 4.5pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 4.5pt; BACKGROUND: #f9fee5; PADDING-BOTTOM: 4.5pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 93.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 4.5pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8" vAlign=top width=125>
    dc2itrguy<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 4.5pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 4.5pt; BACKGROUND: #f0fcc5; PADDING-BOTTOM: 4.5pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 4.5pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8" vAlign=top>nice spot what kinda wire are you using? My spot is a little smaller and needs to be animal proof. is there any benefit to growing on a mountain<o:p></o:p>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

I'm using hemp string, I like this because unlike cotton string it does absourb to much water. Also, its pretty cheap 2 bucks for 100 feet worth.<o:p></o:p>
    I find there are alot of benefits to mountain growing. I'll list what i think/know:

1. Higher elevation means more CO2 which plants love.<o:p></o:p>

2. Pest control, on a mountain top there are less predators, at least in my area. How many deers do you see walking in the mountains? Excally, not many.
    3. Security. Anything flying over will have a harder time finding anything thats in the mountain tops. Helicopters/planes have to have a minium alitude when traveling over mountain ranges (1000 feet min) otherwise they risk crashing. There are alot of air thermals around mountains, which is dangerous for anyone in the air. ALso, for human security, not as many people are likely to climb at random directly into the bush and go straight up a mountain. Unless there hikers. Bascally your odds are reduced, compared to an open feild.
    4. Better sun......IM closer to the sun so I get more intence sunlight.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR]

on the down side you have to water more, and you have to do alot of hardcore mountain climbing. But i dont mind the work, its my outdoor gym

First one my baby and her new friend. That Fuker scared the Muther Chucker out of me. I got really close to the plant for a peek and that’s what was looking right at me....he was huge maybe an 1 and a half inchs long.

Here's a couple extra pics I got from a couple days ago.<First one my baby and her new friend. THat Fuker scared the Muther Clucker out of me. I got really close to the plant for a peek and thats what was looking right at me....he was huge maybe an 1 and a half inchs long.

Second was taken a week or so ago at another mountain top. All the plants are either Freezeland or Electric Purple.

Attached Files:

16. I just looked up and read about Heavy Harvest fertalizers. The stuff looks very good in that it provides all the micro and macro nutrients and a 3 step spring summer and fall fert. Your plants are seeming to thrive in it. I dont see anywhere on the Advanced Nutrients website what it's derived from, it only say's "Comprised of only the finest ingredients."
    I've been using sea kelp derived products for awhile and have been noticing a tremendous boost in all of my gardening. I've also had a really pleasant experience using a foliar spray called "CHI" which contains chitosan salts. It thickens your plants cell walls by tricking your plant into believing that it's being attacked by insects, resulting in more oil and THC production. Also by twisting branches gently (generally with just your thumb and index finger) you will hear the brand 'snap', these micro fractures cause the plant to produce more oils and structure stronger.
    BTW my friend was growing Cambodian Sativa hash plant X M39 (Friesland Indica) called Superfreeze from Prarie Fire Seed company (ordered from Marc Emery). Man! I sure miss that stuff! That was some great herb with a way up, soaring, energizing high. Sweet and piney smelling with a bit of skunky overtones and tasted like smooooth hash.

Happy Gardening

17. wow they have grown to be very nice plants.. How long does it take from seedling to where your at now? I am asking because I am up north also and on a mountain, people are saying I wont even get to see them grow. I am using a small amount of miracle grow and lots of water. And what was your spacing distance they look pretty close together are they?

Thanks

18. <TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1761908" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>dc2itrguy</TD><TD class=alt2>wow they have grown to be very nice plants.. How long does it take from seedling to where your at now? I am asking because I am up north also and on a mountain, people are saying I wont even get to see them grow. I am using a small amount of miracle grow and lots of water. And what was your spacing distance they look pretty close together are they?

Thanks</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Well I usually start around late May (May 20 to May 30) to Early June (June 1 to June 7). So all my plants range from around 7 to 8 weeks old as of today. IF your really interested in learning get some books on outdoor growing there is alot of info in them, and by reading you will learn alot more than from this site. This site I find is good for all those questions you have after your research. But anyway, thats my advice.

Your right the space in the last pic I uploaded the plants are close together maybe 1 1/2 distance from eachother. Normally I try and give the plants a 2 to 3 foot radius space between eachother. What i do if the plants are to close together is i use steak posts and pin the plants down around all side to allow more light to filter thro them.
    In that last pic I posted I harvested over 7 pounds (dry) from that area last year, the area is about 15 by 8 feet.

19. wow. my area is somewhat small i dont have a hatchet or chainsaw to cut down the trees right now but i have like a 3ft wide by 9 ft length area like through the trees and bushes in the middle of no where. i just spaced my plants 1.5 ft apart too because I am new I just tossed seeds into the ground and they poped up everywhere so now they are all evenly placed and doing well. I am in PA by the way

20. <TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1763098" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>dc2itrguy</TD><TD class=alt2>wow. my area is somewhat small i dont have a hatchet or chainsaw to cut down the trees right now but i have like a 3ft wide by 9 ft length area like through the trees and bushes in the middle of no where. i just spaced my plants 1.5 ft apart too because I am new I just tossed seeds into the ground and they poped up everywhere so now they are all evenly placed and doing well. I am in PA by the way </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Dc2itrguy, Best of luck to your grow man.

Fellow growers does MJ use more water in the flowering stage or the veg stage :confused: